Questions about anything

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
see nothing wrong with google :rolleyes:
Nothing? Come now...

It manipulates the way we receive information in ways we aren't even aware of. Plus its history involving China is nothing to be proud of.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But I still think that comparing it to Hitler is not only unwarranted, it is also offensive.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But I still think that comparing it to Hitler is not only unwarranted, it is also offensive.
Well it's just an expression people use. Yes it's obviously an exaggeration. The bottom line is Google's little "do no evil" thing is laughable.

Hubert

Reaction score
But still, it is a bit unnecessary to throw out Holocaust references like candy...that was a very tragic event in the lives of many people, and comparing something as petty as Google to it just seems so unnecessary...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't referencing the Holocaust, I never even mentioned the Holocaust, my comparison of Google to Hitler is that Google as a company has practices that are a lot like that of a ruthless dictator (ala Hitler), and the way they mostly cater their services to benefit their own wants and needs as opposed to the people it's supposed to serve is similar to that of Fascism (Nazis).

I'm not the only one out there who feels this way about Google, it's just I'm the only HERE (at MC) who apparently does.

Hubert

Reaction score
I do believe you are entitled to your own opinion about Google, however I just don't think that using Hitler as an example is the best way to do it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Fine, but you don't have to say it every single time someone mentions google :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hubert said:
I do believe you are entitled to your own opinion about Google, however I just don't think that using Hitler as an example is the best way to do it.
Should I compare them to Castro instead?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No, we all know how you feel about google and there is no need to bring up your hatred every single time someone mentions it. All Hubert did was ask a question and you jump down his throat.