The Muppet Show Comic Book: the Four Seasons V1 out now

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... That's not so much a mistake as you might think there Drtooth. There was a blonde-wigged Wanda puppet who appeared in the Steve Martin episode of TMS arm in arm with :news:, so maybe this was a double reference to two backgrounders. Although I heard she broke it off with the reporter soon after, he's gone on to find happiness with a redheaded non-felted gypsy woman. *Whistles innocently.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Excellent...will have to scrape up a few bucks and head to the comic shop! Thanks for keeping us updated, Drtooth! :news:

---------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
SPOILERS THROUGHOUT.

I got this comic yesterday, and...well, it kind of puzzled me. On first glance I wondered if they'd spliced two seasons together. But, no, the story remained consistent. It would have made a little more sense to me if the Muppets had reacted a little to the sudden climate change. When something bizarre happens, usually they run around and panic a little, or someone at least has a fit, before regrouping and coping with the situation.

Also, I got no sense that they were actually doing a show on the beach. Was there an audience besides Statler and Waldorf? Were the auditions and stuff going on right in front of the audience? Were the Pigs in Space and Veterinarian's Hospital skits filmed at the theater (or drawn for another comic) and then spliced in?

I did get a grin out of the alternate Muppets, particularly "Vegetable" and the British Bulldog. I wonder if Langridge was thinking of the Moopets when he did those guys, or if he had even heard of them at that time. And I liked Fozzie's plot. Very in character for the bear. And I suspect his bit with Scooter was a callback to Simon Smith.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got this comic yesterday, and...well, it kind of puzzled me. On first glance I wondered if they'd spliced two seasons together. But, no, the story remained consistent. It would have made a little more sense to me if the Muppets had reacted a little to the sudden climate change. When something bizarre happens, usually they run around and panic a little, or someone at least has a fit, before regrouping and coping with the situation.
Actually, I liked that. It gave a sense of "Yeah, we should have known something stupid was going to happen all along, let's roll with it." But I suspect that it was more of the old writer's trick of not pointing out the obvious, presuming the panic happened during Fozzie's scene. I kinda think an "Oh No!" reaction would've been redundant. After all, when DOES a Muppet Show production go right?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just curious if Issue 3, Autumn has been released yet and what people who've gotten it can tell the rest of us about the story and/or new characters if any.
Thanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's probably coming out Tomorrow, as these things tend to come out the first Wednesday of the month. I certainly hope it didn't come out last week (the 29th) as I didn't manage to get to the comic store as I have taken ill.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Drtooth. Yeah, these get released either on the end or start of the month, so long as it's a new issue being released monthly. Will wait then to hear about the third part of Four Seasons. :jim:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, it's the FOURTH part of the Four Seasons, because they're one issue out of order. There's still an issue left to go, Winter, and it was supposed to be part one of the arc. I don't know if Roger put anything in there as a Grand Finale, but if he did, it's probably spoiled.

I picked it up and only sort of thumbed through it. The plot has something to do with Pops.