Has Frank Oz's opinion on the new movie changed?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Forget whether Frank oz's opinion has changed... I'd like to know what Jerry Nelson's opinion is! :smile:

And also Kevin Clash's. And Brian Henson's.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Umm..why does Kevin Clash's opinion on this film matter?? As far as Brian Henson goes I read somewhere that he very much enjoyed the film. I know he was enthusiastic about the film to begin with even so much as letting Disney film on their studio lots.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Umm..why does Kevin Clash's opinion on this film matter?? As far as Brian Henson goes I read somewhere that he very much enjoyed the film. I know he was enthusiastic about the film to begin with even so much as letting Disney film on their studio lots.
All those names I was really just half-kidding (I also considered stating that I desired Caroll Spinney's opinion). I only listed them because they had been so involved with the Muppets even though they hadn't worked with the Muppets in years (even though Jerry Nelson did lend his voice to one scene).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I know they wanted Elmo to make a cameo in the film but he was too expensive. Lol.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured I would post it here. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Frank Oz's work ,but I kind of lost some respect for him after reading a few interviews with him. He doesn't want to be known for his work with the Muppets. I get that, but then he went on to say how he won't use his Muppet voices when asked. I mean, that is a big thing, working with the Muppets! Again, I do love Oz, he is a great guy. I don't want to get in any arguments with anyone.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well as for the muppet voices I think that's due to age he's stated before he can't really do voices like he used to particularly Piggy because she's too high pitched. He's said in old video footage done in the 1970's-1980's at the time when performing her it was hard singing high notes.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured I would post it here. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Frank Oz's work ,but I kind of lost some respect for him after reading a few interviews with him. He doesn't want to be known for his work with the Muppets. I get that, but then he went on to say how he won't use his Muppet voices when asked. I mean, that is a big thing, working with the Muppets! Again, I do love Oz, he is a great guy. I don't want to get in any arguments with anyone.
I don't know in that interview he said Disney hasn't asked him yet. Which after saying such things about the film I don't think they will now. LOL!