Video: The Fraggles at Carnegie Hall!

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a complete video of Wembley, Red, and Matt on youtube when they appeared at Carnegie Hall; and I am starting to think that there isn't a complete video of them up. :sigh: Does anyone have a complete video of them that they cam upload. I really do mean complete, because I have watched the one Fraggle video of Wembley, Red, and Matt at Carnegie that is up, and I got really disappointed when it wasn't complete.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I know what you mean but somehow soon they'll able to complete it,

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Oh, I hope so. When I was watching clips on other parts of the performance, I started to tear up. It is nice that they brought out the Fraggles again, so now all they need to do is put that clip up on youtube.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's pretty exciting! I was starting to get frustrated with Fraggles being so rudely neglected all these years! What gives?! (With the exception of Karen Prell's public appearances...which are AWESOME.) Thanks for sharing that video with us. We shall now all live vicariously through you.
It all has to do with Puppet Building. The Fraggles have been out of the media eye for some time, I doubt the puppets would be in that good of shape.

So it's an annoying Catch 22 (like there's any other kind?)

They simply can't rebuild the characters until they have a decent enough project, and they can't hype up the franchise to get another project until we get the characters back in the spotlight. Plus, the Muppeteers are pretty busy lately with Muppet stuff, and when the next muppet movie films, they're going to be pretty busy with that one.

bandit

Reaction score
It all has to do with Puppet Building. The Fraggles have been out of the media eye for some time, I doubt the puppets would be in that good of shape.

So it's an annoying Catch 22 (like there's any other kind?)

They simply can't rebuild the characters until they have a decent enough project, and they can't hype up the franchise to get another project until we get the characters back in the spotlight. Plus, the Muppeteers are pretty busy lately with Muppet stuff, and when the next muppet movie films, they're going to be pretty busy with that one.
I hate to -LIKE- something like this because it's terrible news but....good information. That is a pretty crappy double-edged sword. I'm always surprised by the fact that the Fraggle Rock crew seemed less popular, though the fans are certainly rabid. I guess maybe their appeal catered to more of a niche audience as where The Muppets were SO chalked with pop culture that it helps drive their staying power.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate to -LIKE- something like this because it's terrible news but....good information. That is a pretty crappy double-edged sword. I'm always surprised by the fact that the Fraggle Rock crew seemed less popular, though the fans are certainly rabid. I guess maybe their appeal catered to more of a niche audience as where The Muppets were SO chalked with pop culture that it helps drive their staying power.
Think about it this way. Fraggle Rock was an HBO series. Even as far as cable channels go, it was on a premium network you had to pay extra for. While they were the only takers, it severely hurt the show's potential popularity due to its inaccessibility. Compare it with Sesame Street, a show that's been on over 40 years on PBS. a network that parents sat us down in front of when we were younger, seen by every single person in the country under the age of 50 at some point. Not even Elmo... just say Cookie Monster or Big Bird and everyone immediately knows what you're talking about. Say Red or Boober, if you're lucky, you'll get a reaction. People basically know it from other knowing of it.

The problem is, with The Muppets at Disney and Sesame Street's characters at Sesame Workshop even before that, Henson has pretty few Jim Henson links. They're lucky that Dark Crystal and Labyrinth have become cult hits (Labyrinth especially)... but they want to establish something else classically Henson as their main franchise. That's Fraggles. Otherwise, Henson's just that company that produces Dinosaur Train. Henson desperately wants the Fraggle Movie to happen. It's just that every movie studio out there would rather drudge up some obsolete comic strip and ruin that instead.

bandit

Reaction score
Here here! Well said. I hadn't considered the HBO ves PBS aspect. You are absolutely right.

Also about comic movie. Spandex and latex overdose. Yikes! Though...the recent ones are better...but i digress.
Good points!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Back to the video, now that I'm finally on a fast enough connection to watch it...

Whew, but it's great to see them back in action. The characters sound just great. They look great too, except for Matt, who, um, seems crosseyed and goofy. Fix his eyes and he'd be perfect.

Work those pigtails, Red!

bandit

Reaction score
What are ya talking about! He IS crosseyed and goofy. Looks perfectly like his old ridiculous self. Lol JK....maybe.