Songs You Can't Stand

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's a good song otherwise I think.
I mean I hate to pick on the song, I get that it's supposed to be sweet and touching. It's just not the message I would have chosen. To me I would have told the kid to go home and be with his mom instead of worrying that she'll look pretty for Jesus (who just wants to see you, not your shoes). It feels like the adult in the song learned "what Christmas was all about" but the child learned nothing. We're just supposed to go "aww" at how naive the child is, which I found a bit insulting to kids frankly. I know I'm probably being way too analytical, but overall I just find the song overly sappy and simplistic.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't buy heralde a pair of shoes for Christmas. Jesus loves her just the way she is.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I mean I hate to pick on the song, I get that it's supposed to be sweet and touching. It's just not the message I would have chosen. To me I would have told the kid to go home and be with his mom instead of worrying that she'll look pretty for Jesus (who just wants to see you, not your shoes). It feels like the adult in the song learned "what Christmas was all about" but the child learned nothing. We're just supposed to go "aww" at how naive the child is, which I found a bit insulting to kids frankly. I know I'm probably being way too analytical, but overall I just find the song overly sappy and simplistic.[/quote
I agree! She'd probably rather have her last few hours with her obviously loving son than have all the shoes in the world, if she's a good mother.
dominic the donkey
I thought so.

bandit

Reaction score
Yeah, we have similar threads for songs we're listening to right now, we can't get out of our heads, etc... but are there any songs out there you just absolutely cannot stand whenever you hear it on the radio, or in a public place, at played at a party, etc? For me, I have a list of top three songs I cannot stand:

1. "Physical" by Oliva Newton-John
Ugh! I love the 80s, but really, this song is rully annoying, and I'm told he MV was just as annoying as the song itself, which I haven't seen, but I believe it.

2. "I Wanna Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
I'm not even a really big Foreigner fan anyway, but what irks me about this song is it sounds like the group is basically shouting the chorus rather than singing it, I mean is this supposed to be a love song, or primal scream therapy?

3. "Brown-Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison
Ehh... you know, there's just some songs that maybe enjoyable at first, but the more you hear it over and over and over again it drives you nuts, and this song has reached that point for me, I got so sick of it that now whenever I hear it, it drives me nuts.
Whoa! You picked some of the songs I also loathe.

Add to this Colbie Caillat's Bubbly because it is inane and ridiculous and mushy in the worst kind of Hallmarky way. I can see the 'Precious Moments' eyes staring back at me already. Yuck!
Also anything by James Taylor. Same reasons as the above. "You've got a friend..." Too wimpy to sing a song with FEELING! If you sneeze, the man and all of his music will blow away...
Quick, somebody sneeze.
Mariah Carey's just about anything. Her caterwauling grates.
Oh oh! And Lips of an Angel because any song about a guy cheating on his girlfriend just isn't cool....and the guy looks like he is ill.

bandit

Reaction score
dominic the donkey
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I put this on my friend's Christmas music CD....Cause I knew it would annoy him. It's so funny to see it here!

Reactions: mo

bandit

Reaction score
Butterfly kisses! HORRIBLE song! The man infuriates me with his self indulgence and overbearing sappiness.
Gavin DeGraw's "I'm in Love with A Girl" I didn't like it before the video and I became enraged when I saw it. Whoever she is, he doesn't deserve her. *lol*

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I like a lot of songs of all types but there are a few artists that i can't stand. I nominate anything by John Bon Jovi. I don't think he's terrible. Just a tribute to mediocrity. I have never understood his appeal. How his band has stayed around so long is beyond me. His music packs the same punch as flavorless white bread with the crust cut off. :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like a lot of songs of all types but there are a few artists that i can't stand. I nominate anything by John Bon Jovi. I don't think he's terrible. Just a tribute to mediocrity. I have never understood his appeal. How his band has stayed around so long is beyond me. His music packs the same punch as flavorless white bread with the crust cut off. :grouchy:
I like "Dear or Alive", but that's about it.