Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I think that means its safe to say that I'm probably the only person whose favorite turtle is Leo...
Perhaps I was a tad harsh on Leo. He is without question the best fighter out of all the turtles, and has more discipline, focus, and training than any of the others. Raph is distracted by his anger and rogue attitude, Don is distracted by his love of technology, and Mikey is distracted by the huge bags of weed he must be smoking 24/7. While it may seem like Leo has less personality than the others, it's just that he's too disciplined to let down his guard for even a second and take up any hobby that may distract from his sworn duty as the Turtles' leader.

robodog

Reaction score
Some of my best childhood memories revolve around the TMNT. I saw the first movie in theatres four times. I collected the toys, played the games and watched the cartoon religiously. When the first movie came out K-Mart had a promotion at their grill where you could get a TMNT water bottle with the purchase of a large Coke. My mom worked at K-Mart at the time and many was the day she'd come home with one of those bottles filled with ice cold coke for me. I had tons of them. Coke just seemed to taste better when drank out of a bottle with Michelangelo's picture on it.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Perhaps I was a tad harsh on Leo. He is without question the best fighter out of all the turtles, and has more discipline, focus, and training than any of the others. Raph is distracted by his anger and rogue attitude, Don is distracted by his love of technology, and Mikey is distracted by the huge bags of weed he must be smoking 24/7. While it may seem like Leo has less personality than the others, it's just that he's too disciplined to let down his guard for even a second and take up any hobby that may distract from his sworn duty as the Turtles' leader.
I think the fact that Leo never lets his guard down is what makes him awesome to me, though, there's always that once in a blue moon chance he lets his guard down and WHAM! He learns not to do it again, which is too bad because its always nice to seem him having fun now but, its true, he has to the responsible one and look out for his bros. Don might be the glue that holds them together (and ultimately keeps Leo and Raph from killing each other), but, Leo is the one who takes responsibility, who puts what's best before his own needs and doesn't ever seem to stray from that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My, this is quite interesting... apparently the script for Teenage Mutated by Michael Bay Turtle-aliens from Dimension X was leaked, and big details about the film were released... and fears were realized.

Seems that the first half of the movie, unfortunately Michael Bay was right about. It has a lot of Fan nuggets and that would have delighted fans, no doubt. They even threw in Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang.

Then things go from Michael Bay was right to Michael Bay is an absolute Internet troll of a movie personality, even as a producer. The script goes from happy little fan service to... well... the very darkest form of bait and switch there is. The most family friendly thing I can liken it to is being handled a brown bar and then told, "Oh, I didn't say it was chocolate!" (if that's not family friendly enough...eh... the bar is carob. Actually that almost makes it worse)

After being reunited with Splinter, their master reveals that they’re all from Dimension X, which sometimes comes into contact with ours and causes trouble. Dimension X then crosses over and we see all kinds of craziness, including an old Turtle Warrior, the Ninja Turtles’ parents, Krang and the Technodrome. From there it gets complex, as the Turtles learn about Dimension X’s political unrest and their own war-stopping destiny.
Now, from the sound of it, all they need to do to not screw it up is to get rid of the whole turtles being a race from Dimension X bit, putting the Neutrinos (or Utroms)in their place, and have that be the source of the turtles' mutation. But other than that, sounds like the sci-fi aspect is played a little too high and clumsily.

TMNT has always been Sci-Fi heavy, and the turtles were almost always mutated by the machinations of "alien" races...

TMNT Comics and 2k3: the same chemical jar that fell out of the back of a truck that hit Marvel's Daredevil rebounded off him and hit a bunch of turtles that fell into the sewer with Hamato Yoshi's pet rat Splinter... this chemical was a byproduct of the Utroms trying to build a transporter, though there's differences in the 2l3 series... TMNT 87: The mutagen was supplied by Krang along with various other Dimension X technologies... IDW comics: Krang sent over mutagen to Baxter Stockman to help develop a superior race of soldiers, the four turtles and Splinter, reincarnations of Hamato Yoshi and his four sons killed by Shredder, were the test subjects... the second movie had something in the script, that was obviously taken out before filming, where one of the TGRI employees gets hit in the chest revealing an opening chest plate and an Utrom.

But I agree with Laird. Junk the whole thing and start over. Though I'm mixed with his annoyance that Bebop and Rocksteady are there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why no one wants to take a cue from the fact that there's hundreds of other Comic Book movies out there and make a TMNT film the actual origin (well, before the whole Utrom thing), and do one where it starts with Baxter Stockman and the Mousers and having that tie into them facing Shredder.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I don't see why no one wants to take a cue from the fact that there's hundreds of other Comic Book movies out there and make a TMNT film the actual origin (well, before the whole Utrom thing), and do one where it starts with Baxter Stockman and the Mousers and having that tie into them facing Shredder.
Because it's Hollywood, Dr.Tooth. They almost never take the sensible approach:wink:.

On another note, I hope someday they have a Daredevil/ TMNT team-up, given the fact that the original TMNT comic was partly inspired by Frank Miller's take on Daredevil, and also Daredevil is my all-time fav superhero. I'm sure there's already some DD/ TMNT fanfics out there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because it's Hollywood, Dr.Tooth. They almost never take the sensible approach.
The original movie, more or less, was the origin story. There was no way they would have had the budget or time in the movie for mousers, Baxter, or scientist April , but more or less followed a specific story arc in the manner fitting a 90 minute movie. Condensed with a lot of things changed to fit the plot, but still basically telling the same/similar story.

Plus, as far as the actual origin goes, it did the right thing by telling the origin in flashback form, being in present day in the middle of a story. Too many superhero movies suffer from origin story happening in real time (cough cough... Green Lantern cough).

The second one tried to be the cartoon series, the third one felt like one of the weird filler stories in the middle of the comic, and the last film seemed like a Tales of the TMNT sort of story (a stand alone kind of disconnected to the rest of the series). Actually... I loved the fourth one. It was the best TMNT film since the first.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yeah, I loved the fourth one too. It seemed like the first time the Leo v. Raph dynamic really came to a head, at least outside of the comics. Also, given that Shredder is their main antagonist for most of the films, it was interesting to see them fighting someone else for once, even if parts of the plot seemed like 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo.