I realized I forgot to post about my cruise!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wow, a lot of people have taken trips recently. I went to DC last week. I may post some of the pictures. Not that the inside of the capital is all that interesting :smirk:

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Yep...I sure did! I love cruises! (I know..."No kidding..Really?:rolleyes:" ) As much as I love them though, it's nice to get home to my cats. Once I got home, one of my cats was SO happy to see me & while I was on the computer he kept pawing at my shoulder for me to get off so he could snuggle with me. :halo:
Aw...that's too adorable! <3 :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
So glad you had a birthday surprise, with your niece! Sounds like a fun time.

One thing I am curious about: WHERE did the boat go? I mean, I thought the point of cruises used to be the destination? Onboard stuff sounds fun, but isn't it just a diversion until you get to your actual port(s) of call?

About the servant thing: yeah. But those of us who do service jobs are usually taught that you start by calling the client, patient, etc, Mr or Mrs unless THEY tell you otherwise. It's intended to be respectful...though I can see how it would make you uncomfortable as well. Glad you established a bit of a rapport with some of the staff.
--------------

Katzi428

Reaction score
----------------
So glad you had a birthday surprise, with your niece! Sounds like a fun time.

One thing I am curious about: WHERE did the boat go? I mean, I thought the point of cruises used to be the destination? Onboard stuff sounds fun, but isn't it just a diversion until you get to your actual port(s) of call?

About the servant thing: yeah. But those of us who do service jobs are usually taught that you start by calling the client, patient, etc, Mr or Mrs unless THEY tell you otherwise. It's intended to be respectful...though I can see how it would make you uncomfortable as well. Glad you established a bit of a rapport with some of the staff.
--------------
Huh? The ship was supposed to go someplace? :confused:
J/K :wink:
It went to Labadee Haiti then onto Jamaica, then Mexico. I would have gotten off, but I have trouble walking distances.
Oh..get this:
You all know how much I love Starbucks' right? (I'm pretty much :insatiable: when it comes to their frappucinoes) My older brother is aware of this fact too & gave me $50 worth of Onboard credit to use for Starbucks on the ship. Meanwhile I have a WHOLE bunch of Starebucks giftcards from my mom's boyfriend. So I'm happily spending older bro's Onboard credits on Starbucks when I find out the next to last day , they accept Starbucks' cards on the ship!!! I could have used my brother's Onboard credits for something else!! I was SO annoyed!!:mad::grr:
But I really had fun!:big_grin:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
:news: Here is a caffeine-induced News Flash!

Local Hensonville resident Kathy was forcibly dragged off a cruise ship this weekend when the purser ran out of Starbucks' Double Overpriced SuperMoccaLattaccinos. The longtime Muppet fan, still wearing her Chef shirt, apparently became agitated when the coffee finally ran out and suffered an episode of paranoid coffephrenia, loudly insisting that "you guys are just HIDING the beans! Let me back there! I'll show you! There HAVE to be MORE BEANS!"

Ship's purser Rizzo the Rat offered his viewpoint:

:shifty: Yeah, well, some people ya just can't let have dat fiftieth double shot, ya know? Da barista shoulda cut her off at thoity.

Cruise line spokespersons insisted it was all "a big misunderstanding -- we thought she wanted Mexican jumping beans, and Animal ate those before we even set sail."
----------------

Katzi428

Reaction score
------------
:news: Here is a caffeine-induced News Flash!

Local Hensonville resident Kathy was forcibly dragged off a cruise ship this weekend when the purser ran out of Starbucks' Double Overpriced SuperMoccaLattaccinos. The longtime Muppet fan, still wearing her Chef shirt, apparently became agitated when the coffee finally ran out and suffered an episode of paranoid coffephrenia, loudly insisting that "you guys are just HIDING the beans! Let me back there! I'll show you! There HAVE to be MORE BEANS!"

Ship's purser Rizzo the Rat offered his viewpoint:

:shifty: Yeah, well, some people ya just can't let have dat fiftieth double shot, ya know? Da barista shoulda cut her off at thoity.

Cruise line spokespersons insisted it was all "a big misunderstanding -- we thought she wanted Mexican jumping beans, and Animal ate those before we even set sail."
----------------
ROFLMAO!!!You're a regular nutcase hokay!!:crazy: