Fan Fiction: Goodbye Jerry Nelson

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Last night I logged on to Facebook and the first thing I saw was Muppet Wiki's post on Jerry's passing, and I'm thinking to myself, "WHAT?!". But I had a real bad feeling that it would happen at one point or another. Earlier today while I was watching Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration (for old time's sake), I kept getting chills or nearly started tearing up whenever any of Jerry's characters appeared/spoke (as well as during Bein' Green and I Don't Want to Live on the Moon; yeah I know these clips don't involve Jerry, but it's the truth). Of course that's when I realized that it's going to be hard to watch or listen to anything with his involvement (especially if he's performing with Jim and/or Richard).

When I was in 6th grade (about 5 or 6 years ago) , I wrote to Sesame Workshop (see the Fan Mail thread for the reason why I did) and sometime later, not only did they send me a letter back, but they also included these autographed photos of Oscar, Ernie, and The Count. Even if Jerry didn't sign the photo of The Count, that one is the holy grail/most important of the three (three vonderful photos! ah! ah! ah!), as of right now, for an obvious reason.

Currently, I'm trying to work on a video as a tribute to Jerry Nelson, and I'm hoping to upload it on YouTube or something.

Otherwise, I know that Matt Vogel will do a fantastic job taking over his characters.

RIP, Jerry Nelson! You were one of the best performers ever, and every Muppet Fan is going to miss you so much! :batty: :search: :sing: :fishy: :crazy: :cluck: :smirk:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Last night I logged on to Facebook and the first thing I saw was Muppet Wiki's post on Jerry's passing, and I'm thinking to myself, "WHAT?!". But I had a real bad feeling that it would happen at one point or another. Earlier today while I was watching Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration (for old time's sake), I kept getting chills or nearly started tearing up whenever any of Jerry's characters appeared/spoke (as well as during Bein' Green and I Don't Want to Live on the Moon; yeah I know these clips don't involve Jerry, but it's the truth). Of course that's when I realized that it's going to be hard to watch or listen to anything with his involvement (especially if he's performing with Jim and/or Richard).

When I was in 6th grade (about 5 or 6 years ago) , I wrote to Sesame Workshop (see the Fan Mail thread for the reason why I did) and sometime later, not only did they send me a letter back, but they also included these autographed photos of Oscar, Ernie, and The Count. Even if Jerry didn't sign the photo of The Count, that one is the holy grail/most important of the three (three vonderful photos! ah! ah! ah!), as of right now, for an obvious reason.

Currently, I'm trying to work on a video as a tribute to Jerry Nelson, and I'm hoping to upload it on YouTube or something.

Otherwise, I know that Matt Vogel will do a fantastic job taking over his characters.

RIP, Jerry Nelson! You were one of the best performers ever, and every Muppet Fan is going to miss you so much! :batty: :search: :sing: :fishy: :crazy: :cluck: :smirk:
OK, about the video: IDK for sure if it's going to happen, but it was just an idea I had mind; so basically it's still in the planning stages.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I wish you luck with the video! I want to write sesame street to send my condoloscences, do you know the address?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch. 5
"Dance your cares away. Worries for another day,"sang a voice Robin and his friends knew too well.
"Hi Gobo. We have some bad news,"Colleen said.
"Oh...what?"Gobo asked concerned. "Are you guys ok?"
"Sure,but Jerry's dead,"Vincent said sadly.
"Oh my. I'm really sorry to hear that. Well I have an idea to honor him at his funeral! We could do what we did for Jim and perform some songs, sketches, and other sorts of things. I think that's what Jerry would want." Gobo said.
"Great idea Gobo!"Jaz said. "Laughter and songs will help us all cope."
"It's hard to say goodbye,"Robin sadi sadly.
"It's all part of Mother Earth and Father time,"Gobo replied in compassion. "As sad as it is it's always coming. Gobo picked up his guitar and started to play a song.
[Gobo]
How very special are we
For just a moment to be
Part of life's eternal rhyme
How very special are we
To have on our family tree
Mother Earth and Father Time
He turns the seasons around
And so she changes her gown
But they always look in their prime
They go on dancing their dance
Of every lasting romance
The summer larks return to sing
Oh what a gift they give
Then autumn days grow short and cold
Oh what a joy to live
How very special are we
For just a moment to be
Part of life's eternal rhyme
How very special are we
To have on our family tree
"Thank you Gobo,"Figgie said.
"Yeah that actually helped,"Robin said sincerely.
"You're welcome. Well we have to go to Frogtown Hollow to tell Emmet."
"You're right. Come on Gobo,"Vincent said. "The more friends we have the easier it is to say goodbye."
Song used-Mother Earth and Father Time from Charlotte's Web.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I wish you luck with the video! I want to write sesame street to send my condoloscences, do you know the address?
Thanks for the support, but I don't know for sure if the video will actually happen; it's still in the planning stages. As for writing to Sesame Street, this is the best address to use:

Sesame Street
Sesame Workshop
One Lincoln Plaza
New York, NY 10023
USA

I hope this helps.