Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't insult the barrel.
*Cue music* Everybody roll the barrel...
I don't see how that's so much being out of ideas so much as an idea I'm shocked they hadn't done sooner.

Me? I've had that problem with glasses before. They don't make frames like the ones that you had and you have to get something new anytime the frames give out or you lose those insipid screws and can't get replacements. I had to get an expensive set of frames just to salvage the lenses I had in one pair. It was far cheaper than getting new lenses all together.
I've been lucky enough to be able to keep getting the same frames (or at least frames nearly identical) for about... dang, I forget how long... but glasses are somewhat of a hassle for me, because I HAVE to wear them, they're something of an identity and trademark for me, so I have to find frames that are "me", otherwise, I'm not D'Snowth.

Funnily enough, recently when I had to help my mother get a new pair of glasses (she's been getting rimless, which I find defeats the purpose), the optomostrists working there said Sarah Palin made glasses a fashion statement. How stupid that is... I grew up in the generation where glasses were socially acceptable, so glasses were "cool" long before anybody ever heard of Palin.

Now if only Tina Fey would stop ditching her glasses as if we did a back flip into previous generations where glasses were for dorks.

Hubert

Reaction score
I kinda liked today's new episode. Good lesson for kids, to not let your appearance and whatnot affect the way you behave and act. It wasn't perfectly executed, but still fairly good. There was so much stuff in there for knowledgable Arthur fans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what bugs me about the last season? Not even the fact that it took us 2 years to get episodes that were already shown all at once in Australia, but they're clearly airing them out of order.

There are all these little nuggets and Easter Eggs relating to other episodes that didn't air yet. One episode, you see Capri DiVapida wearing a nose cone flashing across a television, and the episode that actually had that aired later that year. Then the Pioneer Girls dolls popped up in the background almost a year before the episode with them showed up. There was some mild continuity with the soccer ball being lost, but that's it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what bugs me about the last season? Not even the fact that it took us 2 years to get episodes that were already shown all at once in Australia, but they're clearly airing them out of order.
Like for some reason or another, my PBS didn't even air Season Six at all until well after Seasons Seven and Eight were in reruns... not that it matters, Six turned out to be a terrible season anyway.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So, yesterday's episode...I didn't like it. It felt weak. I'm not even sure if the first half even had a point. Don't rely on your friends to do your job? If you say you will do something you need to do it? I can understand Francine and Muffy skipping out, but it seems really out of character for Arthur.

The second half...it was meh. I get the point, but again, seems really out of character for Arthur. it would have made more sense if it was Muffy or Francine.

Anyway, today's episode is that Bailey is missing and Muffy gets Buster to help find him. Woop-de-doo

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I feel we already passed the best episode of the season, the Muffy's Classy Classics Club one. Muffy throwing a book into a fake fireplace will never get old.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Synopsis for today's new episode:

TV Guide said:
Muffy believes Fern must be upset over never winning anything, so sets out to give her a prize.
I'm pretty sure that was an episode of Hey Arnold!, was it not? Something involving Helga and Phoebe I believe, right? Like I think Helga's parents went on another one of their bragging sprees on Olga always winning things, so she wheedles Phoebe into letting her take her place at some kind of Scholars' Bowl-esque trivia competition so she can win a trophy and finally try to begin measuring up to Olga.