Muppet Wizard of Oz - Positives and Negatives

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Studio DC. Now that's something I can't watch! I understand why it was made, and it was a smart move on Disney's part, but let's face it, it just wasn't made for us Muppet fans. It was made for younger audiences who didn't know who the Muppets were.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
You know a lot of talk about VMX and I did like that....could have done without the Heaven scenes...I mean the angel could have just shown up...those scenes seem a little detached from the Muppet world...other than that and scooter in a cage I kind of like that one....I actually like Muppets from Space too....but a lot of the major characters just kind of seem to be there and seem detached (kermit included)....Muppets from space had so many good things too it (ditching a human lead....muppets being themselves).....Muppet Wizard of Oz and Studio DC are a litle harder to defend in my mind......and even Muppet Wizard of Oz it seems like we find good Parts (scenes etc;...well some of us do) but as a whole you can't really defend it..

Drtooth

Reaction score
Studio DC. Now that's something I can't watch! I understand why it was made, and it was a smart move on Disney's part, but let's face it, it just wasn't made for us Muppet fans. It was made for younger audiences who didn't know who the Muppets were.
Exactly. They have that significance and all, I refuse to watch them, but they did reintroduce some characters with solid recasts we haven't seen for a while. This was the first David Rudman Scooter project, right? Scooter was in VMX and Moz (another small plus for that film... he's one of the few decent scenes in that one), but with different, temporary recasts. A solid recast is important. It brings longevity to the character's comeback.

Still. DC comes from the dark ages when Disney was only going through with Tween pop stuff and flooding the market with it. People stopped caring, Disney focused on other Disney things, Phineas and Ferb brought new life into their TV animation (leading to Gravity Falls, which I hope is a huge hit and gets tons of merchandise). Disney still has Tweeny shows, but I doubt anyone can even name the ones in current production. That's how much they've shifted, and that's a great thing.