"The Muppets" out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK on June 11, 2012

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Hi all, :smile:

Sorry if this has been posted anywhere else, but I can't see it.

'The Muppets' is now up for pre-order in the UK with a release date of June 11th 2012!

It has the same artwork as the US, but we aren't going to get Blu-Ray/DVD combos or a digital copy, but that's ok with me.

The special features on the Blu-Ray are:

·The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History*) *We Think
·Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination Of The Making Of The Muppets
·A Little Screen Test On The Way To The Read Through
·Deleted Scenes
·Theatrical Spoof Trailers
·Audio Commentary With Jason Segel, James Bobin And Nicholas Stoller

Sadly the DVD just has "The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History*) *We Think"

At the moment Amazon has the Blu-Ray for £16.09 and the DVD for £12.99.

If you order the DVD or the Blu-Ray from Amazon before 23.59 BST on Friday, March 30, 2012 and use promo code ‘MUPPETS1' you get £1 off! More info here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000625343

I've already ordered the US version, but I might get the UK version as-well, when it comes out!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Good news! On the Sainsburys website, they have 'The Muppets' up for pre-order for £9.99, and it comes with an exclusive show sampler disc! On there site the Blu-Ray doesn't come with the disc, but that could change.

Sampler Disc
Wocka! Wocka! Wocka! Grab a seat and spend some time with characters that have kept the world laughing for over 50 years. Join the hardest workign muppets in showbiz- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Animal and Fozzie Bear - in The Muppet Show's fall-down-funny third series. It's jam-packed with some of television prime-time's msot memorable moments. Aaaaaaaaaaah!
https://www.sainsburysentertainment...w-Sampler-Disc/product.html?product=E11057062

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I hope we get some other uk exclusives. Just not DVD of shows we already own??

Chris

Stacey Riley

Reaction score
*sigh* How come the bluray gets all the extras? I don't own a bluray player. Not sure if I can play them on my laptop or not. *another sigh*

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
*sigh* How come the bluray gets all the extras? I don't own a bluray player. Not sure if I can play them on my laptop or not. *another sigh*
Yeah, there was a whole discussion about that on the American release thread. :rolleyes:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah we Americans went all out on that subject. LOL!!! But congrats on you guys getting your release date!!! I know for me personally I'd love to hear your own thoughts of it when you guys get it!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yay! Let's hear it for Disney - ripping off Muppet fans all over the globe!

Let's have three big cheers!

<crickets>
Are you really that surprised? It wouldn't be their first time. LOL!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Are you really that surprised? It wouldn't be their first time. LOL!
Surprised? No - this kinda thing is why so many people were leery about Muppets being owned by them way back in the first place.

Severely disappointed? Yes. A lot of us thought they were really doing right by the Muppets and getting pretty expert about pleasing the fanbase...and then they pull stunts like this making all the latest great Muppet treasures available to half its fanbase...on a release that ironically celebrates and is about Muppet fans to begin with.

I at least wanted to hope at least one of the international market wouldn't have had to go through those silly games - but looks like they're following the same plan everywhere. Plus if at least one country put the good extras on dvd, then someone with a regionfree player could access them and start up the process of a trading tree or something to get the rest of the fans to see them.