Muppets on ABC's The Bachelorette in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not exactly what I expected to read today, but the main spoiler guy for ABC's "reality" dating show "The Bachelorette" posted on twitter yesterday that the Muppets will be making an appearance during a date that will be filmed this Saturday. He didn't say which Muppets will be there.

He is legit, so this is happening, IMO. Kind of a bizarre place for them to pop up, but this year's Bachelorette has a young daughter, so maybe that is the reason? Could be fun, though!

Season premieres mid-May. Since they just started taping this week, I would assume this date would air during the 2nd episode.

Here are the links to the related tweets:
http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/179642148327669760
http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/179642384458596352
http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/179642947480985600

Alvin

Reaction score
WOW...that's an ODD place to see them...I would assume that it would be Piggy...weird.

Reaction score
WOW...that's an ODD place to see them...I would assume that it would be Piggy...weird.
It is really strange. Granted, the Muppets are for all ages, but this is kind of out there.

Maybe Piggy will karate chop some of the lamer contestants, particularly the ones with girlfriends back home, weird habits, etc. She has better judgement than most of these leads do, ha! :big_grin:

ETA: The early part of the season is apparently being filmed in Charlotte, NC, so if any Muppetteer ever makes mention of traveling that way this week, that would give us a clue.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I bet someone is gonna hit on Kermit and Miss Piggy is gonna karate chop!!! Sounds Muppety to me! Lol!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Grrr. I really don't like that show, but I do like that ABC/Disney likes the Muppets and they're giving them top-level exposure. That's what I'll take from this. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I say forget these small cameos on pointless shows like The Bachelor and BRING BACK THE MUPPET SHOW!!!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I say forget these small cameos on pointless shows like The Bachelor and BRING BACK THE MUPPET SHOW!!!
I agree. I don't need to watch an intelligence-insulting Reality show to see the Muppets. :: puts in Muppet Show DVD:: :cool:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I mean that's great their back in the public eye but if you really wanna get them back back why not bring back The Muppet Show? I mean there's rumors going around anyways why not just go for it!

zoebell

Reaction score
actually if they're already doing a movie sequel there probably wouldn't be time yet to get another series off the ground. at least right now

Status
Not open for further replies.