2013 Muppets Wall Calendar

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The 2013 Muppets Wall Calendar can be found here.

My thoughts...it's much better than this year's, but they must have some better, newer photos by now. Also, the best part of a physical calendar instead of some phone ap is the largeness of the actual calendar portion so that things can be written and checked off. I'll probably pass on this for that reason. There's no way I can squeeze all my daily info onto this and I already have the photos. This was they year I thought they'd get it right. At least they've got one! Yaaaaay!

dwmckim

Reaction score
The only thing worse than yet another piece of Muppet merchandise chockful of Ugly Poser Photos is one that has them in extra large size and is meant for you to see every day for a year.

At least they didn't include the Swedish-Chef-kissing-his-fingers pic agai....uh, never mind.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well...at least they made a calendar...but really why couldn't they do a calendar with screen shots from the movie or something?? And a plain white background? That's so boring...ehh they could've put more effort into this.

Hey jvcarroll I think you should make a Muppet calendar! I know it would look way more awesome then this! :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
People who know me by now, you might as well not read what I'm about to say, cause you probably already know...

Can we get some new photos please? The group photo, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe, even Sam and Rowlf, those I don't mind too much. We've seen that Bunsen and Beaker picture so much that I could draw it in my sleep, and that's the same with Statler and Waldorf. And can we get rid of the picture of the Swedish Chef that makes it look like he's smoking? Animal's is common, they took that picture of him with the blue background, but took out the blue background. And then for Scooter, is he a full bodied Muppet that we're showing a lot more of him than the others? That picture is old to start out with, but at least do a closeup and make it look good. I don't quite get why they didn't use photos from the new movie or anything, but there are some good pictures, so I probably still will buy this, but really...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only thing worse than yet another piece of Muppet merchandise chockful of Ugly Poser Photos is one that has them in extra large size and is meant for you to see every day for a year.

At least they didn't include the Swedish-Chef-kissing-his-fingers pic agai....uh, never mind.
I give them credit for giving Scooter his own month. And that's it.

Really... why is there some unwritten rule that Muppet calendars have to suck? Answer me that? There is NO effort on this part... white backgrounds? They can't even try to make the same 10-20 year old stock photos look remotely interesting?

I don't care how the current Gonzo poser looks with that bee-sting nose... at LEAST those are new photos.

Seriously... being on staff for making a Muppet Calendar has to be the easiest job on the planet.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Muppet calendars used to be among the finest merchandise.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Uch...! I cannot BELIEVE that after all the amazing parody trailers, they could not find the budget to put out an amazing new Miss Piggy Parody Calender. When I saw the thread here, I was saying over and over "Please be new pictures, please be new pictures..."

Uch...those pictures are just the worst. I've always hated that Jacket on Piggy (its not chic at all!), I despise that Gonzo/Glasses picture (has he ever been defined as "cool"?) and that Scooter one is so old that it may as well be a gif. Surely the whole purpose of Muppets is humour. So how they couldn't make a genuinely FUN calender is quite beyond me...especially as Jamie could design one in his sleep.