1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What Kind of Animal is Beauregard?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by charlietheowl, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well hello, did somebody call?

But seriously, we've had this discussion a few times...with no solid conclusions. Although some consider him to be a mole (I don't), I think he is just a bit species-less to be honest. Partly because usually the animal characters are referred to as "the Frog", "the Bear", "Piggy", "Bunny", etc (although not all), or make at least a few animal-specific jokes, I don't think he ever has.

There was, however, a picture book one which stated that he lived underground and ate roots of plants that just grew through into his kitchen. Once he left his home and came to the theater, didn't remember how he got there, and stayed.
    muppetfan24/7 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  2. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I was about to make a joke about you :p
    muppetfan24/7 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  3. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I didn't think of that point. Perhaps he just is a "Beauregard".
  4. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I've always felt that he has an almost "Bear"ish feel about him, with the strength and the clumsyness, but he doesn't have the usual bear-ears, and he's worked with Bobo (the Bear) and not been referred to as a bear.

I just love how soft and smooshy he looks! A Beau-hug would probably be the best hug around. :D

Also, Vinent, I just knew someone would be making a Beau/Me joke around here.

Bea:oops:{I am actually a human with a Muppet Screen-name, don't ya know}regard
  5. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Either him or Thog.
  6. TheWeirdoGirl Active Member

I admit that I've never thought about this question very much before. I've always just assumed that Beauregard was just Beauregard.
  7. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I always thought Beauregard was just a lump that somehow evolved into a face and body...
    muppetfan24/7 and Beauregard like this.
  8. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

He kinda looks like a mole.
  9. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Beauregard is his own species, just like the Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs. :oops:
  10. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The next time somebody conducts an interview with one of the performers, writers, designers, etc., they really should ask what Beauregard is.
  11. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's no more then wondering what "Gonzo" is. :p
  12. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Gonzo is, and always will be a Whatever.
  13. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

He's more like a turkey. :p
  14. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yeah... a little like a turkey... but not much.

(incidentally, Jim Henson once said he thought Gonzo was a cross between a turkey and pencil sharpener).
  15. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Great I won't be looking at pencil sharpeners the same way. Honestly I never really wondered what Beau was but I do think he's a cross between a mole and bearish type thing. But he is oh so loveable! And who wouldn't wanna drive with him! *ehhh not me*
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  16. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

One guy who wasn't familiar with the Muppets, but frequently played the game "Muppets Race Mania" thought that Beau was supposed to be a stereotypical Inidian taxi driver. :rolleyes: People always assume the worst.
  17. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

In the words of Kermit "What the hey???!"
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  18. Ignatz Member

I thought he was a human in the same way Scooter is.
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Not sure about Beauregard, but yes, it's currently accepted that Clifford is a catfish.
  20. Dr TeethFan Active Member

Maybe he is human-muppet if you know what I mean,like Swedish Chef,Janice,Floyd,Scooter,ect