1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Fiction: Goodbye Jerry Nelson

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Dominicboo1, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Ch.1
    "I can't believe it,"Robin said. "I can't believe it." He hugged his teddy bear Jerry gave to him last Christmas.
    "Sorry Robin,"Kermit said crying. "He was a good man, but now he's gone."
    "I know. I love you Jerry,"he said sobbing.
    "Why don't you remember the good times,"Kermit said sadly. He loved Jerry as much as Robin had.
    "Well,"Robin said. "I remember he'd pull me on his lap when he babysat. He'd read me my favorite book. You and him were the only people that never said to me. "Not that one again Robin", Uncle Kermit. Then he'd tuck me in, and told me he would see me soon and he'd always be there even if I couldn't see him."he said smiling. "But I'm not ready to say goodbye."
    "Nobody is Robin,"Kermit said crying. "Nobody is."
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Nice new story, nice beginning.
  3. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

It's a nice beginning to this story.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I like this start of a little tribute to Jerry. Very fitting.
  5. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

That just made me tear up. Terrific tribute, keep up the work!:batty:
  6. Dominicboo1

Ch.2
    The day started out like any other.
    "Wake up Colleen!"Jaz said jumping on the girl's bed.
    "Ok Jaz,"Colleen said waking up. "I'm up. So let's go find the others,"
    "Jerry!"Jaz said giggling as she knocked. "Wake up Jerry!"
    "There's something wrong,"Colleen said. "I know there is"
    "Oh relax Colleen,"Jaz said. Jaz opened the door, and looked in the bed. "Oh no. You were right. How will we ever tell Robin?"
    "First Jim, then Richard, and now Jerry,"Colleen said sadly."Kermit? We have some bad news. Our good friend Jerry Nelson is dead."
  7. meepmuppaphones

Awesome second part!
  8. bouncingbabyfig

bouncingbabyfig Well-Known Member

Hold it! Did Jerry Nelson just die? Did this happen recently and I live under a rock? :p
    miss kermie likes this.
  9. Dominicboo1

Ch. 3
    "Hi Robin! How's my little bud,"Vincent asked crouching down to the little frog's level.
    "I'm fine,"Robin said."But Jerry's gone."
    "I know kiddo. You'll never forget him though,"
    "I know. Vincent....Jerry was reading me a book. Could you finish it?"
    "Sure Robin.Charlotte's Web. Oh I love this book!"he said. Robin cried when Charlotte died, but listened as Wilbur selflessly saved the egg sac and watched over it.
    "Wilbur never forgot Charlotte. Althhough he loved her children and grandchildren dearly, none of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart. She was in a class all by herself. It's not often that someone comes along one who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both,"Vincent said wiping a tear from his eye.
    "Just like Jerry,"Robin said. "Charlotte reminds me of Jerry. We had great times, he was there when I needed him, and Wilbur didn't forget Charlotte so I don' have to forget Jerry either."
    "Great buddy,because Colleen, Jaz, and I need a brave big boy who loves Jerry to come with us to tell some of his other friends. Can you do it?"
    "Yes,"he said holding Vincent's hand as they walked out together.
    MuppetLuver2000 and GopherCoffee like this.
  10. meepmuppaphones

Sadly, yes. Just yesterday. There's a whole thread about it.
    bouncingbabyfig likes this.
  11. Dominicboo1

I'm afraid so.
  12. bouncingbabyfig

Why is it we never get this news in Utah?! Geez, anyway, I feel sad but I know that Jerry is very happy to be reunited with Jim. And that makes it a little bit easier. Lovely story, Dominic...
    To Jerry, one of the greats.:batty:
  13. Dominicboo1

You know the reason I'm writing this is it makes feel a little better too. Would you like to be in it some Figgie?
  14. bouncingbabyfig

Yes please. While we may not have known him personally, I think we all thought of him as family.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  15. Dominicboo1

Ch.4
    "Ummmmmm Count,"Figgie stated.
    "I have found 79 good reasons to be happy to seem my good friend Figgie, and you're so wonderful I'll keep counting.
    "Yes, but....."Figgie began. She was flattered of course, but she had to tell him what happened.
    "Any luck?"Colleen asked. Figgie shook her head no. "Even non-Jerry characters are really upset. Big Bird's not leaving his nest again"
    "Elmo's thinking about sadness. His exact words,"Jaz said sighing.
    "Abby thinks she can poof him back,"Vincent said. "He was closet with Count of all the characters here."
    "I actually saw Oscar cry,"Robin said. They all entered as Count's smile doubled.
    "Oh my more friends to count the vunderful things about!" A few hours later he stopped and asked to what he owed the pleasure. As the count explained his smile shrank.
    "I vill miss him, but he would want us to count how many times he made us laugh."
    "That will take a while!"Colleen said hugging the Count.
    "You bet!"Count said as he smiled. He felt strange. He was sad that Jerry was gone, but happy he had known him, and happy that he could remember the good times and laugh.
  16. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

Absolutely brilliant. This is by far one of the best fan fiction stories I've ever read. :batty:
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  17. bouncingbabyfig

Agreed, beautiful in every way! I need a hug.
    Today seemed to be a bit quieter, a little less bright.
    It will be that way without you in our sight.
    Life will never seem more or less right.
    And days will be dark with the heavy night,
    Without you.
    There's no middle between the long stairs,
    No need to count without much care.
    No need to strum the guitar strings,
    There's less need to happily sing.
    We will try to smile, and not cry.
    But it's never easy saying goodbye.:cry:
    Dedicated to Jerry Nelson
  18. Dominicboo1

You are a wonderful poet!
  19. bouncingbabyfig

*blush* Thank you. It's just what came from the heart. You're an even better writer!
  20. Dominicboo1

Aw thank you!