Muppets on ABC's The Bachelorette in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoebell

Reaction score
me too. it's kind of a cheap appearance, like the kind of thing they did pre-Muppets 2011 imo.

Borples

Reaction score
Well, I agree that it's a travesty that this show even exists (no one's actually said that, but it seems to be the general tone of this thread. :wink: ). But from the preview clip, it looks like their segment manages to be cute and Muppety. A little like the Kermit-talks-to-the-guest segments of TMS. Maybe it won't be so bad, if we just ignore the rest of the show.

bandit

Reaction score
Well, my objection isn't to what they'll be doing there. It's that they are there at all. I don't really like to think of Muppets in association with such junkfood TV. It seems like it sends the wrong message. I mean that show is a joke anyway.
Some dodo is looking for a love partner by doing a contest?! I mean...what Jerry Springer fairy tale did that bubblehead think she's weaving?
I don't know. I just don't think it's a good direction.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As I said before they're wayyyyyyyyyy too good to be on that show but...I'd only suffer through that show for them. LOL!

Borples

Reaction score
Well, my objection isn't to what they'll be doing there. It's that they are there at all. I don't really like to think of Muppets in association with such junkfood TV. It seems like it sends the wrong message. I mean that show is a joke anyway.
Some dodo is looking for a love partner by doing a contest?! I mean...what Jerry Springer fairy tale did that bubblehead think she's weaving?
I don't know. I just don't think it's a good direction.
Oh, I hear you. Of all the "reality" tv shows, this is the worst kind. Let's make a competition out of human relationships! Ick. But, that said, it won't hurt the Muppets. They're at a place right now where no one's gonna confuse them for second-rate entertainers just because they're on a third-rate tv show. So I'm just going to eke whatever Muppety goodness there is out of it, and rest easy in the knowledge that the Muppets will still be going strong long after shows like The Bachelorette have become an embarassing footnote in history. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh, I hear you. Of all the "reality" tv shows, this is the worst kind. Let's make a competition out of human relationships! Ick. But, that said, it won't hurt the Muppets. They're at a place right now where no one's gonna confuse them for second-rate entertainers just because they're on a third-rate tv show. So I'm just going to eke whatever Muppety goodness there is out of it, and rest easy in the knowledge that the Muppets will still be going strong long after shows like The Bachelorette have become an embarassing footnote in history. :smile:
I wish I could like this more then once. Lol!

bandit

Reaction score
I guess I'm not really articulating this very well. For me, my objection to them being on a show like that is that it doesn't really jive with the whole Henson philosophy. I mean, I'm all for warped humor and am by now means a prude. I do find the inappropriate funny most of the time. Having said that, that, doesn't having the Muppets on a show like that kind of go against the whole family values bit? o.o
There's such a disconnect there.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Trust me I can't believe as well they'd be on a show like this I mean really out of all shows The Bachelorette? But like I said ONLY for them am I gonna sit down and actually watch this dreadful show next Monday. Lol! Kermit & Piggy are too high quality entertainment for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.