One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

SSLFan

Reaction score
It's minor complaint really...but was anyone annoyed by that Cars 2 billboard poster that was in many of the background shots? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the only licensed property outside of the Muppets themselves that are in the film. I just felt like they could of digitally replaced that with something more generic - maybe even an ad for the upcoming Muppet Telethon. Or a "for sale" type ad for the Muppet Studios since technically it was being sold. It just felt like Diz was trying to market the Cars franchise in a Muppet film. I didn't really care for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Disney's ALWAYS doing stuff like that in their movies.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Disney's ALWAYS doing stuff like that in their movies.
True enough. I just felt this was the Muppets big comeback film. There was no call for them to do that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
True enough. I just felt this was the Muppets big comeback film. There was no call for them to do that.
I'm right there with you. Cars hardly needs the publicity. It was the Muppets that needed soaring up.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I was also annoyed with the Cars 2 being thrown in there...but it's Disney what are you gonna do? :/

Walter

Reaction score
It's true...when the scene was filmed, the poster was for Gnomeo and Juliet. That movie was made by Touchstone which is owned by Disney so they could have just left it. But Cars was more popular and makes more money in merchandising so...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh Disney let me count the ways of how much you annoy me at times. :sigh: