1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK on June 11, 2012

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by panmanthe2nd, Mar 28, 2012.

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Hi all, :)

Sorry if this has been posted anywhere else, but I can't see it.

'The Muppets' is now up for pre-order in the UK with a release date of June 11th 2012!

[​IMG][​IMG]

It has the same artwork as the US, but we aren't going to get Blu-Ray/DVD combos or a digital copy, but that's ok with me.

The special features on the Blu-Ray are:

·The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History*) *We Think
    ·Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination Of The Making Of The Muppets
    ·A Little Screen Test On The Way To The Read Through
    ·Deleted Scenes
    ·Theatrical Spoof Trailers
    ·Audio Commentary With Jason Segel, James Bobin And Nicholas Stoller

Sadly the DVD just has "The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History*) *We Think"

At the moment Amazon has the Blu-Ray for £16.09 and the DVD for £12.99.

If you order the DVD or the Blu-Ray from Amazon before 23.59 BST on Friday, March 30, 2012 and use promo code ‘MUPPETS1' you get £1 off! More info here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000625343

I've already ordered the US version, but I might get the UK version as-well, when it comes out!
  2. panmanthe2nd

Good news! On the Sainsburys website, they have 'The Muppets' up for pre-order for £9.99, and it comes with an exclusive show sampler disc! On there site the Blu-Ray doesn't come with the disc, but that could change.

https://www.sainsburysentertainment...w-Sampler-Disc/product.html?product=E11057062
  3. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I hope we get some other uk exclusives. Just not DVD of shows we already own??

Chris
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  4. panmanthe2nd

Me too, but anything is better than nothing.
  5. Stacey Riley

Stacey Riley New Member

*sigh* How come the bluray gets all the extras? I don't own a bluray player. Not sure if I can play them on my laptop or not. *another sigh*
  6. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a whole discussion about that on the American release thread. :rolleyes:
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah we Americans went all out on that subject. LOL!!! But congrats on you guys getting your release date!!! I know for me personally I'd love to hear your own thoughts of it when you guys get it!
  8. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Yay! Let's hear it for Disney - ripping off Muppet fans all over the globe!

Let's have three big cheers!

<crickets>
    Muppet fan 123 and Beauregard like this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Are you really that surprised? It wouldn't be their first time. LOL!
  10. dwmckim

Surprised? No - this kinda thing is why so many people were leery about Muppets being owned by them way back in the first place.

Severely disappointed? Yes. A lot of us thought they were really doing right by the Muppets and getting pretty expert about pleasing the fanbase...and then they pull stunts like this making all the latest great Muppet treasures available to half its fanbase...on a release that ironically celebrates and is about Muppet fans to begin with.

I at least wanted to hope at least one of the international market wouldn't have had to go through those silly games - but looks like they're following the same plan everywhere. Plus if at least one country put the good extras on dvd, then someone with a regionfree player could access them and start up the process of a trading tree or something to get the rest of the fans to see them.
    Drtooth likes this.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Like I said before, it isn't just Disney. Let's put the blame where the blame is due, Don Sonyone. Disney is apparently allergic to giving any of it's standard DVD's any special features of any kind, and it's treatment of the Muppet movie is no different from their bare bones rerelease of The Lion King.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Disney where dreams come true. LOL!
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You didn't read the fine print. It's really:

Disney: Where Dreams Come True!
    As long as you have a ton of money and a blu-ray player.

14. Pinkflower7783

ROTFL!!!! Trust me that "ton of money" isnt just for their blu-ray/DVD releases. But we say that about Disney but let's face it most of the big entertainment cooperations are just runned by a bunch of greedy Tex Richmans. :p
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Is the UK version of the movie any different than the american one?
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yep. That's the problem with anyone in the entertainment business these days. Their priority list's first 16 bullets say the same thing: Money. Really, they'll do anything to get it. And I mean anything! No one cares anymore about making healthy entertainment. Instead they just put on whatever inappropriate R-rated thing they can find. Why? It sells! Yeah, I know, R-rated is a bit of an understatement. X-rated would be the better term. :p
  17. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I say ROWFL. :sympathy: Get it? Rowlf! Ahhh, I'm so fun-nee! Wocka Wocka! ;)
  18. dwmckim

...And yet it never occured to anyone that if they put the great extras on BOTH the dvds and the blurays that they'd make MORE money because of the people who may have passed on buying the dvd because of the lack of bonus features.

It's a simple idea - put out something people really want to buy and they'll buy it and you'll get money. Where is the money in angering consumers and giving them what they don't want?
  19. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I got that joke sadly...:sleep::boo: LOL!
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

You should really write to Disney!