Muppet Show Song Ideas?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here are my ideas:

*I Will Survive-by a lobster that's about to get eaten

Oppurtunity Knox
(here's the lyrics):
http://www.roxette.nl/lyricsarchive/song.asp?id=350
...the song should be sung by a guest star on TMS(anyone) and a character in a box with just the legs, arms and feet showing.

For The Muppets' 50th Anniversary special:
Eiffel 65 sings "Blue Da Ba Dee" with Cookie Monster,Gonzo,Sam the Eagle,Rosita,Boober Fraggle,Tutter,Grover,Herry Monster,Mel,Uncle Deadley,several anything muppet monsters from "The Muppet Show" and "Sesame Street",Beautiful Day Monster,and Thog. Clips from everything the "blue" Muppets have appeared in-past/present Henson productions-The Muppet Show,Sesame Street(they can even use clips from the foreign versions),Bear in the Big Blue House,Fraggle Rock,Muppet Babies,The Jim Henson Hour,Muppets Tonight,Animal Jam,all the Muppet television specials(A Celebration of 30 Years,Valentines Special,Muppet Family Christmas,etc),and all the Muppet movies as well as clips from the Muppets' guest spots on other people's shows, the Weezer music video,etc can be seen in the background while they're singing.

Of course, the only problem is....they can't have the TMS/SS/BITBBH/FR characters interacting with each other anymore since they're now owned by separate companies(Disney/Sesame Workshop/JHC)

:frown: :sympathy: :smirk:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Here's another one:

One Step Beyond by Madness (as performed by EM)

BlueAM

Reaction score
I'm back! Just to let you know, Gorgon, I know about your use of "Up, Up, and Away" in your Paul Lynde outline already, and I came up with my idea of it before you posted your outline. Sorry about that.....

And, again, just to let you know, all my song ideas that I will be mentioning will be used in some of my own TMS outlines.

Here are some more of them:

Frank and Jesse James (Warren Zevon): Have to think of this for a bit longer. Either the jugband singing it or the jugband and the EM singing it together.

Contact in Red Square (Blondie): "Agent X and the Microblots", a spy rock group (almost like Sesame's Dr. Thad and the Medications ("10 Commandments of Health", only more rock'n'roll-type)).

And some more Beatles songs:

When I'm Sixty-Four: Sung by the Time-in-a-Bottle Man, Burlington Bertie, Brewster, and two elderly Whatnots. Might work in a second season outline.

Lady Madonna: Sung by the EM. I imagine Janice on tambourine, Floyd on lead vocals, and Zoot on a sax solo.

Revolution: Sung by some animals in an Australian outback setting with a kangaroo on lead vocal. This I will DEFINITELY use in an outline, that's for sure lol.

So, what do you guys think?

BlueAM

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
BlueAM said:
I'm back! Just to let you know, Gorgon, I know about your use of "Up, Up, and Away" in your Paul Lynde outline already, and I came up with my idea of it before you posted your outline. Sorry about that.....
No apologies necessary- great minds think alike!

BlueAM said:
When I'm Sixty-Four: Sung by the Time-in-a-Bottle Man, Burlington Bertie, Brewster, and two elderly Whatnots. Might work in a second season outline.
Or perhaps the # could be done with babies, given that the song is in future tense. That could be interesting. Or have young to middle-aged Whatnots with elderly flash forwards.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BlueAM

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to work more on my "When I'm Sixty-Four" concept....

Here's another:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: sung by Fozzie, his mom, and various Muppets in a bar with Rowlf on piano and assorted musicians (think the setting for "Knees Up, Mother Brown" from the Kenny Rogers episode). I think this would make a great U.K. Skit for either Season 4 or 5. In addition, Travelling Matt did a Dick Van Dyke outline, and the U.K. Skit to that was Kermit and Piggy singing it being backed up by the EM and Don Music (in a cameo), but this is how I see it.

And some more Beatles songs:

Please Please Me: sung by Alexander Beetle and his Beetles

Hey Bulldog: sung by the dogs from the U.K. Skit in the Liza Minelli episode, and they could be backed up by either the EM or some mod Whatnot musicians.

Why Don't We Do It in the Road?: sung by Dr. Teeth, backed up by Floyd and Animal

BlueAM

KCJ506

Reaction score
Respect: Sung by Miss Piggy

Do You Love Me: Sung by Floyd

Money(That's What I Want): Sung by Gonzo

Disco Inferno: Sung by Link, Gonzo, & Fozzie

War(What Is It Good For): Sung by Soliders in the same set as the one used for Why Can't We Be Friends

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Here's my song

Don't Worry Be Happy

Sung by Gonzo with Animal doing the "Be Happy" parts and all sorts of dangerous and crazy things happening around them. :zany: :halo:

chicamuppet

Reaction score
Great ideas you all!!
I like specially Abba or Beachboys songs and Piano man (but only sang by Rolwf hehehe).
I say:
We are the world
Make the world a better place (from Michael Jackson) perhaps for Fraggle Rock
Somebody to Love (Queen) sang by Gonzo
Livin´la vida loca (Ricky Martin) by Kermit refering to Piggy.
Let´s get loud (J.Lo). by Piggy
Let´s get together and feel all righ(Marley) by Clifford

P

Philip Kippel

KCJ506 said:
Disco Inferno: Sung by Link, Gonzo, & Fozzie
Actually, I think that "Disco Inferno" would be better off being sung by the Muppet Devils (seen in such TMS episodes as the ones with Alan Arkin and Debbie Harry) in an inferno setting.

That'd make for a more interesting number.