Watched The Muppet Movie and noticing a lot of new stuff...

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I mentioned but from reading that Tough Pigs article, the scene where Doc and Max crash into the word Meanwhile. lol I wish that was in the movie, that really cracked me up when I read it. lol :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
You might be right. The giant Animal does seem more stiff. And the arms that appear in that bonus shot in the extended cut don't look like normal Animal arms. Incidentally, I wonder if the giant Animal is what inspired Palisades to make Mega Muppets.
lol I don't know. Man, I miss the Palisades figures. Those were the best. I think Disney is making the Star Wars / Muppet cross over figures and they slightly look like the Palisades figures but it's not the same. So much detail with the texture to make the skin look like fabric. Awesome. I think that, the Fisher Price puppets and the 1970s rubber Sesame puppets are my favorite merchandises for The Muppets of all time. I wish they continue that line for figures. :smile:

I got Marvin Suggs displayed in my apartment :smile: I still need Uncle Deadly.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've always hated the shots of Animal as a giant, even as a kid. They creep me out because I really can't figure out how he isn't a lot TALLER. Maybe the bonus shot of his arms would explain that. He sort of seems like a giant Animal HEAD and that's it really. He also looks very different from his POV to the human's POV which really weirded me out as a kid.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The shot of giant Animal with the arms creeped me out even more. I don't know, those arms (okay, more like just hands) just look so unnatural.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One other deleted scene from the extended version that I forgot to mention. During Fozzie's El Sleazo performance, at one point he tries to honk that prop horn he has with him, but it winds up falling off. Fozzie replies, "This is not my night...".

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Just watched the alternative credits video. That was part of the extended version right? Yeah, the audio is really clear and I can hear the jokes better. Lew: Hey Sweetums, Wanda wants to meet you. Sweetums: Oh yeah? Well I would like to eat her too. (Sweetums eats the fish, Lew freaks out) lol Yeah, Nigel sounds strange. Yeah, that was Dave Golez. I couldn't hear Boppity much and it seems like Marvin Suggs got muted a little bit except when he says "it was wonderful". I love Sam's comment, I remember making out the line during when watching my DVD but I like this ending better then the one they mastered in the US. I which Disney could remaster the movie with this ending.

Yeah, Animals fingers kind of look really creepy. Very skinny, almost like orange spiders. Plus the palm is too flat. Perhaps of the palm wasn't so flat, it would look better. The head must have been some kind of heavy duty machine.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, that's from the extended version. I think Lew's fish is actually named Tommy. You're right, really fun to hear the lines in this final scene.

Scooter: Hey, Sam, what did you think?
Sam: It was sick and weird!
Scooter: I'm glad you liked it!

Lew: Congratulations, Mr. the Frog. All it lacked was me and my fish!
Kermit: You can be in the next one, Lew.
Lew: Did you hear that Tommy...

Robin: Uncle Kermit, you're a great actor!
Kermit: That wasn't acting. That was real life!

Sweetums: I love you chicky baby!
Gonzo: Hey, leave that chicken alone!

Floyd: My main squeeze knows how to please!
Janice: Aw... Animal....
Animal: Woman! Woman!
Jancie: Haha, fer sure! Rully!
Animal: For sure! Really! For sure! Really!

Fozzie: Hey, guys, was I funny? Bunsen, was I funny? Gonzo?
Kermit: Fozzie, you were very very funny.
Fozzie: I knew that. Thank you, boss!

Rowlf: Hey, Beaker, what did you think?
Beaker: Mee moo moo mee!
Rowlf: Yeah, whatever...

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Lew: Congratulations, Mr. the Frog. All it lacked was me and my fish!
Kermit: You can be in the next one, Lew.
Lew: Did you hear that Tommy...
lol, and he was. lol "HERE'S THE PAPER TOWELS" lol I got to watch Great Muppet Caper some time next week :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Why is it that the paper towel line is quoted more often, at least out of Muppet fandom? It's got to be one of those lines that sticks with people, along with "lions and tigers and bears (oh my)" and "here's looking at you, kid".