Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Well, that one seems to be a Target exclusive at the moment. If so, it'll get a wider release in a few months.
Thanks! :smile: I didn't know it had been released yet. I must have missed that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think I could do without the animated intros and outros on each episode.

ploobis

Reaction score
It would be nice if volume 3 will include "We Are All Monsters" with the original audio with Jerry Nelson performing the original Elmo. :laugh:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be nice if volume 3 will include "We Are All Monsters" with the original audio with Jerry Nelson performing the original Elmo. :laugh:
I've been thinking the same thing. One of these season premieres has "Me, Claudias", so it should include at least one early Elmo segment.

I've been wondering how much material that was in "40 Years of Sunny Days" will be included here as bonus segments (I know that "Me Claudias" and the same "geometry of circles" segment appear in the episodes, and a scene from the birdwatchers episode was on the DVD). It seems some of the clips on the 40th anniversary DVD were included because they had related behind-the-scenes footage (the only behind-the-scenes footage included where the related non-behind-the-scenes footage was not included was the "Othmar the Grouch" episode). Depending on how much of the same behind-the-scenes footage is included, I wonder if we'll see the finished segments. I really like "Bring Your Own Can Night", but I'd rather see a different Bruno clip included.

Somehow I have a feeling this'll have "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco". I actually won't mind if we get another release of that (both DVD releases exclude the last ten seconds), but I'd also rather it have a different Cookie Monster song, like "Me Gonna Munch You Munch You Munch You" or "Google Bugle". As far as disco tunes go, I'd also rather it have Disco Frog or D Duah Duah (or Disco Toothbrush, if that's from this time period, but I think it's from earlier).

I wonder what celebrities will be included in the bonus clips. I doubt any of the celebrities in the episodes will be (considering the previous sets didn't include the same guests in the episodes and bonus clips). These season premieres include appearances by Madeline Kahn, Inzalk Pearlman, and I think Harry Belafonte... I forget who else off-hand. Other guests who were on during this period include Gregory and Mauirce Hines (Michael Earl has said that he once performed Snuffy dancing with them, I'd like to see that clip included), Fred Rogers, the Star Wars droids, James Taylor (since "Jellyman Kelly" and "That Grouchy Face" have both been released I'd like to see "Up on the Roof" included, but since it wasn't written for the show or written by Taylor I hope it's not a problem securing the music rights), Richard Dawson, Diana Ross... Anyone else (I'm sure there is)? Did Sally Ride appear during this period or the next five-year period?

Normally I don't really care about who's on the spine, but in this case I hope it's The Count, as a tribute to Jerry Nelson. My second choice would be Telly, since he became a main character during this time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And that insane disclaimer about how much these episodes will harm children, lol.
I wish they'd put the disclaimer on it that was more honest.

"We released this because classic Sesame Street fans wouldn't stop badgering us. This is not intended for near sighted grandmas to buy for their preschool aged grandchildren. Elmo's not mugging the camera every five minutes so we assume they'd be lost. Seriously. We release, like 5 Elmo videos a year. They HAVE theirs. This is for you."

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I was beginning to think Volume 3 would never appear. That is great news.

Foodie

Reaction score
I know there are some folks out there that have all of the Sesame Street episodes recorded in their collections so, does anyone have a list of what is on each of the episodes included in volume 3? Cuz see... there's one 'lil cartoon I've wanted a nice, clear copy of for like 4,000 or so years. :smirk:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know there are some folks out there that have all of the Sesame Street episodes recorded in their collections so, does anyone have a list of what is on each of the episodes included in volume 3? Cuz see... there's one 'lil cartoon I've wanted a nice, clear copy of for like 4,000 or so years. :smirk:
It could be inferred it's the next five season premieres (the plots of two are mentioned in the official statement).

Status
Not open for further replies.