Positive And Negative: The Muppet Movie (Opinions on TMM)

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
CONS: I think they picked up the Muppets too fast. I sorta thought they were picking up people... For... No reason...

Like... Why?

Fozzie, I understand.

Gonzo just got in the car and was offered hollywood.

Piggy pushed her way in.

Dah!

PROS: EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
Especially Rowlf! After the Professor Krassman scene, Kermit didn't even ask Rowlf to come along, but maybe that was when the film broke!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
CONS: Mel Brook`s cameo. What a waste of five minutes
- Too many songs, too often. unlike, The Muppets, the songs were unneccesary in this movie, Never Before Never Again, especially. The other ones were OK songs, but they were way too many.

Misskermie

Reaction score
- Too many songs, too often. unlike, The Muppets, the songs were unneccesary in this movie, Never Before Never Again, especially. The other ones were OK songs, but they were way too many.
OMGONZO, why does no one like that song?

Powerstars

Reaction score
The song itself is beautiful, but it wastes time in the movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Agree to disagree; I like that the scene adds a bit of an edge. :smile:

If a movie biggest's problem is that it has Rainbow Connection, Movin Right Along, Can You Picture That and I'm Going to Back There Someday, I'd say that's pretty darn good!

I'm sticking with what I said, I don't think The Muppet Movie has any legit flaws, lol.

Never Before and Never Again is also very important. They had to establish the instant connection Piggy and Kermit have when they see each other.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've often thought it was a bit odd that Kermit and/or Fozzie would keep inviting people to come with them so soon after meeting them. It's as if the movie teaches kids that it's okay to pick up/accept rides from strangers. Fozzie makes sense, Scooter and the Electric Mayhem sort of makes sense, Rowlf kinda makes sense (even though we don't actually see Kermit invite Rowlf, but I guess by that point it wasn't neccessary). But I find it a little hard to believe Kermit would invite Sweetums just because he helped them get a better deal (and as a kid I didn't notice the part of him changing the price sticker). At least with Miss Piggy it seems they weren't going to invite her, but she mistakenly thought she was invited to go with them instead of for ice cream, and when Kermit realized the mistake he had trouble explaining, only for Gonzo's flying with balloons causing them to have to leave, her coming along. And I've often thought Kermit didn't realize Bunsen and Beaker were with them when he told everyone to come to Hollywood, like he'd accidently invited them (and with their lab destroyed I guess it made sense for them to come along).

And it seems they all left for Hollywood on a whim, after being invited. Fozzie just invited Gonzo and Camilla shortly after they were in the car... Did they even go back to their homes to get their stuff (or did Gonzo have all his possessions in his car?)? Was Gonzo on his way to a plumbing job? Sweetums was just going to get his stuff (apparrently he lived at work) and go (but considering what he did I guess Mad Man Mooney would have fired him... I wonder what it was like when he went back to work for Mooney in the recent movie), being an actress/model Miss Piggy might have been traveling already. But then maybe they all just intended to leave for Hollywood then and then if they made it planned on returning to their homes to get their stuff.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Agree to disagree; I like that the scene adds a bit of an edge. :smile:

If a movie biggest's problem is that it has Rainbow Connection, Movin Right Along, Can You Picture That and I'm Going to Back There Someday, I'd say that's pretty darn good!

I'm sticking with what I said, I don't think The Muppet Movie has any legit flaws, lol.

Never Before and Never Again is also very important. They had to establish the instant connection Piggy and Kermit have when they see each other.
Sorry....I should have said it differently.
No doubt that Never Before Never Again is important, I feel they should have done it better. Piggy's onstage, and she starts singing about her and Kermit, then after the scene we see her offstage with Kermit. What happened inbetween? Did no one realize she just broke into song?
The songs aren't bad. Not complaining about the songs (except Never Before Never Again, ) they were great, but I feel, there were no reason for them, I'm Going to Go Back There Someday isn't a sad song, (I mean it is, but the scene isn't), it's just an excuse to get another song on the soundtrack. I like the song, but very unneccesary.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No doubt that Never Before Never Again is important, I feel they should have done it better. Piggy's onstage, and she starts singing about her and Kermit, then after the scene we see her offstage with Kermit. What happened inbetween? Did no one realize she just broke into song?
Well it's a show, not tell moment. We get that Piggy's gone totally gaga over this frog and was inspired to run over to him, lol. Musicals often have transition like that that aren't logical, but work dramatically.

I'm Going to Go Back There Someday isn't a sad song, (I mean it is, but the scene isn't), it's just an excuse to get another song on the soundtrack. I like the song, but very unneccesary.
Well the scene is pretty sad. They all feel like their dreams have just been tarnished because there's no way they'll get to the audition in time. And the song is Gonzo's way of staying positive. "I've never been there but I know the way." They haven't found the place where they belong, but at the same time they know where it is and they will get there somehow.