Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

theSHE124

Reaction score
Thanks, JVcaroll. There are other contests, but it seemed like this was the only Invite I'll ever have the opportunity to join JHC. I've been studying Fraggle Rock more than any other Muppet franchise, and I do want to help with the movie idea. :coy:

Foodie

Reaction score
Just read this on their website......

Hello Talenthouse Artists,

The winner announcement for this Creative Invite will be delayed until further notice.

The representatives for Fraggle Rock are absolutely ecstatic about the quality of your submissions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Talenthouse Team

Oh yeah, I was gonna point this out but I don't have to now. :smirk:

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
I don't understand that list. I've spent two weeks working on my design: one for planning, and the other for formatting. Specific orders were given while I was still working on mine and I worked even harder than before! (That was the first time I've drawn Doozers. :busy:) I even witnessed a non Top-10 entry won an Invite by the host choice, but...I really did the best I've done, didn't I? :confused:
500+ entries and only 1 grand prize, 8 runner-ups, and 1 popular vote. The odds of winning anything was less than 2% and everyone was in the same boat. It all comes down to who the judges were and what they were looking for. If you look at all the winners(when officially announced), you'll notice a pattern of what they were after to promote the 30th Anniversary of Fraggle Rock. Everyone is a winner in my book, because they put their time, effort, and heart into a dream of possibly becoming a reality. Sadly, only a few can be chosen. So keep your chin up, you did a nice piece of art.

Also consider they even said in the rules, "The Jim Henson Company will select from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries." One reason why I stated in an earlier post, they probably were mostly looking at the Top 50 most popular voted that the fans liked. If that's true, some 450+ drawings probably didn't get much consideration, hopefully they glanced at them all for one or two that might of caught their eye.

And like it has already been mentioned, there are other contests to enter with different judges and who knows, you might catch their eye, you might not. All depends on the direction the wind is blowing that day.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

It makes me wonder what the outcome of this contest would have been had they not extended it for two more months. Originally it was suppose to end around mid June. Then they extended it and went from not having many entries to bursting at the seams. /lol

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I doubt that they went by the votes to consider the runners-up. Aside from the popular vote, it was just a tool to gain interest for the brand and the contest.

Foodie

Reaction score
First of all, Foodie, you do have the link in your reply! Second, you need to scroll with the blue arrows to find the right project. I put the surprise as top pic in 'the Fraggle Five', so you can't miss it! :wink:
Oh! By the way! I finally found the pic you were talking about. :smirk:

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey Foodie, are you gonna a tribute to Jerry Nelson? I've seen a bunch at your Deviant Art website. :smirk:
I also want to, not I'm not terribly inspired. I'm back in my third college year, and I need to draw more robots than Fraggles if you know what I mean. :sigh:

Foodie

Reaction score
Hey Foodie, are you gonna a tribute to Jerry Nelson? I've seen a bunch at your Deviant Art website. :smirk:
I also want to, not I'm not terribly inspired. I'm back in my third college year, and I need to draw more robots than Fraggles if you know what I mean. :sigh:
The way I see it, all my fraggle art is a tribute to Jerry & everyone who brought about Fraggle Rock. Besides, Jerry wants me to focus on what makes me happy. :smirk:

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Maaan, :sigh: I wish I had been smart and found this forum while the contest was going on, I was so bored just checking and re-checking that website, and I could've been following the way-more entertaining dialogue going on here!
But I think I'm all caught up now! Thanks Foodie for mentioning the site!

Foodie

Reaction score
Maaan, :sigh: I wish I had been smart and found this forum while the contest was going on, I was so bored just checking and re-checking that website, and I could've been following the way-more entertaining dialogue going on here!
But I think I'm all caught up now! Thanks Foodie for mentioning the site!
Heh heh. I do what I can. :smirk: