The Muppet Christmas Carol coming to Blu-ray November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3h

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone will buy The Muppets' Wizard of Oz on Blu-ray.
If it means showing support for Muppet releases and shows Disney demand for more releases and even has the remote possibility of motivating them to release the Muppet show seasons 4 & 5 and Muppets Tonight on ANY format (even if only iTunes), then YES, ABSOLUTELY.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm telling you MTI is next. Sadly that is one I will never buy no matter how many bonus features are on it. :stick_out_tongue:
I hate to go negative on this, but...

Yeah. Why do you think they did MCC over the other 4 movies? It's not so much that it's a Muppet film, but it's a Christmas film first and foremost. They just want to get the Christmas movies out there so they can sell them during that period between Thanksgiving and 2 weeks before Christmas when Christmas special movies sell.

Now, I really think Disney has the vision to release the rest of the films. They do incredibly well on home video. But I can't stop thinking about a few years back when they released the soundtrack to MCC and never any other Muppet movie soundtrack ever for the same reason. I really hope this isn't the case, and the rest of the Disney owned Muppet Movies get that re-release for Blu-ray collectors. The movie was a success, albeit a mild one, and even when the film was still out, people were grabbing up the old movies that were out for years. If they're smart, they'll put all the movies on Blu before the next film comes out.

As for the show... I really can't hold up any more hope for that. Unless that thing about having to renegotiate music rights sort of owned by Michael Jackson's estate is true (apparently, his estate is run by JERKS and they're kinda pinning the family against each other... there's REALLY going to be progress with that estate), they would have, could have, and SHOULD have released the fourth season by now. They clearly don't, but Disney's allergic to putting TV shows on DVD that don't involve them being cut up into 90 minute movies on a single disk. Not even with popular shows.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't really care I'm just saying if MTI does have a blu ray release I still ain't buying it. I'm not one of these people who buys stuff just cause its Muppets. If its crap I certainly aint wasting my money on it. Thats no offense to anyone who loves the film. But you wont see it in my movie collection. I'm all for the other 3 films getting a blu ray combo released. That's why I haven't bought the blu-ray version of MTM cause I'm pretty sure Disney is gonna do a pack for that as well in the near future. As for TMS I still hold faith that the remaining 2 seasons will eventually be released. It might not be this year or next but I choose to be optimistic about it. Call me naive but that's my opinion. And I did hear about the Michael Jackson estate issue.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
By the way don't know what you meant by "I hate to go negative."

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I don't really care I'm just saying if MTI does have a blu ray release I still ain't buying it. I'm not one of these people who buys stuff just cause its Muppets. If its crap I certainly aint wasting my money on it. Thats no offense to anyone who loves the film. But you wont see it in my movie collection.
While I will not begrudge you your opinion, I will give you a word to the wise. If you are trying not to offend people who like a particular film, it would probably be a good idea to express your dislike with a friendlier term than 'Crap'.

MTI is the movie that is always flip-flopping with GMC for the title of my favorite Muppet film and, personally, I'd love it if they give it a Blu-ray release (and love it even more if they re-release the soundtrack).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
While I will not begrudge you your opinion, I will give you a word to the wise. If you are trying not to offend people who like a particular film, it would probably be a good idea to express your dislike with a friendlier term than 'Crap'.

MTI is the movie that is always flip-flopping with GMC for the title of my favorite Muppet film and, personally, I'd love it if they give it a Blu-ray release (and love it even more if they re-release the soundtrack).
Sorry but that's how I see the movie TO ME. Those are MY personal feelings about the film. I just said if you love the film that's great. I don't think anything less of people cause they liked it. I hope it does come out in a nice blu-ray combo. And Im sure it will. I simply stated that I wouldn't buy it for ME personally. I have actually tried to like the film several times but just couldn't.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Sorry but that's how I see the movie TO ME. Those are MY personal feelings about the film. I just said if you love the film that's great. I don't think anything less of people cause they liked it. I hope it does come out in a nice blu-ray combo. And Im sure it will. I simply stated that I wouldn't buy it for ME personally. I have actually tried to like the film several times but just couldn't.
I did say I don't begrudge YOU YOUR opinion. And I don't think any less anyone if they don't like it. I was just trying to impart a lesson that I learned the hard way. Namely, being so bluntly negative about anything is an open invatation for someone to come in and bite your head off.

...Aaaand I just realized how jerky the last part of my other post sounded. Sorry. :embarrassed:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I did say I don't begrudge YOU YOUR opinion. And I don't think any less anyone if they don't like it. I was just trying to impart a lesson that I learned the hard way. Namely, being so bluntly negative about anything is an open invatation for someone to come in and bite your head off.

...Aaaand I just realized how jerky the last part of my other post sounded. Sorry. :embarrassed:
If you don't like what I wrote you have the right to ignore. And I said in the first place no offense if you like the movie because it was my personal take. I'm not biting your head off cause you love the film. If YOU were offended I said the movie was crap I will extend my apologies to you but I don't regret what I said.

And with that I am moving on from this because it's already derailing the thread.

Hubert

Reaction score
Gees...now we're not even allowed to dislike a movie on this forum... :stick_out_tongue:

And just in case you thought that my post about MTI was me criticizing your opinion, it wasn't. It was just my personal opinion on it....the "Wha? Don't you be messin with my MTI" was just an over exaggeration joke type thing...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Gees...now we're not even allowed to dislike a movie on this forum... :stick_out_tongue:

And just in case you thought that my post about MTI was me criticizing your opinion, it wasn't. It was just my personal opinion on it....the "Wha? Don't you be messin with my MTI" was just an over exaggeration joke type thing...
Lol! I know you were kidding. Like I said I have really tried hard to change my opinion about the film. Because at first I thought well maybe I just need to give it a second chance. But after the fourth viewing I came to the conclusion my opinion wasn't gonna change. Like I said I really hope the fans of this film do get a blu-ray combo packed released and I definitely see it happening. In fact if there were a petition for it I'd sign it. Just because even if I don't like the film it's getting The Muppets out there more.

Status
Not open for further replies.