Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I'm crushed! I knew it would happen eventually, but not this soon. I loved his voice and his spirit so much. One thing's for sure, his voice will never be forgotten. He was faithful to his friends and colleagues right to the end. RIP Jerry, the world will miss you.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is very heartbreaking news, even though I expected him to pass given his health issues. :cry:

I think the most amazing thing about Jerry's performances was his vocal range. I mean, he could convincingly pull off the voice of a little boy as well as an adult man.

At least Jim and Richard will be very happy to see him again. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
As we grow older and navigate through our lives, may Jerry be an inspiration to all of us, to always remember to sing, laugh, love, and stop on a set of stairs.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
This is very heartbreaking news, even though I expected him to pass given his health issues. :cry:

I think the most amazing thing about Jerry's performances was his vocal range. I mean, he could convincingly pull off the voice of a little boy as well as an adult man.

At least Jim and Richard will be very happy to see him again. :smile:

I agree with you, mr3urious.

Jerry had a wonderful vocal range ranging from Uncle Deadly to The Count to Robin the Frog to Miss Mousey.

Luckily, Matt Vogel has done Floyd, Robin, Lew Zealand, Camilla, Crazy Harry, Pops, and Uncle Deadly in recent years so there's no problem with those characters.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yes, in addition to his brilliant performing abilities, his vocal range was unparalleled. It's mind blowing when you think that the gentleman who plays sweet little Robin also voiced the High Priest, SkekZok!

Also, a little happy, from our own Mr. Nelson:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
My favorite Jerry moments was him as the Count, as I can recall some of his infamous songs. :batty:

Like Little Miss Count-a-long

Or Lambabaa

or Wash you hands

I can even recall the moment where the Count was on "Beat the Time," and he had to bring in 2 things from the sky, but all he did was count down the numbers from 60 to 1 and when he finished he did his famous laughter with Thunder and Lighting.

Truly a great man with such a talented voice, he will be missed dearly.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
My favorite Jerry moments was him as the Count, as I can recall some of his infamous songs. :batty:

Like Little Miss Count-a-long

Or Lambabaa

or Wash you hands

I can even recall the moment where the Count was on "Beat the Time," and he had to bring in 2 things from the sky, but all he did was count down the numbers from 60 to 1 and when he finished he did his famous laughter with Thunder and Lighting.

Truly a great man with such a talented voice, he will be missed dearly.
Wash Your Hands?
You mean the one with Big Bird, Olivia, and the Kids or the Hands song with The Count?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What? What? What? What?

Gee... I mean... we all knew Jerry wasn't in the best of health, and that he was living on borrowed time... but... this still seems too soon and too sudden... gee...

I don't even know what to say... what CAN be said? Jerry was a part of our childhood, look at all the wonderful characters he's given to us that we grew up with... Count Von Count, Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, The Amazing Mumford, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Robin the Frog, Thog, Uncle Deadly, Gobo Fraggle, and countless, countless others... and the songs... my God, the songs... so many of those great, Muppetational hits were all due in part to that man's incredible voice, even Jim himself said that Jerry was responsible for some of the best singing there was among the Muppets.

Again, it just seems too soon, even though we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later... at least we still have Frank Oz, Caroll Spinney, Fran Brill, and Dave Goelz with us, but maybe now he, Jim, and Richard are having quite a reunion.

God, this is sad. :cry:

Vincent L

Reaction score
I just love Bless Us All. That's how I became a Robin fan.