Muppets on Late Night, Blooper Reels and Wrap Tapes

mupcollector1

Reaction score
If your ever in the London eye don't take Pepe with you.

"OH MY GODNESS I THINK YOUR VAIN CAME OUT!" HA HA HA My Favorite Line. I liked Pepe's burp, that was a real one. I can tell. lol That was very good.
Was that an online exclusive video? Just Curious.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It was done last month. They were in London promoting the Blu-ray/DVD release there. I think that was probably filmed the first day they were there.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You should head to Target if you have one near by I know this is going off subject but they just got a lot of Muppet school supplies from what I understand by one of the members on here. Now granted I know not all the Targest have the same stuff still it'd be something worth checking out if there's one near you.

I know I'm going tomorrow to check out what they have. Lol!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
You should head to Target if you have one near by I know this is going off subject but they just got a lot of Muppet school supplies from what I understand by one of the members on here. Now granted I know not all the Targest have the same stuff still it'd be something worth checking out if there's one near you.

I know I'm going tomorrow to check out what they have. Lol!
Cool. I think I briefly seen the title of the thread on the forum. Even though I'm super picky in terms of Muppet Merchandises. I won't mind getting a few Muppet pens if they have some. I constaintly buy pens and office supplies and paper all the time because I draw a lot. But yeah, I would be interested to see what kind of Muppet supplies, perhaps a little pen and pencle case, that would be cool to have in my backpack when I'm out and about with my laptop and artsy books galore. lol :smile:
I'd be curious that they have. I heard there's a dollar bin or something? I might look and see what's there and maybe buy something next month since I'm completely broke this month updating my Toon Boom Studio software. lol

I think my favorite sales through out the year is back to school (even though I graudated college awhile back. I can spend a good hour looking around Staples wishing to own a bunch of supplies there) and my other (and this is my favorite holiday) Halloween. Especially Spirit stores, so much beautiful grim art there, latex arms and masks, wigs and cool special effects make up. I still have a ninja star one unopened thumbtacked to my wall near one of my desks. lol

Anyway back to Muppet apperances, have you seen Rowlf on Arsanio Hall? I think Muppet Wiki uploaded it. lol Rowlf swears for the first time. lol I was laughing like crazy and playing it to my best friend, I loved it. You don't really see The Muppets do that anymore, like do something super risky like that or Kermit's personal life stuff. But Jim used to do it all the time when on Late Night, Frank too when he was performing Miss Piggy, especially on Jay Leno. lol I love when The Muppets go on late night and try to shock the audience and say something they never normally say not only because it's irreverently funny, but it just makes you forget they are puppets more and more when they talk about their lives. The Muppeteers are amazing, they make their characters act so real you forget they're fictional. And that's the magic of The Muppets. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The one with Rowlf is still up on YouTube. And yes I know Jim used to get risky with Kermit depending on what shows they were on. But lets face it The Muppets were never meant to be aimed at children. They were for adults and children. Which is something I think Jim Henson struggled with and why he tried to get Kermit away from Sesame Street a bit when they did The Muppet Show to prove that he wasn't aiming to be someone who aimed his work at kids.

Kermit actually cleared that up in a press conference last year back in Nov when he was in Mexico I think promoting the film. And he said "We don't try to aim what we do at children that's not what their goal is we try to appeal to adults and children."

mupcollector1

Reaction score
True, family entertainment is a rare gem indeed. Perhaps my outlook on family entertainment could seem kind of old fashioned compared to this Politically Correct world. All I know is my own opinion and that is, classic slapstick. The Muppet Show, Three Stooges, Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers, Kenan & Kel, All That, etc Great family shows. I think last time I seen my best friend we were talking about how you don't need swearing and sexual humor all the time to be funny. It's good if it's done classy, but not over done. Because you can still do great character comedy and even a bit of satire if it's done classy and witty. Like Dinosaurs and Classic Simpsons. Great examples, sure they were more edgier but that's what get's the adults attention. One great thing I love about The Muppets is there's something for everyone, most people of all ages can relate to slapstick. Basic human tragitiy like a stomp on the foot, a pie in the face, water spilling on you, crazy confusing situations, etc. And of course my first love of comedy, silliness. You can be as surreal, wild, crazy, and as out of control as you want and who are you going to offend? No one, they are just going to be confused. And sometimes, that's a plus laughter right there. lol
You don't see pure characters much anymore, maybe some CGI movies perhaps but I think The Muppets have been pure.

It's sad how TV shows need to reply on toilet humor to get a cheap laugh. Especially stuff like Ice Age and all that CGI stuff. What ever happened to stock character archtypes where you can make them dysfunctional, or have some sort of problem that's comical but prove they are innocent.

I too miss that a bit. One of these days, I'd love to write a G or PG rated movie script to kind bring back that sort of thing.

Even Vaudeville was such great family entertainment in the day. There was no movies, to radio shows, only books, papers, and theater.

For example I still like going to local musicals with my mother like Grease, West Side Story, Your a Good Man Charle Brown. Because even though I love to pester my mother for the fun of it of something that I find funny and she finds innopropirate from time to time, sometimes sitting down watching something that's pure and classy and family entertainment with my own mother is just as fun :smile:

We need more of that kind of stuff. :smile:

Like what Jim said on how TV Networks need to take some responsibility on what they are putting out there.

Totally agree. But I don't want to put risky adult comedy down because I like that sort of thing too but when it's done with class. A great example is this thread. When Jim and Frank perform The Muppets on Late Night, sure they say things that they would never normally say. But no matter how risky, The Muppets always did it with class. Even if sex was the subject matter, they can do it without getting horribly dirty about it. Know what I mean :smile:

Even my favorite comedians
Rodney Dangerfeild
Bob Hope
Johnny Carson

Great Funny stuff, it's sad that Hollywood can't get talent like that anymore. How to take something risky and still put a smile and a healthy laugh on someones face and give them a positive thought when leaving the theater or after watching a show. Now it's just shock value. It's horrible. Even Satire knows a fine line and knows that they need philosophy to back up their point.

Anyway, sorry about my ramblings. But like I said, it's my specialty. lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Right, it's confusing to sort it out anywho. lol But yeah, basically too many serious people and not enough people with a good sense of humor.

Hopefully The Muppets will return to TV and hopefully change all that. If the new movie made the Muppet movie box office record, perhaps when they return to TV they would get as many audiences as they did back in the 70s. I totally hope. This world needs that good ol' Muppet comedy and music and characters more than ever.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
By the way that link I sent you is pretty good. It's one of my favorite interviews from when Kermit and Piggy were promoting the movie.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Just watched it, thanks again for sharing these videos. I haven't seen these yet.
Yeah, this one was really funny. I just love it when they are unscripted. lol
I never would have thought all these years, Piggy's hair were just wigs. YIKES! lol Surprised Flet Scribbler didn't write that one in his latest gossip paper. lol
Jeranomo The Frog. lol
My favorite moments. 04:34 & 08:44 (nice edgy stuff lol)
and Jeranomo The Frog. lol
Plus nice Sesame refferense right there.
Reminds me of Miss Piggy's quote to Big Bird on The Muppet Show
"Oh you mean that cute children's TV show with puppets?" lol

You know, I was looking around for this clip from 1990 of Kermit and Miss Piggy promoting The Muppets Go To Walt Disney World but I couldn't find it on the net. RATS!

It was really funny. Kermit the whole time is trying to promote the special and Piggy was interupting saying "Kermit, this relationship isn't working out" and Kermit was trying to stay calm "Piggy, this is not the right time, we're here to promote..." "It's always not the right time" "Piggy not right now" It was really funny and this was around the time when Jim was going to sell Jim Henson Productions to Disney and the interviewer brought up the question and all Kermit said was "Well" then Miss Piggy is screaming "Kermit I had enough, I'm leaving you, I HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID SHOW!" She karate chops Kermit, the Interviewer and knocks over a table then you can still hear her screaming and smashing stuff. lol It was great. Then Kermit mentioned the situation on Arsanio Hall saying that things aren't working out.

Breifly I just would like to note. Kermit and Piggy's relationship. Well it was odvious from Kermit's end that Miss Piggy was just living in the false fantasy when she would say how they are in main with baby Figs. lol But now it's kind of like they are because Kermit isn't as defensive about it as much. So it's hard to tell. lol

I remember hearing that around the time of Muppets Take Manhattan that Jim and Frank wanted to spread the rumors of them being married and stuff just to mess around with the media and have lots of fun with it. lol