The Muppet Show Comic Book: the Four Seasons V1 out now

Drtooth

Reaction score
With absolutely NO fanfare or even so much as a preview, the first issue of Marvel's publication of the lost arc is in comic book stores now. And it was a surprise to me to, not budgeting for it, and having to postpone the thing I was going to buy this week until next week.

Now, it has a completely different new cover by the same artist that does the other ones (not Roger's), and I did a quick flip through and it has something that really disappointed me... ADS. I really hope nothing was edited or taken out to accommodate them.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Man, I'm gonna have to get that. I remember learning about this so long ago... I really liked Boom's format. Too bad it has ads. :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, I'm gonna have to get that. I remember learning about this so long ago... I really liked Boom's format. Too bad it has ads. :sympathy:

A second thumb through (I'm going to read it later) accentuated the aesthetic problems with the ads. First off, we don't have the luxury of putting the credits into the inside front cover, so we have the first page being the credits, the second being the third page, another advertisement, the splash panel... and so forth. so it takes an additional 3 pages to get the *&^% story to start.

I really hope they didn't edit anything off of the original.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be horrible! Man, Disney sure can be stupid sometimes! :grr:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be horrible! Man, Disney sure can be stupid sometimes! :grr:
It's the fault of going from indie comic publisher to mainstream. Disney doesn't have anything to do with it other than not letting them get a temporary extension of the license in the first place.

Still, the magazines only had ads at the end, not interfering with the original comics.

Also, my other complaint (thumb through wise) is the coloring. They do a good job on layering Animal's colorings... but for some reason Janice looks pale, and I don't like the red uniforms the Pigs in Space crew has. I mean, there were occasional screw ups with the original coloring studio (Sam had an orange beak in one panel of On the Road, there were a couple others)...

But I'm still pretty happy they're releasing this after the well over a year long wait.

However, between this and DC's Masters of the Universe, these are the first mainstream comics I picked up in some time. I've been only buying Archie, IDW, and Boom lately.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
Awwwwsweeeet. Hope there's a copy left at my local comic shop after payday... Is the story as good as Roger's stuff? I thought he really captured the Muppety essence with his stories. Hope that trend continues.

------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
----------
Awwwwsweeeet. Hope there's a copy left at my local comic shop after payday... Is the story as good as Roger's stuff? I thought he really captured the Muppety essence with his stories. Hope that trend continues.

------------

it IS Roger's stuff. This is the last story of the Muppet Show Comic Book, and the license expired before Boom could publish it.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I wonder if Marvel will make new comics. I don't know if they would be the same though. :smirk: