Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I found them at a convention and they were like shockingly affordable (provided you didn't want a backdrop). They actually had some Ren and Stimpy and like 1 or 2 Rocko ones, but they cost more than I had.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It should come as no surprise whatsoever that it was too much trouble for Warner Bros. to release any new CN Hall of Fame DVDs... instead, what do they do? They re-release their already-existing Hall of Fame titles in one set... like we really care. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I want the other seasons of Courage, and the Eds, and I certainly want to see some Cow and Chicken releases!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It should come as no surprise whatsoever that it was too much trouble for Warner Bros. to release any new CN Hall of Fame DVDs... instead, what do they do? They re-release their already-existing Hall of Fame titles in one set... like we really care. :rolleyes:

No surprises at all. WB absolutely SUCKS when it comes to releasing DVD's, unless they manage to do it right. It took 3 DVD releases of Adventure Time to finally get a complete season set. That's their current most popular show. What does that tell you? PPG only got completely released on DVD, after one fell swoop (after the first set, of course). Not to mention the fact they didn't even finish the EEE season sets off. And the movies of EEE, Dexter, KND, and Johnny Bravo were never even released on DVD period (Dexter as a VHS, nothing else).

But then again, I'm still waiting for Tiny Toons Season 2 (a very brief season, mind you) and Animaniacs volume 4. Those are never going to happen at this point.

I give them credit as of late. At least with Green Lantern, they went straight to the 13 episodes on 2 disk release with that one. Ditto the new release of Scooby's all Star Laff-a-lympics.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since Nickelodeon is putting the episodes on DVD out of order out of pure laziness or whatever, here is an episode list for RML in the correct order they should be in:

Season One.
1. "Carnival Knowledge; Sand in Your Naval"
2. "Sucker for the Suck-O-Matic; Canned"
3. "Rocko's Happy Sack; Flu-In-U-En-Za"
4. "Who's for Dinner?; Love Spanked"
5. "Clean Lovin'; Unbalanced Load"
6. "Leap Frogs; Bedfellows"
7. "No Pain, No Gain; Who Gives a Buck?"
8. "Jet Scream; Dirty Dog"
9. "Keeping Up with the Bigheads; Skid Marks"
10. "The Good, the Bad, and the Wallaby; Trash-O-Madness"
11. "Power Trip; To Heck and Back"
12. "Spitballs; Popcorn Pandemonium"
13. "Cabin Fever; Rinse and Spit"

Season Two
14. "I Have No Son"
15. "Pipe Dreams; Tickled Pinky"
16. "The Lounge Singer; She's the Toad"
17. "Down the Hatch; Road Rash"
18. "Boob Tubed; Commuted Sentence"
19. "Rocko's Modern Christmas: Can't Squeeze Cheer from a Cheese Log"
20. "Hut-Sut-Raw; Kiss Me, I'm Foreign"
21. "Cruisin'"
22. "Born to Spawn; Uniform Behavior"
23. "Hair Licked; Gutterballs"
24. "Junk Junkies; Day of the Flecko"
25. "Snowballs; Frog's Best Friend"
26. "Short Story; Eyes Capades"

Season Three
27. "Sugar Frosted Frights; Ed is Dead: A Thriller"
28. "The Emperor's New Joe; Schnitheads"
29. "Bye, Bye Bird; Belch of Destiny"
30. "Nothing to Sneeze At; Old Fogey Froggy"
31. "Maniac Mechanic; Rocko's Happy Vermin"
32. "Camera Shy; Fish-N-Chumps"
33. "I See London, I See France; Fatlands"
34. "Fortune Cookie; Dear John"
35. "Speaking Terms; Tooth and Nail"
36. "An Elk for Heffer; Scrubbin' Down Under"
37. "Wacky Delly"
38. "The Big Question; The Big Answer"
39. "Zanzibar; Fatal Contraption"

Season Four
40. "With Friends Like These; Sailing the Seven Zzzz's"
41. "The High-Five of Doom; Fly Burger"
42. "Ed Good, Rocko Bad; Teed Off"
43. "Wimp on the Barbie; Yarnbenders"
44. "Closet Clown; Seat to Stardom"
45. "Mama's Boy; Feisty Geist"
46. "S.W.A.K.; Magic Meatball"
47. "Put to Pasture; Future Schlock"
48. "Dumbells; Rug Birds"
49. "Hypno-Puppy Love; Driving Mrs. Wolfe"
50. "Bedfellows (in place of "Heff in a Handbasket"); Wallaby on Wheels"
51. "Turkey Time; Floundering Fathers"
52. "Pranksters; From Here to Maternity"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hoo-hah:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos-Modern-Life-Season-4/17721

At this time, however, I am really kicking myself in the nuts for not getting Season Three when it came out. I had it... it was in my hands... I looked at it... but at that time, I had other purchases to make that were of slight more importance (or so I thought), so I figured since the stores have been doing well to release Rocko on time, I'd wait and get Season Three another time; finally, when another time got here, guess what happened? Not a single Rocko amongst a horde of SpongeBob and Dora. All of the sudden, Rocko Season Three wasn't sold in stores, according to the guys working at the registers. I KNEW I should have gotten it then.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Got Season Three of Rocko for Christmas (yayz), and I really enjoyed the bonus featurette with Joe Murray talking about some of the people who were involved with the making of the show (and I'm glad I finally know how to pronounce Carlos Alazraqui's name), as well as insight as to what inspired a number of episodes like "Bye, Bye Birdie", "Belch of Destiny" (not one of my favorite, actually), "Camera Shy", "Fish n Chumps", and of course "Wacky Delly"... but, maybe I'm missing some thing, because I thought there was supposed to be a full-episode commentary for "The Big Question; The Big Answer", but apparently there wasn't... there wasn't even any mention of that episode in Joe's featurette, but, oh well, the featurette alone was pretty neat.

But now, I'm really miffed that, once again, they were holding out a feature or two exclusively for the complete series set, and I HATE it when studios do that... I remember years and years ago when Fox released all of the individual seasons of M*A*S*H with no special features, THEN, they re-released ALL ELEVEN SEASONS in a complete series set WITH special features, people complained BIG TIME, and at least they recalled the complete series set (for a time, any way), and re-released the special features in a new set along with the series finale as the main feature. Supposedly, one of the features included on the complete series set of Rocko is a live-action version of Wacky Delly acted out by Joe and his crew.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I might just hold out and get that complete series. I HATE that complete series have special things that aren't available on the single sets, but I hate it when the complete series doesn't have the same things the individual sets have. Like the Fraggle Rock note pads. I haven't got the rest of that series because I didn't know if I wanted to bother double dipping with season 1 to save a lot of money or to just get the other 3 sets separately for the notebooks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly wish Nick would give Shout the license to release Fairly Oddparents in season sets. And, as they own them now, the 2k3 TMNT series. Not like they're making any money off of it.