Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to pass on the letter writing to someone else on here. When ever I look at it my mind goes completely blank. Sorry!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to pass on the letter writing to someone else on here. When ever I look at it my mind goes completely blank. Sorry!
its okay.... maybe we should all attempt to write a letter post it here and then one of us can put the ideas into one coherent letter.....not sure of the idea of all of us writing letters... at least at first...I think it needs to come from a comitee as it will sound more official...perhaps then we could send some individual letters to show support for this idea.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Whoa!!!!!!!! Man! I just read the 7 pages on the last thread and the 6 on this and... man! You guys are amazing! Just, thank you for taking my idea to the next level! MuppetFest was awesome and to just think of the possibilities for a new one, is just fantastic.

To kind of begin responding, while I think Muppets should be the biggest part, I agree with Pinkflower that it should have diversity with other such fandoms as Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Dinosaurs, the Storyteller, Panwapa, Stuffed and Unstrung, anything!

I, too, agree Greenville is the best place for something like this, something that really honors Henson. Plus, it's really close to my home. We should definitely talk to the Greenville Chamber of Commerce first and then go on to guests.

Guests like Frank Oz, Bill Barretta, Dave Goelz, Kevin Clash, and Steve Whitmire would be my biggest choices, but they, at least at this point, would be somewhat implausible. Realistic choices would be Paul Williams (as... someone on here said), John Tartaglia, Noel MacNeal, Tyler Bunch, Victor Yerrid, Drew Massey, Louis Henry Mitchell and some other minor Sesame Street workers... possibly Matt Vogel, David Rudman, Peter Linz, maybe. Heck, Joey Mazzarino could be accomplished. And we could also easily get Amy Mebberson and the Muppet comic books writers and artists.

Speaking of Muppet comic books, for merchandise sellers, I would love for there to be a huge presence of Muppet comic books (i.e. The Muppet Show Comic Book, Fraggle Rock, The Tale of Sand) being sold and signed by aforementioned writers and artists. We should also have Sesame Street toys being sold, some of those new Muppet storybooks, and maybe some former Palisades Muppet action figure workers and designers could be there too.

I may be getting a little bit to unrealistic. But this is just my opinions.

For dates, Jim Henson's birthday, Jim Henson's death, and/or the time the next new Muppet movie comes movin' right along are all great dates. I greatly favor the latter due to, if we have enough connections, we could possibly have that sneak peek of the movie we so desperately would want.

I don't have much else to say except for that I love these great ideas your making! Keep on and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Whoa!!!!!!!! Man! I just read the 7 pages on the last thread and the 6 on this and... man! You guys are amazing! Just, thank you for taking my idea to the next level! MuppetFest was awesome and to just think of the possibilities for a new one, is just fantastic.

To kind of begin responding, while I think Muppets should be the biggest part, I agree with Pinkflower that it should have diversity with other such fandoms as Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Dinosaurs, the Storyteller, Panwapa, Stuffed and Unstrung, anything!

I, too, agree Greenville is the best place for something like this, something that really honors Henson. Plus, it's really close to my home. We should definitely talk to the Greenville Chamber of Commerce first and then go on to guests.

Guests like Frank Oz, Bill Barretta, Dave Goelz, Kevin Clash, and Steve Whitmire would be my biggest choices, but they, at least at this point, would be somewhat implausible. Realistic choices would be Paul Williams (as... someone on here said), John Tartaglia, Noel MacNeal, Tyler Bunch, Victor Yerrid, Drew Massey, Louis Henry Mitchell and some other minor Sesame Street workers... possibly Matt Vogel, David Rudman, Peter Linz, maybe. Heck, Joey Mazzarino could be accomplished. And we could also easily get Amy Mebberson and the Muppet comic books writers and artists.

Speaking of Muppet comic books, for merchandise sellers, I would love for there to be a huge presence of Muppet comic books (i.e. The Muppet Show Comic Book, Fraggle Rock, The Tale of Sand) being sold and signed by aforementioned writers and artists. We should also have Sesame Street toys being sold, some of those new Muppet storybooks, and maybe some former Palisades Muppet action figure workers and designers could be there too.

I may be getting a little bit to unrealistic. But this is just my opinions.

For dates, Jim Henson's birthday, Jim Henson's death, and/or the time the next new Muppet movie comes movin' right along are all great dates. I greatly favor the latter due to, if we have enough connections, we could possibly have that sneak peek of the movie we so desperately would want.

I don't have much else to say except for that I love these great ideas your making! Keep on and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!
Thanks for the input and kick starting this idea. You know I say don't worry about being unrealistic... I figure we invite anyone and everyone we can think of and whoever says yes says yes...and you mentioned some great ideas that I would never have even thought of. The trick is to just keep this moving and get everyone on board that we can. It takes a village to run a Henson Convention. We just got to keep moving forward with this yet take it one step at a time...so obvioulsy were working on the contacting Greenville part....worst case scenario they say no....best cae they want to be involved in this....I'm thinking it will be in the middle where they don't mind us having it there, but will have very little involvement.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I'd love to see a table at the convention selling Cookie Monster cookies, Big Bird seeds and other themed foods!

bandit

Reaction score
All we need is a solid pitch. Here's the format you can follow in abridged form...ahem.......
"Hi! This is who I am. This is my idea. This is how and why it can work. This is where your input would be appreciate it. This is where we acknowledge that we've taken up your time. This is where we appreciate it again. This is where we bring it all to an eloquent close." And if that doesn't work, you send another...

"Hi! This is where I remind you who we are. This is where we remind of you of our cause. This is where we point out how many thousands of muppet fans there are. This is where we point out how CRAZED we can all be. This is where we reference medieval torture devices, killer chickens and dynamite. This is where we make our demands again. This is where we close with 'Thank you' and 'Or Else.'"

It's a snap! We just have to be sure not to end this whole plan with "This is where we get arrested."