The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't think SST is "just now" started to interest older audiences... we've kind of always been around.
I'm pretty sure they mean older like 4-5 years old.

Unless you were kidding, in which case....dolphin!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is well illustrated in this quote:
The original “Elmo’s World” joined “Sesame Street” at a time when the show, which was first broadcast in 1969 to prepare underserved children for school, had begun attracting a much younger audience, including many under 2. Though television time for them should be strictly limited, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the show’s producers felt obliged to cater to the very young and their attention span by adding the shorter “Elmo’s World.” Still, “we were depressed by the statistics about how young the audience had gotten,” Ms. Parente said. “The curriculum was not designed for that.”
In Season 40 Sesame Workshop made a conscious effort to lure back older preschoolers who had deemed the show too babyish. It was a success: the 3-year-old audience rose 41 percent that year; 4-year-olds increased 4 percent; and the 5-year-olds, 21 percent. That left “Elmo’s World” as the show’s youngest-skewing element, which should change with “Elmo the Musical,” although producers are hopeful the younger set will still enjoy Elmo’s escapades even if they don’t follow the math.
And I say, 'bout darn time. Too long has Sesame Street pandered to the under 3 crowd that wouldn't benefit too much from the series anyway. Now the STEM/STEAM/STREAQZPTM focus makes a lot more sense, and the engineering (and some of the tougher bits of vocab) won't be lost on those who barely understand the alphabet yet. Seems SS might just be out of that slump. Getting rid of Elmo's World (and lets hope it sticks) might just be the best thing that happened to them AND the kick in the pants they needed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wish I had somewhere to watch the new episodes. Alas, no TV in my dorm (that, and class happens when the new episodes air).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Sesame Street hasn't had any Youtube previews other than the compilation yet... but I guess they've decided to be a little smarter with that stuff since the Katy Perry thing.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Sesame Street hasn't had any Youtube previews other than the compilation yet... but I guess they've decided to be a little smarter with that stuff since the Katy Perry thing.
[observant nerd mode] Based on what they did last season, clips should appear the Monday before the season premiere. So, I'm assuming on Monday, they'll upload some of the Word of the Day bits, a spoof or two, and update their site with a season 43 section.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's interesting that some reports say that old Elmo's World will continue in reruns. Does this mean Elmo's World will alternate with Elmo the Musical! or that they'll continue to air reruns from past seasons that are NOT just renumbered (if that's the case then DUH!).

Huh, that one Cookie Monster plot sounds like an extended version of the Matt Lauer segment (one that's one of my least favorite recent Cookie Monster segments), only with a different reporter. And yet this episode plot sounds a lot better. Heh, after reading about it I've wondered if Sesame Workshop has considered compiling a DVD of this street story and various segments involving Cookie Monster promoting healthy food (though a good portion of the C is for Cookie Monster DVD contained such segments, four in a row actually).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's interesting that some reports say that old Elmo's World will continue in reruns. Does this mean Elmo's World will alternate with Elmo the Musical! or that they'll continue to air reruns from past seasons that are NOT just renumbered (if that's the case then DUH!).
No, EW will only be apart of re-runs from previous seasons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Are they going to drop the act of newly numbered episodes that are entirely reruns, AKA that stunt they pulled last year?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Celebrity Airdate schedule shows some titles for the episodes we don't know. Something Drtooth will not like - the "Birdwalk Empire" spoof airing twice.

I'm a tad disappointed that 5 of the 26 episodes have repeated street stories, but I'm really intrigued by the new Grover song.

EDIT: From the schedules I've seen, all the repeats from previous seasons are listed with their original ep. numbers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... this is going to be the season I'm going to stop watching.

Repeated story segments in the lousy 26 episodes (basically leaving only 21 episodes)? And it takes until freaking APRIL to show them? How much money did they lose for that to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.