Monday Dinner Date

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
I am intrigued by your take on the whole frog/pig thing...but a plea first: please please PLEASE post in 12 pt type, not 10! I have to either squint hard or else change my browser settings (and them change them back for EVERYTHING else). No more tiny type! :grr:

As to the story itself: I like that Piggy was focused enough on this meeting to engage a pro chef to cook (though I wonder why, in that case, he hadn't gone to the house earlier to prep things)...even though I question the very idea of the pig in an apron in ANY kitchen. I like that she recalls details about the house. Your take on the house itself, that K & P lived there for "years" before she left, is intriguing, especially as the argument which caused the breakup was over them being legally married or not! Er...does that mean Kermit just sort of glossed over the whole marital status thing, or was it a sore point while they cohabited, or...well...were they Muppets living in sin? :eek: (Not that I care...but someone might!) The idea of grand Muppet parties having been held at the house sounds delightful, though.

Your treatment of them both as being very gunshy is appropriate, and the dialogue very good. Please keep going! :smile:
----------------

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
-----------------
I am intrigued by your take on the whole frog/pig thing...but a plea first: please please PLEASE post in 12 pt type, not 10! I have to either squint hard or else change my browser settings (and them change them back for EVERYTHING else). No more tiny type! :grr:
That was my bad and lapse. Kinda got a little distracted with my minor fender bender (that was not in my car) and the search for a house before the end of the week (thankfully, I found one).

PROMISE that the next sections will be in 12.

As to the story itself: I like that Piggy was focused enough on this meeting to engage a pro chef to cook (though I wonder why, in that case, he hadn't gone to the house earlier to prep things)...even though I question the very idea of the pig in an apron in ANY kitchen. I like that she recalls details about the house. Your take on the house itself, that K & P lived there for "years" before she left, is intriguing, especially as the argument which caused the breakup was over them being legally married or not! Er...does that mean Kermit just sort of glossed over the whole marital status thing, or was it a sore point while they cohabited, or...well...were they Muppets living in sin? :eek: (Not that I care...but someone might!)
After seeing the Muppets a few times, it occured to me that it was Piggy that left and not like Kermit kicked her out or something, which I thought in itself was interesting because Piggy is usually so loved struck, it was jarring to discover that the two of them weren't together and hadn't been.

Their housing situation was actually a 'my bad' - when I first saw the deleted scene where Piggy had decided to share their happiness with a few reporters, I had originally thought it was part of the present time line and not that of the TMTM timeline.

When I got the junior novel, the scene made more scene, but still seemed a little harsh on Kermit's side (basically stating that he would never marry her, when they had just finished a movie in which they get married). I kinda skewed it a bit to fit what I thought made a better reasoning -

So - in my head - Kermit and Piggy are/have been a couple, with the eventual decision to get married at some point (with Kermit predictably dragging his feet like any guy). It seemed weird - to me - that he would stay in a house (assumedly from the movie) that he clearly didn't want to be in if he had to be married in it.

Anyway, I figure that with Kermit wanting privacy vs Piggy wanting to shout to the world that she got the frog would start to cause fiction and you know those two when they get into an argument.

The idea of grand Muppet parties having been held at the house sounds delightful, though.
That idea could easily come from my own music background. We always had sing a longs and stuff on the bus or in the band room and I can't imagine that the Muppets wouldn't get together for jam sessions or that random jam sessions wouldn't occur while at a party. What's the point of having a piano in the house if neither K or P plays?

Your treatment of them both as being very gunshy is appropriate, and the dialogue very good. Please keep going! :smile:
Oh good:smile: I'm still going through my Muppet stage, so making sure that everyone fits the way that everyone should. Glad that, so far, everyone is who they should be. May not get to the next section until the weekend, but it could be longer as I'm getting some of my stuff from Virginia to bring here to Denver.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
WebMistressGina said: "would start to cause fiction."
Yes, it certainly has, look at this and its predecessor and Eight Ball Rhumba. Good fiction has been caused by those two. :stick_out_tongue:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwwww! Kermit!

I love the way you wrote that. I just.... I'm worried.

Miss Piggy didn't sound so...terribly flattered... When he said he loved her... Hmmmmmmm....

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
WebMistressGina said: "would start to cause fiction."
Yes, it certainly has, look at this and its predecessor and Eight Ball Rhumba. Good fiction has been caused by those two. :stick_out_tongue:
Oh. Ha ha. Yes. See, that should be "friction", but in this case, I was correct because we gets fiction from it.

And no worries, Miss Kermie, things will be okay. I may put characters through the ringer once and while (read: all the time), but it is always darkest before the storm and all that jazz.

Good tiddings, I swear, will cometh. Forth. -ith.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good "tiddings"? Is :embarrassed: man- er bear-ing your typewriter/keyboard like in the Harry Belafonte episode? Sounds like someone's got a case of the typos.
:shifty: Is it contagious?
Only if you're not paying any mind.
:oops: Is it that expensive?
:mad: It certainly is in your case.
Shush... *Gets back to cleaning currently new chapter of KG.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Good "tiddings"? Is :embarrassed: man- er bear-ing your typewriter/keyboard like in the Harry Belafonte episode? Sounds like someone's got a case of the typos.
:shifty: Is it contagious?
Only if you're not paying any mind.
:oops: Is it that expensive?
:mad: It certainly is in your case.
Shush... *Gets back to cleaning currently new chapter of KG.
I'm going to plead exhaustion on this, cause I probably was. I forgot how to read a Google map yesterday, so there! :stick_out_tongue:

The good news is that my moving adventures are almost over. The downside is that I have no idea when I'll be getting back to this. I promise it won't be long, but I'm hoping HOPING next weekend at the latest, h'okay?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Is okay. So long as ju get the bacon bits and Kermin movin' right along together again okay.
:sympathy: Hey, someone left this box of Scooby Snacks out here. *Brings it in for WMG.
:electric: I prefer ramchips myself, especially the barbecue-flavored ones.
:eek: munches on some edible paperclips.
:insatiable: brings up the cookie jar, somewhat filled as he sneaks one out for himself.

Erm, yeah, we kind of stopped to get some snacks along the way. Anything in particular you wanted?

Katzi428

Reaction score
This is so sweet!! Keep going pretty please? And I'm glad you're OK from your fender bender.