The Muppet Show Comic Book: the Four Seasons V1 out now

Drtooth

Reaction score
I certainly hope so.

I read it last night and it really seems like a meh finale... almost as if Roger planned on having someone take on the reigns of the comic back when they still had the license. It's all about Pops having to retire because he hit the age when it's required by the doorman's union, and the Muppet crew try very hard to find a way around so they can keep him a little longer. We meet Pops's nephew, who's being groomed to be the next doorman.

This issue has some pretty obscure references in it. There's an entire Rizzo comic devoted to a VERY obscure Windsor McCay comic Dream of the Rarebit Fiend that I barely got. And there's a Pigs in Space that's, I'm guessing, done in the style of Flash Gordon comics or something. And Topaz the Dwarf all the way back from The Treasure of Peg Leg Wilson recites another poem.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Going in to check what info Muppet Wiki might have on the three issues of The Four Seasons already individually released (and there's really none at all), I read the info on On the Road. Something that struck me as funny is that in Issue 1 of that series the Muppets lease a plot of land from Mr. Weazell. Why's that funny? Well, I wonder if they kept mispronouncing/wrongly-saying or spelling his name like in Vowel Play, and episode of Tale Spin. :fishy:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Rarebit Fiend! Holy cow I actually KNOW that one. Will have to go pick up Fall...I missed out on Summer. When I finally had some cash to spare, everywhere in town I checked was already out. Nuts.

-------------

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I actually liked this issue better than the last two. The plot was about the doorman's union forcing Pops to retire due to his age...It was really nice to see a Pops story since he had persoanlity before obviously, but was never a mjor Muppet character. Also the story as a whole seemd to flow better than the last two issues. For those of you worried about things being out of order there doesn't seem to be any references to previous issues. All these stories seem to be stand alone stories... again though this one seemed to be the strongest story....though maybe not quite so many skits as the others

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. :smile: It's just funny how close these two things happened. Too bad Jerry wasn't around to see it. :sympathy:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I really did think it was nice to see Pops fleshed out a bit more. He is an underused Muppet I think. The way they focused on him made me wish there was more Pops in muppet productions (sadly a recast though :frown: )

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Actually, I remember Amy and Dave both complaining that they had to basically make happy, smiling to the camera pictures when they did their respective comic covers...

Dave wanted to use a disgruntled or slightly annoyed Kermit here, but Disney wouldn't let them.
Those Designs Remind Me Vaguly Of The Looney Tunes Show!! Were Some Of The Staff Working On The Looney Tunes Show!! And Oh Disney You Can't Even Have The Slightly Annoyed Kermit So You Have To Make EVERYONE Smile!! Oh How You Annoy Me At Times!!!