Muppets on ABC's The Bachelorette in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah but the sequel probably won't be out till 2014. I think the series would do very well if they just put it on at a decent time slot. Besides that would just give them even more publicity when the sequel does come out. Even if we don't get a Muppet show I hope we seem them in a lot more TV specials especially around the holidays.

Borples

Reaction score
Charlotte, hey? Shoot, I'm only about an hour and a half from there. Wish I knew when they were filming so I could go stalk some Muppeteers. Er, I mean, offer some heartfelt fan support, yes, that's what I meant. :wink:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Grrr. I really don't like that show, but I do like that ABC/Disney likes the Muppets and they're giving them top-level exposure. That's what I'll take from this. :wink:
I say forget these small cameos on pointless shows like The Bachelor and BRING BACK THE MUPPET SHOW!!!
I have to agree with both these statements. I don't particularly like the Muppet appearances that feel forced, I think it only cheapens them. Such as when a reality show features another reality show celeb. Hollywood must think we's so dumb.

But on the other hand it does keep the exposure up and possibly reach another audience until the next movie - or even until they have their own show that keeps them in the public eye on a weekly basis. And while I don't particularly care for shows like The Bachelor or Bachelorette I think we'll just have to take what we can get for now. :smirk:

Borples

Reaction score
The wonder of the internet is that we won't have to sit and actually watch the show. We can just pick out clips the next morning! :big_grin:

Reaction score
Hi gang! Don't know where the date occurred, but according to Reality Steve, it was a group date w/13 guys. The lead's daughter was there (but apparently she was kept separate from the guys).

Piggy and Kermit were the Muppets in attendance for whatever happened.

I'm happy they are getting more publicity, but I still find this really weird! I can't imagine it being as bad as the Piggy/Chelsea Handler trainwreck though, so in that respect, I guess I'm okay with this, haha.

Twitter link: http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/181187370798956544

Drtooth

Reaction score
Grrr. I really don't like that show, but I do like that ABC/Disney likes the Muppets and they're giving them top-level exposure. That's what I'll take from this. :wink:
I agree. I don't need to watch an intelligence-insulting Reality show to see the Muppets. :: puts in Muppet Show DVD:: :cool:
The fact they're getting exposure is indeed a good thing and all, but Bachelor/Bachelorette is such a toxic program. Even a step above most reality TV shows. I don't know why it all the sudden became popular again, since it was actually about to completely disappear years ago (even Family Guy stated in it's first season after the comeback that it was "once a hit show").

I'm going to wait and see if they post this online. Even Muppets wouldn't get me to watch this program.

zoebell

Reaction score
i'll see it online as well. or maybe have it on mute until i see the muppets show up. i do have to say it seems strange to me, i don't get how they would even fit them in to this

but i don't think the chelsea interview was that bad, i thought eric handled it great, actually. ONLY miss piggy could have attempted chelsea, because she has the ability to snap back like that

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'll just catch the clip of it online on youtube or something. I refuse to torture myself through that whole show not knowing when they'd show up. I just can't do it! XP

And I just wanna say The Muppets are way tooooooooo good to be on that show!

Alvin

Reaction score
WAYYYYY to good...I think their reaching on that one...JUST saying

Status
Not open for further replies.