If there ever was a season six of the Muppet show.....

Misskermie

Reaction score
Miss piggy singing with adele.
Double awesome.

Hayley B

Reaction score
*thinking 1982 now* Maybe some of the casts from Happy Days. Like Henry Winkler or Tom Bosley. I want to say Ron Howard. But Ron would be gone from Happy Days during 1982.

Gary Coleman might have had been famous during this time.

The existing Beatles during this time. Paul, George, & Ringo.

Last person. I would like to see Desi Arnaz.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Jim ending The Muppet Show mainly because we wanted to make The Dark Crystal right? Was there ever a thought of a revival around Jim's time, before finally deciding on MuppetTelevision?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Jim ending The Muppet Show mainly because we wanted to make The Dark Crystal right? Was there ever a thought of a revival around Jim's time, before finally deciding on MuppetTelevision?
Not quite. The Dark Crystal was already in development a few years before ending TMS. Actually, Henson and co. wanted to end TMS after five season because they wanted to end while the show was still on top. It was actually a smart idea. It would be the end of new TMS episodes, but certainly not the end of the Muppets.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
*thinking 1982 now* Maybe some of the casts from Happy Days. Like Henry Winkler or Tom Bosley. I want to say Ron Howard. But Ron would be gone from Happy Days during 1982.

Gary Coleman might have had been famous during this time.

The existing Beatles during this time. Paul, George, & Ringo.

Last person. I would like to see Desi Arnaz.
Yeah, Gary was pretty famous at the time. If he had been on TMS in '82, he would have been the youngest guest star to appear.

Hubert

Reaction score
Not quite. The Dark Crystal was already in development a few years before ending TMS. Actually, Henson and co. wanted to end TMS after five season because they wanted to end while the show was still on top. It was actually a smart idea. It would be the end of new TMS episodes, but certainly not the end of the Muppets.
But I think part of it was also that Jim wanted to focus his energy on other ideas he had, though, such as for The Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
But I think part of it was also that Jim wanted to focus his energy on other ideas he had, though, such as for The Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock.
Oh, I see what you and mupcollector1 mean there. Yeah, Jim wanted to move more into doing movies and whatnot.

Misskermie

Reaction score
He wanted to end with a bang.
Now when everyone was tired of the muppet show

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
He wanted to end with a bang.
Now when everyone was tired of the muppet show
I think it was a combination of the two. He wanted TMS to end while it was still on top, and he wanted to be able to move onto other things without having to do a weekly series.