1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Fiction: Goodbye Jerry Nelson

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Dominicboo1, Aug 24, 2012.

1. bouncingbabyfig

bouncingbabyfig Well-Known Member

you're welcome!
  2. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Last night I logged on to Facebook and the first thing I saw was Muppet Wiki's post on Jerry's passing, and I'm thinking to myself, "WHAT?!". But I had a real bad feeling that it would happen at one point or another. Earlier today while I was watching Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration (for old time's sake), I kept getting chills or nearly started tearing up whenever any of Jerry's characters appeared/spoke (as well as during Bein' Green and I Don't Want to Live on the Moon; yeah I know these clips don't involve Jerry, but it's the truth). Of course that's when I realized that it's going to be hard to watch or listen to anything with his involvement (especially if he's performing with Jim and/or Richard).

When I was in 6th grade (about 5 or 6 years ago) , I wrote to Sesame Workshop (see the Fan Mail thread for the reason why I did) and sometime later, not only did they send me a letter back, but they also included these autographed photos of Oscar, Ernie, and The Count. Even if Jerry didn't sign the photo of The Count, that one is the holy grail/most important of the three (three vonderful photos! ah! ah! ah!), as of right now, for an obvious reason.

Currently, I'm trying to work on a video as a tribute to Jerry Nelson, and I'm hoping to upload it on YouTube or something.

Otherwise, I know that Matt Vogel will do a fantastic job taking over his characters.

RIP, Jerry Nelson! You were one of the best performers ever, and every Muppet Fan is going to miss you so much! :batty: :search: :sing: :fishy: :crazy: :cluck: :smirk:
  3. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

What?
  4. sesamemuppetfan

OK, about the video: IDK for sure if it's going to happen, but it was just an idea I had mind; so basically it's still in the planning stages.
  5. bouncingbabyfig

I wish you luck with the video! I want to write sesame street to send my condoloscences, do you know the address?
  6. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Oh that's was when Robin was asking you to finish the story Jerry was reading him. I hope you don't mind I put you in here.
  7. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I don't mind at all! I'm very :attitude:proud!
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  8. Dominicboo1

Ch. 5
    "Dance your cares away. Worries for another day,"sang a voice Robin and his friends knew too well.
    "Hi Gobo. We have some bad news,"Colleen said.
    "Oh...what?"Gobo asked concerned. "Are you guys ok?"
    "Sure,but Jerry's dead,"Vincent said sadly.
    "Oh my. I'm really sorry to hear that. Well I have an idea to honor him at his funeral! We could do what we did for Jim and perform some songs, sketches, and other sorts of things. I think that's what Jerry would want." Gobo said.
    "Great idea Gobo!"Jaz said. "Laughter and songs will help us all cope."
    "It's hard to say goodbye,"Robin sadi sadly.
    "It's all part of Mother Earth and Father time,"Gobo replied in compassion. "As sad as it is it's always coming. Gobo picked up his guitar and started to play a song.
    [Gobo]
    How very special are we
    For just a moment to be
    Part of life's eternal rhyme
    How very special are we
    To have on our family tree
    Mother Earth and Father Time
    He turns the seasons around
    And so she changes her gown
    But they always look in their prime
    They go on dancing their dance
    Of every lasting romance
    The summer larks return to sing
    Oh what a gift they give
    Then autumn days grow short and cold
    Oh what a joy to live
    How very special are we
    For just a moment to be
    Part of life's eternal rhyme
    How very special are we
    To have on our family tree
    "Thank you Gobo,"Figgie said.
    "Yeah that actually helped,"Robin said sincerely.
    "You're welcome. Well we have to go to Frogtown Hollow to tell Emmet."
    "You're right. Come on Gobo,"Vincent said. "The more friends we have the easier it is to say goodbye."
    Song used-Mother Earth and Father Time from Charlotte's Web.
  9. sesamemuppetfan

Thanks for the support, but I don't know for sure if the video will actually happen; it's still in the planning stages. As for writing to Sesame Street, this is the best address to use:

Sesame Street
    Sesame Workshop
    One Lincoln Plaza
    New York, NY 10023
    USA

I hope this helps.
    bouncingbabyfig likes this.
  10. bouncingbabyfig

Thank you very much!
  11. bouncingbabyfig

That was amazing! Dom, you write fantasticly!
  12. Dominicboo1

Thank you everyone.
    Ch. 7
    "Hi guys,"Emmet said as Robin, Gobo, Colleen, Vincent, Figgie, and Jaz came in to the resturant where they performed.
    "Hi Emmet,"Robin sighed. "Jerry Nelson has died."
    "Died?"Emmet said. "I knew he wasn't in good condition."
    "Will you please come with us for a tribute to him Emmet?"asked Colleen.
    "Of course I will,"Emmet said."I remember a song Jerry sang about death. He said it was a song he heard while exploring Fraggle Rock."
    "Then sing it!"Figgie insited.
    "Yes that would be really nice"Vincent said.
    "Ok!" Emmet said whistling.
    [Emmet]
    Feel the water flowing. Feel it coming. Fell it going. In the river. In the rain or in the sky. One day it's an ocean. One day ice in motion. One day it's a tear drop in your eye. Once I wasn't here, and then I suddenly appeared and now I seem to be at home in Earth and air. Like a river flowing I know where I'm going look benath your boots and I'll be there. It's just a dream away. You have to leave to stay. We'll meet again someday just a dream away.
    "Thank you,"Jaz said. "It's pretty upbeat for what it's about.
    "You're welcome! Now let's keep going."said Emmet.
    Song used- Just a Deam Away from the Fraggle Rock episode Gone but not Forgotten.
  13. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

14. Dominicboo1

Ch. 8
    "Hello Rugby,"Emmet said. "We have to talk to Balthazar."
    "Hello my friends,"said Balthazar. "What can I do for you on this perfect day?"
    "It's not perfect,"Colleen sighed. "Jerry Nelson has pased away."
    "Oh how dreadful. Meeting please. Our friend Jerry Nelson has passed away,"he told all the other toys. Rugby, Apple, and Mew gasped in desbelief.
    "This is very sad,"Rugby said. "We'll have to say goodbye to him."
    [Robin]
    You were once my one companion
    You were all that mattered
    You were once a friend and father
    Then my world was shattered

Wishing you were somehow here again
    Wishing you were somehow near
    Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed
    Somehow you would be here

Wishing I could here your voice again
    Knowing that I never would
    Dreaming of you helped me to do
    All that you dreamed I could

Passing bells and sculpted angels, cold and monumental
    Seem for you the wrong companion, you were warm and gentle

Too many years
    Fighting back tears
    Why can't the past just die!

Wishing you were here again
    Knowing we must say goodbye

Try to forgive
    Teach me to live
    Give me the strength to try!

No more memories
    No more silent tears
    No more gazing across the wasted years

Help me say goodbye
    Help me say goodbye!
    Song used-Wishing you were somehow here again from Phantom of the Opera.
  15. bouncingbabyfig

*Sniff* I love that song and it fits perfect for Jerry, thanks for such a beautiful goodbye.
  16. muppetfan24/7

Okay! I finally listened to "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" and my gosh that song just (sniffles) puts me to tears I guess. You really pick good songs here.
    bouncingbabyfig likes this.
  17. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, this story is sooooooo sweet. I love it. I miss Jerry so much.
    Dominicboo1 and bouncingbabyfig like this.
  18. muppetfan24/7

Me too! This is really the first time I ever heard a Muppeteer gone and now it hurts. I can't believe he's gone! I am really shocked too myself. It's okay! I love this story too. (Sniffles!)
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  19. Dominicboo1

Ch. 9
    Many Muppet fans came to honor Jerry Nelson. They all applauded as Kermit came out.
    "Feel free to sing along to honor Jerry Nelson with songs and sketches!"
    [Kermit]
    Why are there so many songs about rainbows? And what's on the other side? Rainbows are visions but only illusions and rainbows have nothing to hide! So we've been told. And some choose to believe it. I know they're wrong. Wait and see. Someday we'll find it. The rainbow connection. The lovers. The dreamers and me. Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that and someone believed it. Look what it's done so far! What's so amazing that keep us stargazing and what do we think we might see? Someday we'll find it. The rainbow connection. The lovers the dreamers and me. All of us under its spell we know that it's probably magic. Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices I heard them calling my name! Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailor the voice might be one and the same. I've heard it too many times to ignore it. It's something that I'm supposed to be. Someday we'll find it the rainbow connection. The lovers the dreamers and me.
    Song used- Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie, but odds are you could sing this song by just hearing it instrumentally.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  20. Dominicboo1

Ch. 10
    The memorial was off to a great start.
    [Uncle Matt]
    Every day the world begins again
    Sunny skies or rain
    Come and follow me

Every sunrise shows me more and more
    So much to explore
    Come and follow me
    [Both]
    Every morning, every day
    Every evening, calling me away

[Gobo]
    While the sun goes 'round
    I'll still be found
    Following the sound
    Something's calling me

When the world goes drifting back to bed
    Memories in my head
    Wonders follow me

[Both]
    Every morning, every day
    Every morning, every day
    "Robin has a couple of numbers coming up!"Emmet said."And he's nowhere to be found."
    "We'll find him."Fozzie said. Right now it's time for you guys to say goodbye.
    [Emmet]
    Saying Goodbye going away. Seems like goodbye's such a hard thing to say.
    [Count]
    Touching a hand. Wondering why.
    [Both]
    It's time for saying goodbye.
    [Gobo]
    Saying goodbye. Why is it sad? Makes us remember the good times we had. Much more to say. Foolish to try. It's time for saying goodbye.
    [Pa Gorg]
    Don't want to leave but we both know sometimes it's better to go.
    [Lew Zealand]
    Somehow I know we'll meet again. Not sure quite where and I don't know just when.
    [Floyd]
    You're in my heart so until then it's time for saying goodbye.
    [Emmet]
    Somehow I know we'll meet again. Not sure quite where and I don't know just when. You're in my heart so until then. Wanna smile. Wanna cry. Saying goodbye.
    [All]
    La la la la la la la la la la. It's time for saying goodbye. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
    Songs used.-Follow me from the Fraggle Rock episode Beginning and Saying Goodbye from the Muppets Take Manhattan.
    MuppetLuver2000 and GopherCoffee like this.