The Anti-Rant Thread

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, BRAVE, BRAVE, BRAVE, BRAVE...

BRAAAAAVE!

(You'll never guess what I saw today!)
Actually, I got to see Brave (for free! Long story short. I was in a children's show (Everyone except the lead was pretty much a small part. Unfortunately, I was not the lead.....but my part included a duet with the lead.) and it was a two show day. My community theater is also now a movie theater and at that time, they were playing Brave. So, me and my cast mates got to see Brave for free after our matinee.) almost a month ago. I thought the movie was pretty good, but no Pixar movie will EVER be as magnificent as the Toy Story movies.

Hubert

Reaction score
Actually, I got to see Brave (for free! Long story short. I was in a children's show (Everyone except the lead was pretty much a small part. Unfortunately, I was not the lead.....but my part included a duet with the lead.) and it was a two show day. My community theater is also now a movie theater and at that time, they were playing Brave. So, me and my cast mates got to see Brave for free after our matinee.) almost a month ago. I thought the movie was pretty good, but no Pixar movie will EVER be as magnificent as the Toy Story movies.
Y'know, for some reason the Toy Story movies never did too much for me...at least not the first 2. The third is great, but the first 2, not so much for me. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I cannot stand when characters don't believe another character when they are really telling the truth. (i.e. the first movie) For some reason it just gives me this terrible, indescribable feeling in me that I hate and would do about anything to break out of...(dunno why, it's just weird)

But my allegiance will always be to Monsters, Inc. when it comes to favorite Pixar movies. Just wonderful characters, comedy, and plot. Everything is perfect in it.

Of course, I haven't seen Brave yet (waiting until it comes out on DVD to rent it at my local video rental store), so maybe it will top them all.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Y'know, for some reason the Toy Story movies never did too much for me...at least not the first 2. The third is great, but the first 2, not so much for me. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I cannot stand when characters don't believe another character when they are really telling the truth. (i.e. the first movie) For some reason it just gives me this terrible, indescribable feeling in me that I hate and would do about anything to break out of...(dunno why, it's just weird)

But my allegiance will always be to Monsters, Inc. when it comes to favorite Pixar movies. Just wonderful characters, comedy, and plot. Everything is perfect in it.

Of course, I haven't seen Brave yet (waiting until it comes out on DVD to rent it at my local video rental store), so maybe it will top them all.
Come to think of it, I've seen Monsters, Inc. a billion times and I never get tired of that one either. I even saw that one when it was first released in theaters. I actually used to have a Sulley doll that my dad bought for me at the Disney store right after movie. (No idea what happened to it...... Unfortunately, The Disney Store in my nearest mall closed down maybe 4 or 5 years ago. :cry: ). Ohhhh I'm so stuck between Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and the Toy Story movies (especially the 3rd one. That was the best one)

I barely remember A Bugs Life, never saw Ratatoiulle (can't spell it......), The Incredibles was okay, and I never liked Cars. (Emphasis on never)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I still send out Christmas cards in the mail. It has more meaning then any E-greeting cards.

Hubert

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I've seen Monsters, Inc. a billion times and I never get tired of that one either. I even saw that one when it was first released in theaters. I actually used to have a Sulley doll that my dad bought for me at the Disney store right after movie. (No idea what happened to it...... Unfortunately, The Disney Store in my nearest mall closed down maybe 4 or 5 years ago. :cry: ). Ohhhh I'm so stuck between Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and the Toy Story movies (especially the 3rd one. That was the best one)

I barely remember A Bugs Life, never saw Ratatoiulle (can't spell it......), The Incredibles was okay, and I never liked Cars. (Emphasis on never)
I never understood why everyone likes Finding Nemo so much...it never really did anything for me. Neither did The Incredibles. A Bug's Life, I only watched it once or twice, so I don't really even remember it much either, Ratatouille was fairly good, Up was very good, and Wall-E was just plain terrible. Might've been the worst movie I've ever seen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I disagree with everything you've said Hubert, I thoroughly enjoyed Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and WALL[*]E... A Bug's Life was only meh, and so far, I STILL haven't gotten to see Up.

Hubert

Reaction score
I disagree with everything you've said Hubert, I thoroughly enjoyed Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and WALL[*]E... A Bug's Life was only meh, and so far, I STILL haven't gotten to see Up.
Don't get me wrong, Finding Nemo was good...I just don't think it's the super good movie that people make it at all.

Seems there's a pattern here...it took me a few years to see Up because I couldn't get ahold of it. I somehow missed it at the theaters, then could never find it anywhere else, it was like it was avoiding me or something.

I should probably give Wall-E another chance sometime, maybe it is better than I remember it...

And for the record: the quality of Wall-E is the first thing in the history of MC that D'Snowth and Hubert have been known to disagree on.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I never understood why everyone likes Finding Nemo so much...it never really did anything for me. Neither did The Incredibles. A Bug's Life, I only watched it once or twice, so I don't really even remember it much either, Ratatouille was fairly good, Up was very good, and Wall-E was just plain terrible. Might've been the worst movie I've ever seen.
I knew I was forgetting some Pixar movies. Actually I've never seen Up, and I don't remember anything about Wall-E. (Except their references to the Hello, Dolly! movie. And thats about it.)

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Finding Nemo was cute when I was a kid, and it's still a little cute. But that's it.
I've never seen Bug's Life or WALL E...
I actually liked Ratatouille, especially the rat's interaction with the human.
Incredibles wasn't very good, in my opinion.
Toy Story and Toy Story 2 weren't real good... Toy Story 3 completely changed my opinion. It was AWESOME.
Up was great, but I have traumatic memories of being called "the kid from Up" (yes, I had weight problems a few years back)
Monsters Inc., I should say, was the best. I loved it. It never gets old.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Finding Nemo was cute when I was a kid, and it's still a little cute. But that's it.
I've never seen Bug's Life or WALL E...
I actually liked Ratatouille, especially the rat's interaction with the human.
Incredibles wasn't very good, in my opinion.
Toy Story and Toy Story 2 weren't real good... Toy Story 3 completely changed my opinion. It was AWESOME.
Up was great, but I have traumatic memories of being called "the kid from Up" (yes, I had weight problems a few years back)
Monsters Inc., I should say, was the best. I loved it. It never gets old.
I think you're forgetting one Pixar movie (unless you haven't seen Brave): Cars