Remembering Jim Henson

Vincent L

Reaction score
Now how on earth do you know I enjoy solitude?! But FYI, I don't shut doors in people's faces.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Now how on earth do you know I enjoy solitude?! But FYI, I don't shut doors in people's faces.
In the next chapter, Vincent finds out that shutting the door in Dom's face was a bad idea. He did it by accident and didn't mean to, 'cause he was too tired to stay much. I will make sure that gets fized. Thank you for your comments.

Did you like the Robin scene with Mags? BTW: I imagine my Maggie would have short brown hair, little nice eyelashes since she is a female forg, and she has a sweet side, but instead of being mad at Mit, she gets worried about her brother. Wondering if he ever comes back.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Frogs have eyelashes? Ok…
Anyway, I do like the dialogue, and will continue reading until the last chapter.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Frogs have eyelashes? Ok…
Anyway, I do like the dialogue, and will continue reading until the last chapter.
Vincent, I take that back! I don't think frogs have eyelashes, but Maggie is supposed to have brown eyes. Oops! I thought that was confusing.

So, to sum up, Maggie (my OC) has short brown hair, brown eyes, and has a sweet side to Robin, her brother.
Kermit? She can be hard on her brother, but she forgets sometimes that he needs either a micracle or something that get him back on his fliipers (feet) from sitting on the "Lonely Log."

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Chapter 15 – Paying Respects to their Leader

May 21st, 1990 (before 12:00p.m.)

“Well, Robin, remember the other day when you wrote a note to your friend, Jerry. He’s no frog, but I hoped he wants great songs that Jim loved.” Maggie said, while sitting with Robin on a log.

“Jerry will definitely like my letter I wrote to him,” Robin said, with a little grin.

“I did hear form Ed, my other brother that a pig is going to be at Henson’s memorial. So, who knows what will happen. I’m glad you got some sleep, Rob. Plus you’re no longer at Mit’s lonely log either. When, Jim used to come at this swamp when you were younger and I was a young female frog. I called Kermit’s friend, “Jimmy.”

Robin laughed when she said, “Jimmy”, but he needed a good laugh once in a while. Maggie was silly back then and she thought calling the man “Jim,” or “James” was too formal.

“Even Mit was used to the craziness at a theatre. Jimmy would always come up with crazy ideas for my brother. Before your uncle left, I told him to be careful and come back home safe when he had the time. Then, I kind of saw him getting on a bicycle and he…left. But my Mit will come back. We’re his family, but I didn’t know he had a family out there too.”
“What was the last time Uncle Kermit was upset?” Robin asked.

Maggie then felt a sting like a bite from a mosquito, but these insects never bite a frog, except other animals and humans.

“When Joe Raposo was gone…Mit was sad and I told him to take it easy. I wasn’t too pushy on my brother at that time. But when I heard that Jim would be next…I knew you had to do something and write a note by telling Jerry to sing your two favorite songs for Mr. Henson. You know what, Rob?”

“What?” Robin said.

“I miss Jimmy too!” Maggie said, with a tear in her eye. “I missed his smile, the times when he was talking to Mit, and the day when he and your friends came to our home and we were told to go to Florida. That was the last time we had fun…and my brother enjoyed it too. Then, Mit…well he had to leave us, because…Jim wants a small talk with him. Then, we knew that Mr. Henson…wouldn’t make it. Oh, Robin, what are we going to do?”

“Like my Uncle Kermit said, Mags. All we can do is wait. Wait for hope! Wait for a sign.”

“I hope you’re right, Rob. Sooner or later, my brother is coming back and he promised.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
“Charles?” Colette said to her new best friend.

“Yeah!” Charles said dryly.

“I had that dream again. It was Robin and I believe he is worried about his “Uncle Kermit.”

“Oh sweetie bee, what about Robin?”

“Charles seriously, take Kermit back to the SWAMP PLEASE.”

He backed away once she was about to scream from his ears.

“Charles I didn’t mean to scream at you, but please take Kermit back to the swamp.”

“Okay, babe! What about Missy, you know the pig.”

“Piggy? I’ll take her to the funeral.”

“Oh and make sure she wears something beautiful.”

“Why?”

“I heard that you don’t have to wear black.”

“Miss Piggy will be glad to hear that, and Charles her name is Piggy, not “Missy Piggy.” You’re thinking of Peggy Lee huh?”

“Sort of, and you go downstairs, babe. I will be right down…once I get dressed.”

“Oh, Charles! What am I ever going to do without you around?”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Back at Fraggle Rock, Uncle Matt was snoring while sleeping on Wembley’s bed.

“Hello, sir?” the voice called out. “HELLO!”

“AHHHHH!” Uncle Matt screamed, but he fell out of the bunk and crashed into the ground. He then shook his head and dusted himself off.

“Are you Gobo’s Uncle Traveling Matt,” the light brown fraggle asked.

“Yes, I am the one and the only Traveling Matt,” Uncle Matt said.

“Well, then, Matt, I heard that your Fraggles friends are at Outer Space. By the way, my name’s Sunny.” the light brown Fraggle said with a small grin.

“Yes my fellow Fraggles went to Outer Space…and my nephew Gobo.” Uncle Matt, now having a feeling that he is lonely.

“Well Matt, I would love to meet Gobo. So, here’s the news so far, Lou is taking care of Lanford, you know that weird plant, and we fraggles are now about to wait for our friends, Red, Mokey, Wembley, Gobo, and Boober.”

“Well, uh…Sunny, have you heard any news of Gobo coming back yet?” Uncle Matt asked dryly.

“No, Matt…I’m sorry I woke you up…and startled you, but what was the last time you seen Gobo?” Sunny said, worried.

“What are you talking about Sunny?” Uncle Matt asked.

“Gobo, you know…your nephew, the fraggle with the purple hair, nice yellow sweater with red stripes, and a brown vest. Oh, please tell me what happened to him.”

“All right, Sunny, I will tell about my nephew Gobo. Well, the other day, I was walking around the Great Hall until I heard that my nephew Gobo was leaving.”

*Flashback* - The day Fraggles leave for Outer Space for a reason right after receiving the news that they must come to Jim’s memorial whatever that means

Gobo told his friends that he is going to see the trash heap for advice if it is the right time to go to “Outer Space.” First, he had to go through the Gorg’s Garden. Then, something different was happening to Junior. He wasn’t doing his chores. He was crying.

“Why don’t Mommy and Daddy know Jim? Whyyyyy?”

Gobo didn’t know Junior was this upset that their leader was gone.

“Hey little Fwaggle, what’cha doing here,” Junior said, drying his tears with his shirt.

“I am here to see the trash heap, but we’ll play later.”

“All wight, bye Fraggle.” Junior said cheerfully. However, he wasn’t glad that he could not play with a Fraggle for a while. He missed Henson too. He sometimes did help him with the gardening and stuff while he was around.

Gobo finally got through the Gorg’s Garden and relieved that he hasn’t been “thumped” like forever. He got to the Trash heap while Philo & Gunge were fighting like crazy.

“Boys, will you stop fighting? We got a visitor!”

Philo and Gunge heard from Majory and she was right. This wasn’t the right day to fight. Not at all!

He had second thoughts, what if he doesn’t want to go, what if there were silly creatures that act like Gorgs but…Nah! He didn’t think that would be true. Boober was just being silly or maybe Red was getting in his nerves again. What was he going to do?

“Hello, Madam trash heap,” Gobo started. “I know it has been a long time. I am going to Outer Space with my friends and uh…it will be dangerous. So, the reason is we’re supposed to be at a silly creature’s memorial who was like a father figure to us.”

“You’re going to Outer Space?” Majory asked.

“Well, yes, but we could make friends with silly creatures that is they know we’re magical.”

“Well, then, my advice is “go” and enjoy it with your friends.”

“The trash heap has spoken,” Philo and Gunge said out loud.

He was relieved and now it was time to tell his friends that this is the right day to go to Outer Space, because they had to pay respect and a tribute to Jim no matter what. However, when he came back there was chaos, but Red and Wembley were having a normal conversation since they didn’t like fighting with friends or being in the middle of them. Red knew she couldn’t take this chaos anymore thanks to Wembley.

“QUIETTTTTT!” Red shouted.

The chaos stopped including the fighting.

“Are you all crazy?” Red said. “We can’t fight like this. I’m afraid it could break our friendship apart and..

At that moment, she saw Gobo coming back from the Gorg’s Garden. Then, she was hoping the news better be good.

“Red’s right,” Gobo started. Red was surprised that Gobo was not ignoring or driving her nuts. “We can’t fight like we don’t like each other. Henson wanted all us to be friends with a Gorg, a Doozer, and with a silly creature. I…spoke to the Trash heap and she said, “Go!” Before we go, remember that, “We cannot leave the magic.”

His friends couldn’t believe this. Did the silly creature that was like their father to everyone believed in friendship. They understood that he went to their home for visits. Like Uncle Matt comes to his home for visits. They both traveled, but why he did leave so soon? As soon as his friends and Wembley was packing up his things, Gobo knew that going to Outer Space means leaving his home and his Uncle.

“Remember the time…when I discovered Water Wheel Cavern and the Cavern of the Deceased…the place where Fraggles are buried…I guess that’s where Cantus is. I didn’t know our silly creature was like a father to us. When Henson was gone…a part of us died then. Why did this happen, Uncle Matt?”

Uncle Matt shook his head knowing that his day would come, the time where the silly creatures really want to see them. Maybe make them happy again. He didn’t understand why his nephew Gobo has to go to Outer Space now. This may mean paying respects, and then singing a song to their silly creature up there. So he was responsible for putting the Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs into harmony. They didn’t know that, but they knew there was going to one day that there will be no more conflict or even a war.

They were both silent while Gobo was packing his belongings. Uncle Matt was glad his friends told him all about how they got along with the Doozers and the Gorgs. It was not easy, but it took a long time to finally be in peace and no longer get caught be Gorgs.

“I don’t why he left earlier,” Uncle Matt said sighing. “He was a traveler like me, nephew Gobo.”

“Yeah,” Gobo said quietly. “He was probably an explorer too, but I didn’t know that…he wanted harmony for all of us.”

“Well, I guess that means you’re leaving with the Fraggles?” Uncle Matt asked dryly.

“Yeah,” Gobo said quietly. “That one time, when I never got along with you, we never liked to yell at each other.”

“And I didn’t like you yelling at me, my dear nephew.” Uncle Matt said.

“I guess we were being silly, but you were scared at the “face eraser.”

“I didn’t know the silly creature does crazy things. What was his name again?”

“Doc,” Gobo answered. “I have visited him a couple times, but I miss him. I wondered what happened to him? What if we understood each other?”

“Well, are you ready for “Outer Space”?

“Yes, Uncle Matt! I’m ready!”

“Well then, remember this song, before you go to Outer Space.”

Every day the world begins again
Sunny skies or rain
Come and follow me

Every sunrise shows me more and more
So much to explore
Come and follow me (Uncle Matt sang)

Every morning, every day
Every evening, calling me away (Gobo & Uncle Matt sang in harmony)

Wembley heard that song before and he sang it with his friends while they were camping to a cozy cavern he discovered. He couldn’t help, but break into song.

While the sun goes 'round
I'll still be found
Following the sound
Something's calling me

When the world goes drifting back to bed
Memories in my head
Wonders follow me (Wembley sang)

Every morning, every day
Every evening, calling me away
Every morning, every day
Every evening, calling me away (Gobo, Wembley, & Uncle Matt sang in harmony)

“Well, Uncle Matt, I promise to come back home right after our friend’s memorial, okay?”

“Good luck, nephew and be safe.”

*Back to the present*

“Wow Matt!” Sunny said surprised. “What a story! I didn’t know you cared about Gobo. We care about everyone. I can’t believe he made a promise to you.”

“Sunny,” Uncle Matt started. “Are you new at Fraggle Rock?”

“No, sir! I have been around here for a while. Oh I forgot, Tosh is doing the laundry for Boober.”

“Ah yes! The fraggle that washes my socks.” Uncle Matt said with a small grin.

“You’re silly, Matt!” Sunny said with a smile. “Well, I better get going! I need to help the others for a welcome back party.”

“Well, good luck Fraggle!”

“Thank you Matt and you’ll do just fine. Gobo will come back soon.”
Meanwhile, Colette served Kermit breakfast, which he didn’t mind. Piggy then screamed from the phone she was holding and very excited. “Thank vous Colleen, Bye!”
She then ran to Kermit but she realized that she had to clam down.

“Kermie,” Piggy said excited. “Moi goes to your friend’s funeral.”

“That’s great, Piggy, except I have a bad feeling Robin’s worried about me.”

“Robbie?” Miss Piggy asked wearily.

“Yeah,” Kermit said, sadly. “I have to go to the swamp.”

“Oh!” Miss Piggy said, feeling kind of sad that Kermie will not come.

“I’ll take you back, Kermit,” Charles said, as he was walking down to the kitchen. “Maybe I know where your nephew is.”

“Charlie, you can’t take my Kermie,” Piggy said, feeling so upset.

“I know, Piggy, but I am just going to take him back home.” Charles said with a small smile.

“Charles, what about the funeral for Jim Henson, huh?” Colette said with a serious tone.

“I can’t do both, Colette. Either I take Kermit back to the swamp or I stay here one more day and leave this beautiful place,” Charles said dryly.

“Charles, not everyone knows us, those crooks almost took Sprocket and my shoes. And that dog is going too, okay? Doc will probably be there no matter what,” Colette yelled.

“All right, I will take him back to the swamp.” Charles said, now feeling guilty that he can’t come to that funeral.

There was a knock on the door. It was Colleen and Alison bringing back Piggy something new to wear. There were bags full of clothes.

“I am so glad I invited her,” Colleen said a big smile. “She is so gorgeous!”

“Hello,” Miss Piggy said sweetly to Alison.

“Hi, Piggy!” Alison said cheerfully. “My name is Alison, but everyone calls me Figgie.”

“Moi is glad to see you Alison.” Miss Piggy said with a chuckle.

“Did you hear of Jim Henson’s passing,” Kermit asked to Colleen.

“I did Kermit,” Colleen said sadly. “When I heard he was gone, I ran upstairs and cried myself to sleep. I know you are not the only one who lost him. We all feel very sorry for your friend’s loss.”

“Thank you Colleen,” Kermit said with a small grin.

“You’re welcome, Kermit.” Colleen said nicely. “Alison, we better get going and go to Jim’s memorial.”

“I’m coming,” Alison called back to Colleen. She was too busy looking through the dresses that should be right for Piggy. “I have seen all of your movies and the show, my gosh, you were absolutely wonderful.”

“You love Moi being on the Muppet Show?” Miss Piggy asked sweetly.
“Yes, I really did! You were wonderful out there. That reminds me! I do have a crush on a boy. His name was Kevin Nickson. Very nice young man and he were sort of like Kermit.”

“You mean…you really loved Kevin like I loved my Kermie?”

Kermit heard this girly conversation and scrunched his face. He said, “Good grief!”

“Yeah! However, we went to a coffee shop one time and he said we were going out as friends. I told him it was our first date. He was not happy, but he didn’t mind hanging out with me. Then, when we went out, I told him we would have a second date, and then he flat out said, “This is not a date!” I couldn’t believe it! That made me love him more until well…one day he had another girlfriend and boy was I mad.”

“Why would Kevin have another girlfriend?” Piggy asked quietly, so Kermit wouldn’t have to hear.

“I had to talk to Kevin, but before I said that I always loved him, he broke with me…and left.”

“Moi wouldn’t leave Kermie.” Miss Piggy said sadly.

“I know, but your frog’s got a point. He really wants to go back home. I have to go now. I don’t want to keep Colleen waiting any longer. Bye, Piggy!”

Once Colleen and Alison were gone, Piggy said goodbye to her “Kermie” before he left with Charles and then she heard the engine of a car before it took off.

“Aren’t you glad we heard we don’t wear black?’ Colette said cheerfully.

“Yes, Colette! Moi loves to wear anything, except black dresses.”

“I hope you washed up, Piggy, because I cleaned myself everywhere too.”

“Moi can’t wear white, but how about a blue dress.”

Colette was shocked at this moment when she saw that beautiful blue dress. “Miss Piggy, I would love that.”

“I better change then if that’s alright with vous?”

“I don’t mind at all, Piggy.” Colette was now feeling that that pig is very happy for not wearing black this time for sure.

While she was upstairs, Colette looked at Sprocket already awake and the dog came to Colette to sit with her.

“Sprocket, you miss him too, don’t you boy?”

“Row! Rowww!”

“I know you want to see Doc, but he told me to take care of you for a while. You even saved my life from those bad guys.”

“Rowf! Rowwww!”

“I understand boy, but what if you weren’t here. I would be kidnapped or else killed.”

“Rowf!”

“Serves you right! Those crooks should keep their hands to themselves. What a bunch of vultures!”

“Rowf! Rowf”

“All right! I will take you to your friend’s funeral, okay boy?”

“Roo-hoo!”

“Yes, I know Sprocket! You do want to go there so bad.”

There was silence for a few moments, and then she saw Piggy coming downstairs after taking a long time to get dressed. She was wearing a blue dress, with her beautiful hair still up like a hairdo. Her lavender gloves also made her beautiful. The problem was: she hated the heels. Besides, she can only wears those shoes for one day.

“Piggy, have you met Sprocket?” Colette asked with a small grin,

“That big thing,” Piggy said sort of feeling mad. “Yes, but I bet he misses Jim too.”

“Rowf! Row! Rowf!”

“What did he say?” Miss Piggy asked, confused of dog language.

“He wants to go to the funeral too. He misses Kermit’s best friend.”

“I bet vous miss Jimmy,” Miss Piggy sadly.

“I know,” Colette said. “We have to go Miss Piggy! Come on Sprocket old boy, you’re going too.”

“Rowf! Rowf!”
Trish couldn’t believe this! She was the one cleaning Oscar, even though he was a grouch that is rotten around everyone. He hated getting clean. He wanted to be messy and all slimy and stuff. Finally, she took Oscar back to Carol Spinney, the man that thanked her for getting him washed. Trish was pleased with Carol, and then she went back to her room, quickly to the bathroom to take a good long shower. She didn’t realize that the clocked read, “9:30A.M.”

“Colleen should have done this,” Trish thought, while feeling like gritting her teeth. “If she was the one to clean up that grouch, I wouldn’t be in this mess.”

After a long shower, the clock read, “10:10A.M.”

Colleen let out a frustrated groan. Before, she was almost dressed; she heard a knock on the door.

“Who wants to see me now?” Trish thought, with a feeling of red in her cheeks.

As she opened the door, it was Dominic, and he wanted his friend, Vincent, to apologize to him about the other night he did was so inappropriate.

“Dom,” Trish said quietly. “What’s going on?”

“We got the fraggles washed and dressed up. They are with their respective owners now.”

“And who exactly are they?” Trish asked.

“They are Jerry Nelson, Karen Prell, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, and Kathy Mullen.”

“Which fraggle did you wash?” Trish asked wearily.

“Boober and Wembley Fraggle.” Dominic said in a serious tone.

“Wow! I can’t believe it!” Trish said, excited. She felt so relieved that she wasn’t involved with those intelligent creatures.

“I know, but you got a sock on your nose?” Dominic said laughing.

Trish got embarrassed with her cheeks so red that she noticed that there was a sock on her nose.

“Dom, will you please stop laughing?” Trish asked seriously.

“Sorry,” Dominic said, after clearing his throat. “Did you have a good day too?”

“No, I had a terrible morning to start with. Colleen left me to wash Oscar. He did smell a little bit better. Then, I came back here to wash myself off. Ugh!” Trish said, angrily.

“We all have bad days once in a while,” Dominic said with a small smile.

“Where are Beth and Amy?”

“They’re downstairs reading Fraggle Rock books.”

“And Vincent?”

“I think he is behind my back.” Dominic said, wearily.

“Okay,” Trish said, letting Dominic and Vincent into her room. “So, all of us are staying for tonight, then tomorrow we are packing up, right?”

“I’m afraid so, “ Vincent said yawning. “Dom, I am so sorry that I shut the door in your face. I didn’t know what I was thinking and I don’t understand why Mr. Henson was gone this soon.”

“Nobody does, Vin,” Dominic said quietly. “Well, is everyone going to the funeral?”

“I guess so,” Trish said. “I am afraid we better go.”

“Yeah,” Dominic said sadly. “It is the time to pay respect to Jim Henson even if we are Muppet fans or starting out to be.”
Back at the lobby, Beth was reading a Fraggle Rock book, called, The Last Days of Fraggle Rock. At the middle of the book, she started crying.

“Beth,” Amy said worried. “Why are you crying? What’s wrong?”

“The Fraggles are about to leave…Fraggle Rock…why did they have to go to our “Outer Space.”

“They lost their leader okay?” Amy said trying to calm her down. “How did they receive the news?”

“From postcards and letters, okay? And I was one of them who sent a letter to them as fast as I could.”

“Why, Beth?” Amy asked quietly.

“Because I want them to get know them and maybe meet Red. I’m sorry, Amy! I feel so foolish!”

“Beth, don’t say that,” Amy said with a serious tone. “Okay, I have been snappy and upset about everything including you and I was wrong, okay? I never met him! There is nothing that is okay anymore. Do you want to go now?”

“No,” Beth said sadly. “I’m scared and too upset to go.”

Amy had a feeling her sister Beth had the right to be upset.

“But I have no choice,” Beth said sighing. “I really do have to go.”

Then, they both saw Fozzie sitting on a chair, probably waiting for his friend Frank. He missed his Froggy friend, Kermit. But he couldn’t believe Jim was gone. He looked at the note that Rowlf wrote. It said,

Fozzie,
For my gentle-matured pal of mine, which is Jim. I would like you to do my favorite A.A. Mine song, “Cottleston Pie” for me. He said it was his favorite and I kind of joked about it. Good times!

Rowlf

Then, something clicked to his mind. He remembered that Kermit read his Winnie the Pooh books to his nephew Robin not too long ago. So, he started singing to himself without anybody hearing it.

Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie
A fly can’t bird, but a bird can’t fly
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston, pie

“Fozzie,” Frank said as he noticed his Muppet friend on the chair, he decided to sit with him. “Jim would be pleased, ‘cause that was also Rowlf’s favorite song as well.”

“Frank, w-what took you so long?” Fozzie asked with a sad look.

“I was thinking about him too. You were a close friend to Kermit and I was closer to Jim. I will sing that song for you, if that’s okay with you.”

“You mean it?” Fozzie asked with surprise.

“Yes! You ready to go to Jim’s memorial?” Frank said with a small grin,

“I guess so!” Fozzie said, feeling that he wasn’t sure if he was ready at this moment.

“Come on, Fozzie, we got a taxi to catch so we can get there on time.”

As soon as they left, Beth and Amy could not take with the quietness at the lobby anymore. They left the place as well to get a taxi to take them to the church they are supposed to go to.
Piggy looked at the young purple Muppet whatnot. She was no human, but she was just as beautiful as the pig was. They both didn’t say anything much until Piggy couldn’t take the silence anymore.

“You heard Kermie’s going back to the swamp?” Piggy asked, with a sad look.

“I did,” Colette said quietly, feeling so guilty for letting her new best friend, Charles to take him there. “I don’t know who to trust, but I do trust the Muppets, my friends, and my family.”

“You even trust Moi?” Piggy asked.

“Yeah,” Colette said, to admit it. “I really trust all of you guys. I don’t know why I drove all the way here to New York. I hope Sprocket’s okay in the backseat.”

As they finally got to the church parking lot, she pulled the key off of the ignition of her car, brushed her hair, and then they both got out of the car. Colette then opened the back door to let Sprocket out. As they almost got inside the church, unfortunately she was going to get more upset. A man who was securing the church said that there were no dogs allowed at this time. She was devastated! This was not her day!

Colette wanted hope, not restriction. She didn’t want to take Sprocket for another walk. Besides, she did not want to get anyone near her again. Not even the strangers that she never spoke to. Ever! She tried again and told them that this unfamiliar sheepdog is going to be respectful during the memorial service. They finally believed having one dog for this important funeral wouldn’t hurt.

As they entered the church, they were oohed and ahhed of how big the church was inside and out.

Next, the Henson family came in to figure out if reading a letter from their father was the right thing to do and let all of their fans and the Muppets hear during the service. Then the Muppets came in and told the family that they feel very sorry for Jim’s loss. The family appreciated it and told them good luck. The Fraggles although they were the last group to fit into the Henson family, did the same. However, Mokey was the only one who didn’t know him. All she felt worried about was Sunny. She remembered that one day that the little Fraggle had no parents and she adopted him. First of all, the light brown furry creature was not from the cave fraggle kind. Nobody told him about how Fraggle Rock finally had its peace to end conflict or war. She knew this was all her fault for leaving him back at Fraggle Rock. Down there alone and worried about Mokey.

“Mokey, are you okay?” Gobo asked.

Mokey shook her head and softly cried putting her hands to her eyes. Gobo then put his hand on her her shoulder to comfort her. She had a right to be upset. She didn’t understand why that “silly creature” only came there for visits. It was like Gobo’s Uncle Matt that comes to their home for visits too. So, maybe silly creatures invaded their home, but they knew them really well, what problems they were facing, and the solutions they could come up with. What about Mr. Henson? Now there was a reason why she didn’t know him. She probably forgot all about him. That was her trouble while being a philosopher and a dreamer and thinking about what world peace could mean for their home and the universe for the Gorgs.

Although she didn’t know him, there was one thing Gorgs, Doozers, Fraggles, and silly creatures have in common. Music! That was probably the thing they always loved. Her little friend, Sunny loved it too. His favorite song was, “Dance you cares away. Worries for another day! Let the music play Down at Fraggle Rock.”

The first time he ever laughed was when he heard stories of Red that she talks and maybe sings in her sleep. He believed she was very silly. Then, one day, he heard that “Jim Henson” died, not only could he not understand what was going on, he was still a very young Fraggle and didn’t even know their silly creature was even “dead.” Then, that one right, he was all alone. He just couldn’t sleep! He wondered if Mokey was like a mother to him. Then, there was Boober, the Fraggle who doesn’t really like fun and games, but sometimes he does. Sunny at first, didn’t understand him much like he understood Mokey, but he got used to him, when he found out that he had the best nose, but he didn’t mind him being suspicious.

Unfortunately, he missed his parents. His mother got sick from the flu or something. His father was more of an explorer. Sunny forgot that Gobo was not the only explorer around. Then, tragedy happened around him. His mother couldn’t live any longer and died. His father however was missing, until he heard that he was caved-in and his colony did the best they could to get his father out of there. When one of them found him, he was already dead. That was how he got lonely until Mokey found him lying on the side of the Fraggle pond. He realized that friendship is what brings Fraggles together no matter what they ended up with.

Mokey shook those thoughts from her head and now she was ready for this memorial and it would mean for a friend.

Beth, Amy, and Dominic even talked to the Henson family that they were sorry that Jim passed away. The family thanks them for understanding the grief they were going through right now.

The staff people then made specials seats. The front rows would go the Muppets, Fraggles from Fraggle Rock, and the children. The Fraggles didn’t know those small children were about at least a Fraggle’s height, but they were so adorable in their colorful dresses and suits.

Miss Piggy sat with Scooter, the go-pher that was Kermit’s boss, but he didn’t know that Jim was also Kermit’s boos too. Jim didn’t mind the craziness. He was calm and laid-back like Rowlf, but for Kermit there were times when he could not handle the craziness. The last time Jim laughed behind him is when Kermit read one letter and he thought there were supposed to have “15 tall carrot”, not a parrot. Jim loved that joke and if his friend from their guest star. If Kermit misnamed things, it would make the audience laugh their socks off. Now that laughter just went away.

“Uh, Piggy, where’s Kermit?” Scooter asked quietly to Piggy.

“Kermie’s going to the swamp to see his brothers and sisters, Andrew.” Piggy said, with her telephone voice.

Scooter felt embarrassed! Since, when did Piggy ever called him “Andrew” instead of “Scooter.” He did the best he could to make sure what songs will be in the funeral. He remembered that he checked his clipboard one more time before he handed the suggestions back to Richard. He understood that was what the boss wanted. Henson wanted colorful images or objects, clothes with good taste, rod butterflies, and most of all Muppets of all kinds. The funeral was about to begin, but before it did, the kids took their last flowers and put them with the other beautiful flowers. Everyone was anticipating for this funeral that nobody would ever forget.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
All right! I got off topic! Sorry! Before I start on the next Chapter, I could imagine the organ playing right now. I will start off with:

It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to meet the Muppets at Jim's memorial today.

Whew! Now don't worry, I will have the next Chapter up with clips and stuff maybe Tuesday, because I have job shadowing, an appointment to go to, and studying. Yikes! Well, I better start working on that chapter right now.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
That was fantastic.
Thanks, Dom! I added Sunny Fraggle, my OC, wanted some more Uncle Matt, Robin and Mags scene, Allsion (Figgie) a.k.a Muppet fan to see Kermit & Miss Piggy before he excuses himself that he has to go back home to his family, and Vincent (that's you!)(Yep, I got him into character, and he's right. He does not enjoy his solitude and never likes to slam a door in anyone's face.). Whew! I would say that is enough information. Next chapter, funeral things with sad and funny songs.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Chapter 16

May 21st, 1990 (around 12:00p.m.)

Sunny was now alone as he sat by the edge of the Fraggle pond. He now knew that his friends did leave. He looked at the pond, but to his disappointment, it was only his reflection. He missed Mokey and Boober, but he didn’t see Wembley much. He visited the fraggle only every few days. Now he imagined him as a light green fraggle with such funny-looking eyes and yellow hair. He also knew he wore a banana tree t-shirt. The only time he giggled was whenever Wembley was wembling to him. The good thing was that Sunny didn’t laugh so he could embarrass his friend. Feeling so denied and not going with his friends made him much worse. With nothing else he could do, the only thing left that made him feel a little bit better was to sing.

On my own
Pretending she's beside me
All alone
I walk with her till evening
Without her
I feel her arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And he has found me

In the rain the ground shines like diamonds
All the sunlights are misty in the pond
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is she and I forever and forever
And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to her
And although I know that she is not blind
Still I say there's a way for us

I love her
But when the day is over
She is gone
The pond’s just a pond
Without her
The world around me changes
The trees are bare and everywhere
The places are full of strange creatures

I love her
But every day I'm learning
All my life
I've only been pretending
Without me
Her world would go on turning
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known

I love her
I love her
I love her
But only on my own

“I miss Mokey!” Sunny said, sniffling. “She was like a mother to me long ago, but now she is my friend. It’s not fair! I hope my friends come back.”

Floyd and Janice finally got to St. John’s Memorial for Mr. Henson after they got a taxi ride. Like that was all they could really afford.

“Like Wow!” Janice thought. “There are like lots of people here that rully know Jim.”

The church pipe organ started playing the Sesame Street theme song. The Sesame Street characters and the people were the first ones to start crying. They knew that when the idea all started with a frog and Jim. Beth was also crying into Amy’s shoulder. She loved that show! It taught her numbers, manners, the important meals of the day and so on.

“Poor Kermit,” Beth thought. “I know how it feels to lose a loved one even it is a leader of his.”

When the organ music stopped, the Dirty Brass Band played a somber New Orleans style number, which was led by the Henson family, the Muppet performers, and several of its clergy. Trish looked at the program, and the song was “A Closer Walk with Thee.” She softly sang the chorus as long as her friends didn’t hear her.

Just a closer walk with thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to thee:
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Even she was a Christian, no doubt about it that God did have a plan for Jim on Earth to accomplish great things. He was not only funny, but he was clean, quiet, and worked very hard. She can tell he definitely got an illness since he forgot to wear winter clothes. He never cared about how much anything cost. Dignity was the best word to describe what he really wanted in his life.

Finally, the service begins with lots of silence for a moment. Richard Hunt, now a veteran Muppeteer can imagine that probably his Muppets are already at the service. He knows in real life the only friend he brought with him was Scooter Groose. He went to the stage and started reading letters from the children that grew up watching Sesame Street. That “word” Sesame Street clicked into Piggy’s mind. She knew the frog started a show before he did his own show called, “The Muppet Show.” To end his speech, he said, “We would laugh … and cry today, but only if we could breathe in Jim’s air…one last time.”

Jerry Juhl came to the stage next, and talked about how working with Jim and Kermit was a great experience.

Gobo meanwhile was getting confused. There were two Jerrys? How can you tell which one you became friends with first? His voice sounded nice, but still which “silly creature” named Jerry did he really get to know more?

After Juhl was done talking. Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold came to the stage as the pianist started to play. The song was supposed to be called, “When the River Meets the Sea.”

Jerry Nelson: When the mountain touches the valley
All the clouds are taught to fly
As our souls will leave this land most peacefully
Though our minds be filled with questions
In our hearts we'll understand
When the river meets the sea

Like a flower that has blossomed
In this dry and barren sand
We are born and born again most gracefully
Plus the winds of time will take us
With a sure and steady hand

Louise Gold: (When the river meets the sea)

Jerry & Louise: Patience my brothers
And patience my son
In that sweet and final hour
Truth and justice will be done

Louise Gold: Like a baby when it is sleeping
In its mother's loving arms
What a newborn baby dreams is a mystery

But this life will find a purpose
And in time we'll understand

Jerry & Louise: When the river meets the almighty sea

The Muppet fans in the church could probably tell that Jerry’s singing sounded more like Gobo’s, but for Louise her singing was definitely from the character Alice Otter or was it Ma Otter.

Harry Belafonte, whom was a guest star on the “Muppet Show”, did his speech. Some of the people understood it and others didn’t, but when he told them that Jim would say, “Let’s do it,” the phrase perked everyone. So, he was the “boss.” Scooter forgot that Kermit the Frog was not the only boss around the theatre after all.

When Harry Belafonte was singing, “Turn the World Around” with his backup group, everyone took out their butterfly rods and waved them.

Miss Piggy felt so sad that she wasn’t with Kermie that day when Harry was a guest star. It was either Frank was busy or she wasn’t scheduled to be on the set that day. She was angry at that time and Kermit did apologize for not letting her in the theatre when they had the guest star coming. Even Jim! He probably forgot about the pig too. Frank convinced that he couldn’t bring both Fozzie and Piggy in at the same day. It just would not work that way.

She would never karate chop “Frankie”, but sometimes she would yell at him and he could hear her. Goodness knows if anybody wanted to hear her yell at “Frankie.” Otherwise, she hated Floyd after that incident he caused to make her mad and sometimes Fozzie, but not to Jerry, Richard, or even Jim. Never ever to Kermit’s friend!

After the song was over, Frank Oz was next to the stage. He even told about the Saturday Night Live days when Jim did a terrible and silly thing at the same time. When his speech was over, he left the stage with tears rolling down from his cheeks.

“The Rainbow Connection”, Kermit’s signature’s song filled the whole church with Jim’s voice as the frog. The stage was empty! The butterfly rods started to flutter again and everyone including the Muppets, Fraggles, and Sesame Street gang cried. If Jim was dead, a part of the frog died too.

Once the song ended, John Stone, the director and writer came on the stage and made a speech that was heartfelt, short, and sweet to the point. He even said that Jim was a good friend.

Gobo couldn’t believe this. So this “Jim” had so many friends. They all cared about him and he was even called a “fearless leader.” He felt like he was a fearless Fraggle himself.

After John Stone left the stage, then the soft sounds coming from a piano were the first notes from the song, “(It’s Not Easy) Bein’ Green.” When Big Bird sang that song and kind of struggled from that meaningful song, everyone cried. Once the song was done, he looked up from the sky and said, “Thank you, Kermit!” Then, he left the stage.

Next there were more speakers including: Bernie Brillstein, which was Jim, Kermit, and Miss Piggy’s manager or agent and Michael Frith, the head designer for the Fraggles that made them a great home as much as possible. Next Jerry Nelson came to the stage and thanks to his hip man named Floyd, wanted to read a poem for his old friend Jim.

Fearless Leader
Doctor Dog
Toothsome piano man
Playing your joyous song of
Is, was, and will be
Remembering always the fun silly
“Poke, poke poke, Bert, hee, hee, hee”

Fearless Leader
Mister hands open wide
Sharing insights of joy and love
Here! Will you sip? Will you feast?
There is plenty for all

Fearless leader
Whim of steel
You’ve convinced me, Convincing John
Cantus, I hear your magic flute
Whispering and echoing through the caves of my imagination

Fearless leader
Green flippered gentleness
Fill my dreams with your visions
Of unexplored possibilities
Shine on, shine on
Eternally bright in your hearts
And minds
Fearless Leader

Then, Jerry Nelson left the stage before the priests came to the podium by reading the scriptures from different religions requested from the Henson family.

One the sculptures were read, the Henson family came to the podium. There was their mother, Jane, and the children Brian, Cheryl, John, Lisa, and Heather. Cheryl and Brian read the letters that their father, Jim, wrote four years back before his unfortunate death. The words they read were:

“I’m not at all afraid of the thought of death and look forward to it. I suggest you first have a friendly little service of some kind; it would lovely if there was a song or two…and someone said some nice, happy words about me. … This may all sound silly to you guys, but what the hey, I’m gone – and who can argue with me?”

If those were his wishes to his Muppet and Fraggle friends including Kermit, then that was what he wanted. His legacy will never ever be forgotten in years or by decades in the future.

Finally, Richard came to the podium to introduce their special music also known as, “Jim’s Favorite Songs.”

One the songs were done, Hunt gave out the eulogy to everyone even for those that never heard of Jim much, but loved the Muppets.

Now, Gobo had a feeling of that message that said, "Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It's a good life, enjoy it.” What did that mean? Then, he was thinking about Cantus. If all Fraggles have songs, then "everybody" including silly creatures have songs too.”