A Muppety Day in NYC

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Anyone who visits NYC, just stear clear of the random people dressed up as Elmo. They are generally not affiliated with Sesame Workshop and could occasionally be dangerous. NYC is still a city and you have to have street smarts:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/8472/man-in-elmo-costume-shouts-profane-rant-in-central-park.aspx
Yeah, I heard about this one. Some people think it is funny, but nobody should walk around in a costume of a person that little kids idolize, and go on a rant using profanity. It is just wrong on so many levels.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I saw a Big Bird up there one time let me tell you it was just quite disturbing! There's some sick people in this world you never know what their gonna do especially to little kids.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I was just walking through the Times Square area yesterday on my lunchbreak, and they had Elmo and a 4th of July Mickey and Minnie Mouse walking around. They're just out to make money for the most part. They carry little sacks with them and charge $10 a picture but like Heralde said, try to steer clear of them anyway. Some of them are a little looney. Most of the promotional stuff in Times Square is a rip off.

About a year ago too there was a shooting involving these guys who go around and sell CDs and ask tourists who don't know any better their name and pretend they're autographing it for you. One guy who didn't, the guy selling the CD turned a gun on him.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I was just walking through the Times Square area yesterday on my lunchbreak, and they had Elmo and a 4th of July Mickey and Minnie Mouse walking around. They're just out to make money for the most part. They carry little sacks with them and charge $10 a picture but like Heralde said, try to steer clear of them anyway. Some of them are a little looney. Most of the promotional stuff in Times Square is a rip off.

About a year ago too there was a shooting involving these guys who go around and sell CDs and ask tourists who don't know any better their name and pretend they're autographing it for you. One guy who didn't, the guy selling the CD turned a gun on him.
How horrible! Ugh! :eek:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Welcome to NYC! Ehh like most cities just use common sense, keep aware of what's and WHO is around you and you should be fine. I wouldnt go walking down any dark alleys or anything though. Lol!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I assume you are back? How was New york? I'm still in Texas...very hot

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Haha I was just saying I should wait until Muppet Fan is back to talk to him and then you posted. Great timing! Lol!