Muppet Show Song Ideas?

Ignatz

Reaction score
Sweetums singing 'If you could see her' from Cabaret to a female guest star.
Statler and Waldorf singing Style by Frank Sinatra, possibly with a third guest star singer.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Ooh ooh! More ideas!!!

Lady Marmalade (The original Patti Labelle version. NOT the stupid Christina Aguilera/ Moulin Rouge version)- Miss Piggy and a female guest star (Perhaps Patti Labelle herself?) backed up by The Electric Mayhem. (Lips gets a trumpet solo!) Miss Piggy and the guest star are dressed up as showgirls in a Las Vegas burlesque setting. (*I know the Muppets have spoofed Moulin Rouge in "Very Merry Muppet Christmas")

The Joker (Steve Miller Band)- Gonzo and/or Floyd. If it's both, then Gonzo would attempt to be more "flirty" towards Camilla or one of the other chickens (or more than one) and Floyd would offer Gonzo advice on "pullin' the moves on the ladies."

Rock Lobster (The B-52)- Polly Lobster backed up by a trio of female lobsters

A Waltz For Eva and Che (from Evita)- Miss Piggy and Floyd. I have ALWAYS dreamed of these two sing this. Maybe when they get into a major disagreement/ argument that leads Floyd to go against her.

Stuck On You (Lionel Richie)- Floyd with Janice accompanying him. (*Sort of along the lines of how "Blackbird" was performed) Sort of Floyd serenading Janice. :sing::flirt:

Jazzman (Carole King)- either a female guest star or Annie Sue accompanied by Zoot and either Rowlf or Dr. Teeth (Zoot is a necessity for this number, as there is a saxophone solo here! :cool: )

You're So Vain (Carly Simon)- Kermit, in a disagreement with Miss Piggy.

Have You Ever Seen The Rain (Creedence Clearwater Revival)- Kermit, also playing this on banjo. He's sitting in a swamp setting and sings to a group of frogs. At the end of the song, it starts raining.

Bad Moon Rising (Creedence Clearwater Revival)- Uncle Deadly accompanied by The Electric Mayhem

Jailhouse Rock (Elvis Presley)- Floyd and Dr. Teeth

That's all I could come up with right now.....this is so much fun!!! :halo:

Greengables95

Reaction score
Midnight Special (Creedence Clearwater Revival)- Electric Mayhem
Hero (Enrique Iglesias)- Wayne singing to Wanda
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)- A Female Guest Star (Maybe Cyndi herself) and a bunch of female Muppets (Janice, Miss Piggy, Annie Sue)
Shoppin' A to Z (Toni Basil)- Miss Piggy
Soul Man (Blues Brothers)- Floyd and Dr. Teeth
Welcome to the Jungle (Guns 'N Roses)- Electric Mayhem
You Better Run (Pat Benatar)- Sweetums
Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler)- Miss Piggy and Kermit
Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)- Electric Mayhem

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Stuck On You (Lionel Richie)- Floyd with Janice accompanying him. (*Sort of along the lines of how "Blackbird" was performed) Sort of Floyd serenading Janice. :sing::flirt:
Funny that you should mention Floyd serenading Janice. Earlier today, I was listening to...

Who Put the Bomp (Barry Mann)- I got to thinking about how Floyd could sing this, looking at Janice during the speaking part. :sing::flirt:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Funny that you should mention Floyd serenading Janice. Earlier today, I was listening to...

Who Put the Bomp (Barry Mann)- I got to thinking about how Floyd could sing this, looking at Janice during the speaking part. :sing::flirt:
Funny...I thought this was song covered on The Muppet Show already.....It was in the Hal Linden episode)

Hayley B

Reaction score
If Oscar can count. He can sing "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Wait wait wait....I got more!

Let's Hear It For The Boy (from Footloose)- Miss Piggy or Janice in cheerleading attire.

Rich Girl (Hall and Oates)- Floyd, taunting Miss Piggy

Buenos Aires (from Evita)- Miss Piggy, backed up by chorus boys

Rhianon (Fleetwood Mac)- Skeeter or Janice, backed up by the Electric Mayhem

The Cell Block Tango (from Chicago)- (It's really supposed to be the girls singing it, but it'd be even funnier if the guys to sang it, just like this video below. If they have to, they'll just swap the guys names to girls names.) My choices: Rizzo (Liz/Pop), Gonzo (Annie/Six), Fozzie (June/Squish), Beaker (*Just to make it even more random) (Hunyak/Uh Uh), Kermit (Velma/Cicero), Floyd (Mona/Lipschitz)