Video: The Fraggles at Carnegie Hall!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also about comic movie. Spandex and latex overdose. Yikes! Though...the recent ones are better...but i digress.
Good points!
Comic strip... not comic book. Comic Book movies are, for the most part, a gamble that pays off most of the time, and they continue to be popular. I am looking forward to this year's crop, especially the third in the Batman reboot series.

No, I'm talking about comic strips. Something no one really reads anymore. I still can't believe anyone thought Marmaduke was a sound investment of a movie. No one under the age of 40 even cares about the character. Even then, it's a crummy comic strip that's just about a big dog that eats pies off a window sill. How come that's more movie worthy than Fraggles?

bandit

Reaction score
Ohhh! My mistake! I follow now and, yes, that is ludicrous! Though I haven't noticed many of those anymore. There was a time there when that was the kick. I seem to say this alot but...you're right. Another good point.

beaker

Reaction score
I hate to -LIKE- something like this because it's terrible news but....good information. That is a pretty crappy double-edged sword. I'm always surprised by the fact that the Fraggle Rock crew seemed less popular, though the fans are certainly rabid. I guess maybe their appeal catered to more of a niche audience as where The Muppets were SO chalked with pop culture that it helps drive their staying power.
Only rich kids, Canadians and British kids got to see Fraggle Rock when it aired. So, no way it ever stood a chance of getting as widely known. I loved the CBS Saturday morning Fraggle Rock animated show, but that was short lived. I think a lot of younger people at the time who were exposed to FR saw it from Disney afterschool channel reruns in the 1990's

bandit

Reaction score
You're probably right about that. I was only able to catch it when I was a kid because my sister's friend had HBO and I apparently demanded that my sister have her tape it for me. o.o But I only caught parts of it that way. It wasn't until it aired on TNT that I was able to see all I missed. And actually, even now as I watch through my DVD's...now that I'm WAY old and can afford it....I am still catching an episode here or there I hadn't seen the first or second time around.
I have to say, though, I didn't care for the cartoon. I have always been an audio kid and the fact that the voice actors were different was NOT okay with me then OR now.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Only rich kids, Canadians and British kids got to see Fraggle Rock when it aired. So, no way it ever stood a chance of getting as widely known. I loved the CBS Saturday morning Fraggle Rock animated show, but that was short lived. I think a lot of younger people at the time who were exposed to FR saw it from Disney afterschool channel reruns in the 1990's
My family wasn't rich, we were actually poor, but still managed to have cable and HBO during Fraggle Rock's run in the 80s.

Yeah, I liked the animated series of Fraggle Rock. Hate it was so short-lived. Although, I didn't like that their voices were different.

Heck I like anything Fraggle Rock, so I'm really enjoying all the fanfics and pictures that are still coming out, keeping the Fraggle dream alive and well.