"The Muppets" out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK on June 11, 2012

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I love how far Disney has brought the Muppets, but I wish that they were still with the Jim Henson Company. I mean, at least there they care about the fans. DVDs were what fans wanted and expected. Sadly, the Jim Henson Company is only suriving because of Sesame Street. I wish it was like it was back in the 80's. :cry:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It's not that unusual for films to have small differences in different parts of the world.

For example, "The Pirates! In an Adventure With Scientists", (called "The Pirates! - Band of Misfits" in the US) had some jokes, that were removed from the US version, because they weren't 'family friendly'.

As far as I know, they didn't do this with The Muppets anywhere (although I remember something about them removing the 'Fart-shoes' bit in India).

Oh okay! I see what you mean now

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And to be honest the muppets probably would've gone to Disney anyways since Jim was in talks at the time to sell his company to them. Unfortunately he past away before any further talks were made but I think if Jim was still alive he probably would've sold them anyways so...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I love how far Disney has brought the Muppets, but I wish that they were still with the Jim Henson Company. I mean, at least there they care about the fans. DVDs were what fans wanted and expected. Sadly, the Jim Henson Company is only suriving because of Sesame Street. I wish it was like it was back in the 80's. :cry:
To me it's more like how far Jason brought the muppets I mean he wanted to do it, Disney wasn't even initally on board from what I heard at the start. Its been only till how much money the movie has brought in that Disney is finally sitting up straight in their chairs and now the shoe is on the other food now Disney wants the next movie out ASAP.

dwmckim

Reaction score
And to be honest the muppets probably would've gone to Disney anyways since Jim was in talks at the time to sell his company to them. Unfortunately he past away before any further talks were made but I think if Jim was still alive he probably would've sold them anyways so...
Actually towards the end he was starting to get a sense of buyer's remorse particularly with how Disney kept trying to go after the Sesame Muppets and seeing how the corporate philosophy of the Disney execs were in contrast with his own.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I have never read or heard about that. Like I said those talks never got very far because he past away. So I'll take back I don't know if Jim would've sold or not however I do think with him wanting a big company like Disney to handle the business side so he could do more creative things shows he was very much serious. I personally am fine with the muppets being with Disney. I mean if you wanna write to anyone write to Jim's kids their the ones that sold the muppets to Disney.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I completely forgot about Jason when posting that. He is the reason the Muppets came this far. Hmmm... now I have conflicting thoughts about Disney... :grr: