Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll be honest I'm more excited about the new muppets movie over Fraggle Rock. :embarrassed:
Reasonable. The writers of the last Muppet movie have already proven themselves worthy of taking up the Muppet mantle, so we're anxiously waiting for what they plan to do next. They gave us a solid Muppet movie that blew all the 1990's ones away, bringing them back to where they should be as a film franchise.

We know literally nothing about how the Fraggle Film is going to be other than they just hired two writers.

So...if Lady Gaga turns up in this movie, I'm walking out, darn it.
I highly doubt she would. It's a shame she wasn't actually in The Muppets making a reference to her Kermit suit. But I'd much more worry about tween pop stars being in that film than her.

bandit

Reaction score
Haha! I wasn't really serious about that. I don't think there is any reason to do it or believe they really would. I'm just saying, they better not try to make it 'edgy.'

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Haha! I wasn't really serious about that. I don't think there is any reason to do it or believe they really would. I'm just saying, they better not try to make it 'edgy.'
Stranger things have happened right? Lol!

bandit

Reaction score
Something else I've heard alot of is that this movie would likely take place in 'Outer space.' I know that was the speculation anyway. Not sure how to feel about that either. The idea of the Fraggle Five wandering out into the real world is exciting, in its own way but then again its one of these things that could backfire.

bandit

Reaction score
Go all 50's scifi/horror and call it....
Fraggles in Outer Space: Attack of the Silly Creatures

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah cause we all know how MFS turned out butttt that's another subject. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something else I've heard alot of is that this movie would likely take place in 'Outer space.' I know that was the speculation anyway. Not sure how to feel about that either. The idea of the Fraggle Five wandering out into the real world is exciting, in its own way but then again its one of these things that could backfire.
A Fraggle Rock movie is going to have to take place at least in part in the real world. Ideally, the plotline should be Gobo not getting Matt's Postcards and thinking something happened to him/a Winnie the Pooh-esque misinterpretation of what Matt wrote causing them to think he's in trouble. Which is similar to a first season episode, but Gobo never goes anywhere.

Still, I hope they spend more of the film in the Fraggle Caves and in the Gorg's garden.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oh, I remembere the first season episode and it was called "Catch the Tail By the Tiger." He was going to go to Outer Space to look for Uncle Matt, but he didn't go and the Trash Heap's advice was, "Don't go!" I sort of started crying when he was about to leave and I kind of whimpered, "No Gobo, don't go. Not now!" That's how I felt! Thank you, Drtooth! You made my day!

bandit

Reaction score
A Fraggle Rock movie is going to have to take place at least in part in the real world. Ideally, the plotline should be Gobo not getting Matt's Postcards and thinking something happened to him/a Winnie the Pooh-esque misinterpretation of what Matt wrote causing them to think he's in trouble. Which is similar to a first season episode, but Gobo never goes anywhere.

Still, I hope they spend more of the film in the Fraggle Caves and in the Gorg's garden.
Agreed. If they spend most of the film in the familiar territory of Fraggle Rock and the Gorg's garden then that would be ok. I think it would be great if they approached the movie that way. It is the only way that makes sense. Paritcularly, it would be great for them to play with the idea that this outside world is so new to Fraggles. Let them misinterpret alot of what goes on around them.
IT really does all hinge on the quality of writing, though. Know your Fraggles and your Fraggle mythology before you presume to pen this movie!