Fan Fiction: Goodbye Jerry Nelson

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch.1
"I can't believe it,"Robin said. "I can't believe it." He hugged his teddy bear Jerry gave to him last Christmas.
"Sorry Robin,"Kermit said crying. "He was a good man, but now he's gone."
"I know. I love you Jerry,"he said sobbing.
"Why don't you remember the good times,"Kermit said sadly. He loved Jerry as much as Robin had.
"Well,"Robin said. "I remember he'd pull me on his lap when he babysat. He'd read me my favorite book. You and him were the only people that never said to me. "Not that one again Robin", Uncle Kermit. Then he'd tuck me in, and told me he would see me soon and he'd always be there even if I couldn't see him."he said smiling. "But I'm not ready to say goodbye."
"Nobody is Robin,"Kermit said crying. "Nobody is."

Hubert

Reaction score
I like this start of a little tribute to Jerry. Very fitting.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch.2
The day started out like any other.
"Wake up Colleen!"Jaz said jumping on the girl's bed.
"Ok Jaz,"Colleen said waking up. "I'm up. So let's go find the others,"
"Jerry!"Jaz said giggling as she knocked. "Wake up Jerry!"
"There's something wrong,"Colleen said. "I know there is"
"Oh relax Colleen,"Jaz said. Jaz opened the door, and looked in the bed. "Oh no. You were right. How will we ever tell Robin?"
"First Jim, then Richard, and now Jerry,"Colleen said sadly."Kermit? We have some bad news. Our good friend Jerry Nelson is dead."

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch. 3
"Hi Robin! How's my little bud,"Vincent asked crouching down to the little frog's level.
"I'm fine,"Robin said."But Jerry's gone."
"I know kiddo. You'll never forget him though,"
"I know. Vincent....Jerry was reading me a book. Could you finish it?"
"Sure Robin.Charlotte's Web. Oh I love this book!"he said. Robin cried when Charlotte died, but listened as Wilbur selflessly saved the egg sac and watched over it.
"Wilbur never forgot Charlotte. Althhough he loved her children and grandchildren dearly, none of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart. She was in a class all by herself. It's not often that someone comes along one who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both,"Vincent said wiping a tear from his eye.
"Just like Jerry,"Robin said. "Charlotte reminds me of Jerry. We had great times, he was there when I needed him, and Wilbur didn't forget Charlotte so I don' have to forget Jerry either."
"Great buddy,because Colleen, Jaz, and I need a brave big boy who loves Jerry to come with us to tell some of his other friends. Can you do it?"
"Yes,"he said holding Vincent's hand as they walked out together.