Muppet Show Song Ideas?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Anything by ZZTop with Floyd on vocals.

Especially their song "Cheap Sunglasses" which already sounds like Floyd is singing on it!!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
That's already been done ... well, sort of. Sesame Street had a song called "ZZ Blues", performed by a bunch of AMs with sunglasses and big beards, with Jerry on lead vocal.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that now. :smile:

Still, to have the EM perform their songs would be cool, instead of parodies thereof.

ZZBlues wasn't even based on a ZZTop song, just the look of the characters.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Love shack would be super cool! Next, Mother's Little Helper by The Rolling Stones, sung by Electric Mayhem.

And a rousing number of Satisfaction with EVERYBODY! Including Electric Mayhem!!! That would be cool!

BlueAM

Reaction score
You guys have such great ideas!

I've modified my "Everything Is Beautiful" concept. There will also be a Bela Lugosi Whatnot joining the other three on the first verse, and Uncle Deadly, Boppity, Gloat, and the Vincent Price Whatnot will sing the second verse. Beakie and two female Frackles will serve as backup singers. As in "Short People" a band will accompany them. It will consist of Svengali on organ, Droop on guitar, the black, silver-beaked monster from the Alice Cooper episode on bass, Beautiful Day on keyboards, one of the punk band members from the Debbie Harry episode on tambourine, and Miss Kitty on drums.

Here are some more:

Harry Nilsson's Me and My Arrow: The Electric Mayhem, and then an arrow appears and a "Robin Hood" Whatnot retrieves it.

Cheese and Onions (The Rutles): a rock group called The Cheese and Onions Band (two of them are pieces of cheese and two of them are onions).

Neil Innes' Mississippi Moon: Floyd, Zoot, and Dr. Teeth.

A Couple of Swells: Scooter and Link dressed as hoboes.

Do What, John?: Fozzie, Rowlf, and Floyd.

No More Toymakers To the King (Santa Claus is Comin' to Town): Two villainous Whatnots who then get beaten up by toys.

Old Joe's Place (from A Mighty Wind): three Hillbilly Whatnots, and then Old Joe (the pawn store owner from MCC) pops up to complain.

I'll be back with more ideas!

BlueAM
"Little things hitting each other! That's what I like!"- Napoleon, Time Bandits

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sesame Street
. "the name game " sung by mahna mahna
. "I will survive" sung by Miss piggy in planet koozbaine
.. cool hugh?
from Barry lee
see you next on PIGS IN SPAAACE!!!!!!!
Piggy singing "I Will Survive" on Koozebane... I like it.

I sorta used a lot of songs that people mentioned in some outlines-

BlueAM, I made "Up, Up and Away" the closing number of my Paul Lynde outline, only it takes place in an WWII airplane w/the Electric Mayhem playing and singing backup, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Crazy Harry and Luncheon Counter Monster as paratroopers about to jump, Paul as their commander, and Thog as... well, Thog I guess, dancing around in the plane.

erniebert1234ss- "Satisfaction" as performed by the Electric Mayhem was the opening number in my James Caan outline.

Manda:-D- I dunno about Dr. Teeth singing Mr. Bojangles; isn't his voice a little harsh for it? Natually, the second outline I did, the one with Sammy Davis Jr., Sammy sings it.

Did I already mention "Black Water" ('I'd like to hear some funky Dixieland, Pretty mama come take me by the hand') probably by the jug-band? I had a nifty idea for the Electric Mayhem and the jug-band to play together on the song "Sweet City Woman".

"Come Go with Me"- doo-wop song, using it in a soon-to-be-posted outline, as are "Sunday Will Never Be the Same" and Dave Baby Cortez's "The Happy Organ".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Ryan

Reaction score
More Beatles Songs and the seasons they would be best fit:

Two Of Us by Floyd and Janice- a perfect song for them. I can just picture them singing it. Season 5.

Taxman by J.P. Grosse to Kermit- just sounds perfect. Season 2.

And Your Bird Can Sing- Floyd, maybe? Season 5.

For No One- Maybe Kermit, backed by the EM...I dunno why, but I picture him singing it. Season 2.

Piggies by Floyd, being attacked by Piggy (would make a great UK skit) (Floyd: "What they need's a darn good whacking!" Piggy "I'll show ya whcking! Hiii-ya!") Season 4.

Martha My Dear by a British chap Season 2.

Rocky Racoon by the Henson Jugband Trio (Jerry, Frank, and Jim, of course) Season 1.

Honey Pie, by a young British Whatnot (probably a Richard Hunt Muppet) Season 3/4.

Come Together by EM, with Floyd Vocals Season 2.

Something by Floyd (?) Season 1

Maxwell's Silver Hammer by The Newsman- Maybe it is told in a news report, and whenever the chorus comes, he's hit in the head with the hammer. Yeah, I know, It's far-fetched, but I think this song would work well on TMS. Season 4/5.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
How about...

"The Organ Grinder's Swing"--this would be an instrumental played by Dr. Teeth, Janice, and Animal. Dr. Teeth would REALLY get into this one, yelling "OH YEAH!" at odd intervals.

"Psycho" by the Sonics, as played by the Electric Mayhem, Dr. Teeth vocals

"Seasons Of Love", sung by everyone!

"Bring It On Home To Me" as sung by Floyd & Janice

"Calling Baton Rouge" as sung by the jugband

"Big Bad John", as sung by Rowlf (in homage to his old boss, Jimmy Dean). Gonzo would play John and get buried in a mine. Crazy Harry has to blast him out afterwards. :smile:

BlueAM

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
That's already been done ... well, sort of. Sesame Street had a song called "ZZ Blues", performed by a bunch of AMs with sunglasses and big beards, with Jerry on lead vocal.
I believe you are trying to refer to Over the Top. Just thought I'd let you know...

I came up with an "Eleanor Rigby" concept, too: It could be sung by four undertakers with Nigel (in funeral dress) on violin. Hope you like it!

I think that Boober Gorg's "Backbraker" concept should be like this: It should be sung by a Whatnot rock band and they get attacked by Gorgon Heap in drag.

I'll be back with more ideas!

BlueAM

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
How about the Electric Mayhem singing "Y.M.C.A." by The Village People (or has that been done? please tell me if it has, I really like that song! )
(the tune, ok. I didn't know what the song was even about until many years after I'd heard it as a child- it's still good for roller skating parties!)
:big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :halo: :cool:

The Muppets already have done my all time favorite Beach Boys song, which of course, is "Kokomo".

I could see them doing some other 80s songs though.

Like "She Drives Me Crazy" by Fine Young Cannibals- wait... They DID do that on the "Kermit Unpigged" album

hmm... Okay, how about "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News.
I think I could see the Electric Mayhem doing that. (Although I guess Kermit and Miss Piggy could too...)

Well, here's one that would work well for graphic imagery.

"To **** With the Devil" by Stryper. I could just see one of the devil muppets from "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" skit getting stuffed into an abyss.

"Pressing On" by Relient K. That's just a really encouraging song for me that could be done well by Kermit, what with the hectic schedule of running a theatre and all.

"Beyond Belief" by Petra. It's a song about taking your faith in Christ to a deeper level and following where God leads. And it totally rocks! This is definitely one for the Electric Mayhem.

And I definitely vote for "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", a song from the Veggietales gang, of course, and later covered by Relient K.

I'm sure there's lots of other good ones, and there's so many songs that I like I might find myself posting more later....