The Muppet Show Comic Book: the Four Seasons V1 out now

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
yeah me too can you get them in shops?
Okay so I figured it our. Go to www.comicshoplocator.com to find the local comic shops near you. I would call the comic stores because I had to call a couple because the stores told me they are selling out. Prabably since the price tag is only $2.99 and more people are familiar with the muppets now. My local B&N does not have them and my sister's local bookstore sold out of them already!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Man, I am disappointed by the coloring, too. Red uniforms for Pigs in Space?! And I noticed the lighter shade on Janice as you mentioned, Tooth. :sympathy:

catherine

Reaction score
not sure about the pop vinyl figures on forbidden planet.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Art and story were what I would expect but he coloring..especially on the pigs in Space section was aweful

Drtooth

Reaction score
Art and story were what I would expect but he coloring..especially on the pigs in Space section was aweful
Yeah. They clearly went with another coloring agency than they used for Boom (guessing only the original line work was finished). I kinda liked how Animal looked, and when they got it right, they did an okay job... but it takes like 2 minutes of research to get the Pigs in Space costumes their proper color. And the inconsistency on the Colonel character. How come he was a different color completely in his sketch than the rest of the issue?

But other than that, the ads, and the fact they started with the second story in the arc I'm just glad they released these. I just hope there wasn't some running gag or some big pay off that doesn't get hurt by these being released out of order.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah. They clearly went with another coloring agency than they used for Boom (guessing only the original line work was finished). I kinda liked how Animal looked, and when they got it right, they did an okay job... but it takes like 2 minutes of research to get the Pigs in Space costumes their proper color. And the inconsistency on the Colonel character. How come he was a different color completely in his sketch than the rest of the issue?

But other than that, the ads, and the fact they started with the second story in the arc I'm just glad they released these. I just hope there wasn't some running gag or some big pay off that doesn't get hurt by these being released out of order.
Oh yeah, that would be bad! :embarrassed:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Overall, i didn't think it was a strong entry as compared with much of Roger's other stuff - i considered it an "average" issue (bearing in mind that an "average" Muppet Show comic is quite good indeed since the bar is set high) but what i really loved and appreciated was that it was an Animal-centric story where Animal didn't come across OOC (which isn't easy to pull off) I ****'d at both the Animal introduces his new friend to the drums page and the last page.

Also loved Fozzie's unwanted attention by Gorgon Heap & Luncheon Counter Monster on the intro splash page. (Though more bad coloring on LCM)

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Got my copy today. I love it. I love all marvel muppets comics! $2.99 is a great price!

j3h

Reaction score
Solicit for issue 4 due early oct:

Muppets #4 (of 4)
Written by ROGER LANGRIDGE
ART by ROGER LANGRIDGE
COLOR BY KAWAII CREATIVE STUDIO
Cover by ELISABETTA MELARANCI (A) & GIANLUCA BARONE (C)
The four-part Muppet Show story “The Four Seasons” - for the first time in print
• It’s time for the holidays at the Muppet Theatre, and everyone is getting into the spirit of the season!
• The Swedish Chef causes chaos in the kitchen when he tries to make his special Christmas dessert!
• Kermit and Piggy exchange holiday gifts!
• Gonzo introduces his new performing protégé!
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

Slackbot

Reaction score
It's an enjoyable comic. I love the idea of Animal briefly having a love interest, and the fate of that relationship was perfect. I also like Langridge's habit of having the characters break into song, which kinda makes me wish he was interested in writing for Fraggles.

The one thing I'm really not digging is the Disney covers. I can forgive the off-modelness, as Langridge's art certainly takes liberties with the characters. (Except for Camilla on the cover. Since when does she have Sam the Eagle hands?!) However, I'm getting tired of seeing the most marketable characters all making happy faces at the camera, particularly Animal. They're all "Yay!" pictures. The Boom! comics had some great covers, nifty images that caught the eye and got you interested in the story inside. The Disney covers just show you Muppets staring ecstatically into the camera lens. Blah.