Watched The Muppet Movie and noticing a lot of new stuff...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmmm! I actually prefer the shot with his hands, although they look a little like Kermit's flippers more than Animal's hands. But at least now I can (finally!) picture where his body and elbows fit, all squashed in that building :stick_out_tongue:

Also, yesterday I was walking through town and passed a market-stand that had paper-towels for sale and thought about that line and giggled.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Why is it that the paper towel line is quoted more often, at least out of Muppet fandom? It's got to be one of those lines that sticks with people, along with "lions and tigers and bears (oh my)" and "here's looking at you, kid".
REALLY? lol That's hilarious. I never noticed. How about "We got to catch those thieves red handed, what color are their hands now?" lol

Hubert

Reaction score
I was watching my Muppet Show season 2 DVD set this week and last night I was watching the sketch with Floyd on base and Nigel whistling, I think it was Jim performing him. And I was thinking on how that could have been the last time Jim performed him. It's amazing how Nigel was going to be the host of The Muppet Show. But when it was decided that Kermit was, Nigel became sort of introverted and either conducting The Muppet Orchestra or just a stock character. I would have liked it if he was sort of a secondary character but it would be kind of hard because he did have a slight voice a little higher than Kermit's but similar. So what was the story with Nigel becoming host and Kermit taking over? I remember hearing that someone suggested Kermit to Jim since Kermit was the oldest Muppet still being used. Well at least Nigel recently returned. I wonder if he spoke, if Steve Whitmire would perform him since Steve performs Jim's more higher pitch voiced characters like Kermit and Ernie.
I think that Nigel just didn't work for anyone. He just didn't have the character traits they wanted as a host. They had already gone through Wally and then Nigel, and were at a loss of anything else to do, so someone suggested that Kermit might work, considering he's one of the oldest Muppets.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I think that Nigel just didn't work for anyone. He just didn't have the character traits they wanted as a host. They had already gone through Wally and then Nigel, and were at a loss of anything else to do, so someone suggested that Kermit might work, considering he's one of the oldest Muppets.
And a favorite of Jim's.

chudman1000

Reaction score
Back on the topic of the giant Animal for a second, when I was younger I used to just assume it was just that... a giant mechanical Animal head. The reason being that when they showed the shots of the back of his head, I thought that where his neck would be was just the giant mechanism allowing him to move, and that they just didn´t hide it all that well. It never occured to me until much later that what I was seeing onscreen was actually his metal collar that he always wore (the one with the chain.) Oh, and until I just saw these pictures that were just posted, I have never even noticed those fingers before.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl and Jack Burns wrote the movie right? Didn't Jack Burns get fired after season 1 of The Muppet Show? I thought I read something about that in Bernie Brillstine's book.

Hubert

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl and Jack Burns wrote the movie right? Didn't Jack Burns get fired after season 1 of The Muppet Show? I thought I read something about that in Bernie Brillstine's book.
I didn't think that Jack Burns got fired...he was season one's head writer, but then Jerry Juhl took over. However I think he was still part of the writing staff.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to realize World Wide Studios is a parody of Universal (though I suppose the logo is a cross between Universal's and Columbia's).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Extended/Alternate scenes from the UK VHS:
The El Sleazo Cafe:

Reading the Script:

The Car Chase:

Never Before, Never Again:

I Hope that Something Better Comes Along:

Finale:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Old WNEW TV promo. Interesting that the promo includes (a) footage straight from the theatrical trailer (and for once, doesn't sound like somebody put it in PAL format) and (b) includes an old ITC logo: