What Kind of Animal is Beauregard?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread like this when I searched, so if I'm missing something, forgive me.

What kind of animal is Beauregard? I don't think he's a "monster", as he lacks the typical characteristics of one; no wild fur or hair, no giant teeth, no claws. He's obviously not a whatnot or a whatever, so what is he? Muppet Wiki has a bit on their talk page copied from a book which mentions him living in a burrow, which would seem to indicate he's a type of mole (?), but he seems too big for that.

What do you guys think?

Hubert

Reaction score
I've been saying for years that somewhere in the world of the internet I read that he was an anteater, and for the longest time I accepted that as fact. I don't know if he is (he doesn't quite have anteater qualities), and I haven't been able to find that source since. (No idea what source it was or how accurate it may have been.

Now that you say it, I'm kinda liking the mole thing. He does seem to have some mole characteristics, so it could be a possibility.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Toughpigs once asked this question to henson.com. Henon.com's answers was "Beauregard is Beauregard".

Kermoot

Reaction score
I always thought that he was like a bug or something but in the one song sung by Sam the Eagle he is called a lump.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just assumed he was some kind of vague humanoid :/

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I think Clifford is supposed to be a humanoid character. Though Kermit thought he kind of looked like a catfish (an episode of MT), and Gonzo and Rizzo thought he resembled a dust buster (the MFS commentary).