Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

bandit

Reaction score
Its hilarious but only because it is such a weak counter. Besides, if they are going to stand proudly behind their decision, then don't putz out and come out with lame excuses. Just be frank and say what you mean. "The Jim Henson Company and this company do not see eye to eye. We have parted ways."
Unless....of course....The Jim Henson Company boobytrapped their toys to ensnare good Christian children and brainwash them with immoral puppetry. The horror!

Haha, All joking aside, this just makes it look like a bad divorce. Live and let live. Everyone just needs to accept that we ALL have different beliefs and learn to be okay with that. It's going to be a long hard life if we can't all just coexist in peace.

Hubert

Reaction score
I mean, I wouldn't have minded even a "Chick-Fil-A will no longer be giving out Jim Henson creature puppets due to a disagreement with the Jim Henson Company" or something like that.

Wouldn't it be funny if later found out that there really was a serious safety conern with them?

bandit

Reaction score
I mean, I wouldn't have minded even a "Chick-Fil-A will no longer be giving out Jim Henson creature puppets due to a disagreement with the Jim Henson Company" or something like that.

Wouldn't it be funny if later found out that there really was a serious safety conern with them?
That's basically exactly what I just said! *lol* I agree. Say what you mean. It's not so hard and it lends integrity to your particular stance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Its hilarious but only because it is such a weak counter. Besides, if they are going to stand proudly behind their decision, then don't putz out and come out with lame excuses.
I'm sure they didn't see it as putzing out. More like "you hurt us, now we're hurting you."

Haha, All joking aside, this just makes it look like a bad divorce. Live and let live. Everyone just needs to accept that we ALL have different beliefs and learn to be okay with that. It's going to be a long hard life if we can't all just coexist in peace.
Well the problem is there are beliefs that shouldn't be tolerated because they cause harm. We can't always live and let live.

bandit

Reaction score
I'm sure they didn't see it as putzing out. More like "you hurt us, now we're hurting you."
Which doesn't strike me as very Christian or mature.

But obviously, yes, there are certain things that aren't going to fall into that 'Live and let live' category. I was referring more specifically to us here and to people who weigh in on this issue. Then again, you could make the argument that it's very hard to get along with someone who would advocate the denial of basic human rights.
Anyway, I wasn't implying that we should turn a blind eye to things beliefs that might be hurtful to people. But I think there is a little elbow room here for accepting that our more devout Christian MC members or friends or even relatives in this case will not share our enthusiasm for the Jim Henson Company's latest move.

I don't know about anyone else but, I think most people on here are well spoken, thoughtful individuals who have expressed their opinions (whatever they may be) eloquently and respectfully. It's a shame that can't just carry over into the RL more often in things like these.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Which doesn't strike me as very Christian or mature.
No but it is very Capitalistic, hehe. They don't want to lose customers.

But I think there is a little elbow room here for accepting that our more devout Christian MC members or friends or even relatives in this case will not share our enthusiasm for the Jim Henson Company's latest move.

I don't know about anyone else but, I think most people on here are well spoken, thoughtful individuals who have expressed their opinions (whatever they may be) eloquently and respectfully. It's a shame that can't just carry over into the RL more often in things like these.
Agreed on both points. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know my family doesn't. Well I know mostly my older relatives are very much against gay marriage. Most people in my family are pretty strict Christians. The younger ones I don't think care either way.