Doozer Cartoon series probably happening at this point

Slackbot

Reaction score
The Doozer CGI series is definitely happening, as reported by ToughPigs. However, it will be happening in Europe. Cartoonito, a network which is owned by Turner, has picked it up. And according to Kidscreen, there will be 52 11-minute segments and will start in Fall 2013

From the brief description, it looks like these Doozers live in a Fraggle-free world, which makes me a little sad. But the end of the Kidscreen article states that "The anniversary year will see classic Fraggle Rock episodes rolling out across international territories on various platforms, as well as special DVD releases." Hmm...

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The Doozer CGI series is definitely happening, as reported by ToughPigs. However, it will be happening in Europe. Cartoonito, a network which is owned by Turner, has picked it up. And according to Kidscreen, there will be 52 11-minute segments and will start in Fall 2013

From the brief description, it looks like these Doozers live in a Fraggle-free world, which makes me a little sad. But the end of the Kidscreen article states that "The anniversary year will see classic Fraggle Rock episodes rolling out across international territories on various platforms, as well as special DVD releases." Hmm...
Europe??? NOOOOOOO!! That Just Downed My Hopes A Little, Yes, I Know In The Original Show Was Produced In The UK, But At Least THAT US/UK Co-Production, This One Seems Highly Unlikely To Come To The U.S.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... Europe getting everything first is now a tradition. For some reason cartoons produced in the US don't even air in the US until everywhere around the world gets it first because, even though we've made strides, children's TV producers are still dinks.

This would be perfect for PBS, though. Just get rid of Clifford already, and we have a viable time slot.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm glad that this project has finally found its way to production, even though I'm quite disappointed that Fraggles do not appear to be involved. Hopefully this can become successful and give the Jim Henson company the boost it needs to continue pursuing their own projects.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad that this project has finally found its way to production

I'm glad JHC is actually getting something into production.

I just hope this isn't a Gadget and the Gadgetinis situation where the US will never get the darn thing. As long as it's as well done as Henson's other CGI shows, this should be good. If they're looking to end Sid the Science Kid, I really hope they can get PBS to put this in its place.

Not a huge fan of the designs, but it does mean new Doozer merchandise if it ever comes here.

Slackbot

Reaction score
And let's not forget that this is leading into the 30 year anniversary of Fraggle Rock next year which, according to some reports, they plan to blitz hard. Maybe this can add a little momentum.

(Gadget and the Gadgetinis? I'd never heard of that. And I liked the original Inspector Gadget.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
(Gadget and the Gadgetinis? I'd never heard of that. And I liked the original Inspector Gadget.)
Man... it used to be all over Youtube until one of the international home video distributors that released ONE DVD that's completely out of print anyway blew a gasket. It was a series where Gadget was promoted to Lieutenant, Penny was an early teenager and even more scientifically inclined, and she built 2 dumb little Gadget shaped robots to look after him since Brain had a nervous breakdown and fled. The 2 little robots were kinda annoying, but the concepts in the show otherwise were brilliant. It had a superior Christmas Special for one. Then it had pretty much the most brilliant concept I've seen in any IG cartoon, Dr. Claw sends agents back in time to prevent Gadget's parents from meeting, thus erasing Gadget from history... but in the process Gadget accidentally goes back in time and almost erases Dr. Claw instead. And in at least 3 or 4 episodes, Dr. Claw isn't even the bad guy.

And it really is a shame, since it was actually a pretty decent follow up. Much better than the lousy Gadget Boy cartoons and the boring Inspector Gadget Field Trip. But it was a co-production of Saban and DIC, meaning Disney own's Saban's controlling stake and Cookie Jar, DIC's. Though Cookie Jar would have released it on DVD at least.

Hubert

Reaction score
It's great that this is happening, even if it hasn't been announced to come to the states yet...but am I understanding it correctly that this isn't going to take place in the rock we've come to know and love?

Slackbot

Reaction score
It sounds like this is going to take place in a Doozer colony in the forest, so, yeah, it sounds sadly Fraggle-free.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Now we'll get to see how Doozer stick buildings handle the elements. Great fodder for sweeps week.