Underrated Movies

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Apparently everyone else on MC says it's the worst Will Ferrell movie there is, but I COMPLETELY disagree, I think it's the ONLY Will Ferrell movie that's actually watchable, because for once, he plays against type, and instead of playing a one-dimensional sketch character, he actually plays a sympathetic fish-out-of-water character... not to mention, it's also just a charming little family Christmas movie, with an interesting choice of casting.
Agreed. I love Elf and think a lot of it had to do with the casting as much as the writing, but I find pretty much every other thing out there that's associated with Will Ferrell to be un-watchable. He's up there with Jim Carrey on my No-Longer-Funny Meter.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Christmas Story is one really weird and trippy movie... you have to watch it like a bazillion times in order to "get it", and even then, there's still a lot that doesn't make sense (like when Ralphie finally snaps and beats up the bully, why does the bully's nose start bleeding when Ralphie was punching him in the gut?). Or... it could be one of those movies you have to watch on acid, I don't know...
What's so hard to get about it?

And the bully scene was probably just a factual error.

DrDientes

Reaction score
Megamind and Monsters Vs. Aliens. I'm anxious for the Nick series of MVA. And I really hope a sequel for Megamind. They're my favorites Dreamwork films.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I kind of think Megamind is OVER-rated, but that could be just me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Trust me on this. In a world full of completely overused parody super heroes... getting to the point where they outnumbered the real super heroes, Megamind found the ONE angle that hasn't been exploited yet. I used to love super hero parodies, but everyone and their mother had one and it was all stuff we've seen done better in things like The Tick or Plastic Man or WHAT THE...!? or something. But to make a story about such a deluded villain that was convinced that he had to be a villain... that was the last smart thing you can do with superheroes that doesn't involve Deadpool, if you ask me.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Megamind and Monsters Vs. Aliens. I'm anxious for the Nick series of MVA. And I really hope a sequel for Megamind. They're my favorites Dreamwork films.
Nice,but I'm minorly annoyed that Nick made a series for Madagascar Penguins,but not Shrek. Shrek could have a lot of potential I believe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A Shrek cartoon series would just rehash the films. I think I've had enough of Shrek feeling sorry for himself. We got that in 4 movies and a Christmas special. Penguins of Madagascar focuses on secondary characters that were arguably more interesting than the main cast. Monsters Vs. Aliens is going to be something, though. They aren't making a sequel of that anytime soon, so a TV series is the best thing they can do with the characters. I certainly hope there's some merchandise. The MVA toys were notoriously hard to find.